Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 422 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • jimmy

Just yoga’d the crap out of my back which is feeling the strain of the weekend run.

As spring is springing, I can confidently say as a result of this and previous 100 day challenge (plus flexibility that lockdown has afforded) that I’ve never been fitter at this time of year. I’m getting anxious about how to capitalise on it this year. Would quite like an extra month’s holiday over the coming year.

doomanic

35 miles on the bike on Saturday, 40 on Sunday then this today;
    Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 10 no rest
    TRS Plank 30s no rest
    TRS Knee Tucks 2×25 30s rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 11 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×20 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×11 no rest
    Superset; Crunch & Mountain Climbers 4×20 no rest
    Push-ups 5×10 30s rest
    Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG 5×10 30s rest

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Getting stuck in there doomanic!
    7 1/2 mile deadlegged jog today – actually needed a nap after.

willard

Quite apart from being on day 54 of the burpee challenge (which, because they are burpees, sucks) I went to the gym and, for the first time in a while, was lifting bodyweight+ on deadlifts. not much over to be honest and nowhere near what I used to lift for 10 reps, but it’s a start.

doomanic

Today’s exercises;
    Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 10 no rest
    TRS Plank 30s no rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 12 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×20 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×11 no rest
    Superset; Crunch & Mountain Climbers 5×20 no rest
    Push-ups 5×10 30s rest
    Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG 5×11 30s rest (might have been 6 sets of these, I lost count…)

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Burpees do suck. Also, mountain climbers.
    40k on the bike today, luckily head wind was on the “out” leg!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

6k jog this morning. Then a nap! I am feeling a bit fitter. Just wish I had the knee from 10 years ago!

jodafett

I’ve developed what I think is a Bakers cyst on the back of my knee. No pain but an egg sized lump. I was due a rest week on my cycling training plan so I’ve brought it forward a week and I’ll just do yoga for the next wee while!

AlasdairMc

Day 87 of my riding every day (started 1st Dec). I’m taking day 100 off and going riding with my dad to mark it. He’s set the bar by putting in 50km on his hybrid today, so should be a good day riding with him.

dannybgoode

So were am I. Monday was a nice easy dog walk following my ride Sunday. Tuesday I got a thorough workout putting up a trampoline. Sounds daft I know but pulling those springs on etc really gives the core a going over! Wednesday I cracked off just over 30k on the road bike, Thursday I did take it quite easy but walked to the shops etc. Did I do the full 30 mins – no but I needed to take it easy and then today was another near 30km on the road bike. Pretty pleased with my progress to date – over 30 hours of exercise in total this month so far and my training load is building nicely :).

Run tomorrow and then I am not sure what I’ll do Sunday yet…

jodafett

Slightly contradicting my last post regarding staying off the bike I ended up doing 30km today. Tried to make it gentle but I was being chased by two ladies on Ebikes so I had to put them in there place after they kept pointing out that they’d caught me up again!! (I’m now very tired!)

doomanic

Added more reps and a couple more ecercises, so no rest periods other than changing exercise or wiping the sweat off my brow, although I don’t think push ups into planks was my best idea this week…

Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 11 no rest
    TRS Plank 35s no rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 13 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×22 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×12 no rest
    Superset; Push-ups 10 Plank 30s 5 sets no rest
    Superset; Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG & Kettlebell Row 12KG 5×10 no rest

Out on the road bike tomorrow. First non eeb ride for over a year and it’s a 36 mile loop, wish me luck.

I didn’t realise dog walking counts, but as it does I’ve exercised every day since September 2017…

stripeysocks
    Free Member

It certainly can count, it counted for me today as I gave blood & felt a bit wiped out afterwards.

jimmy

I’ve had an off week. Yoga Monday, short ride Wednesday, walked up a small hill last night. Nothing heavy, I needed the rest. Beer tonight, ride tomorrow.

I’ve always struggled with motivation for upper body exercise. Just been on a works conference with Dr Chatterlee (of BBC fame) and liked his theory about tagging it on to an existing habit and removing any cognitive load. So I will do one upper body exercise every morning while the coffee brews. Surely I can manage this.

doomanic

https://www.strava.com/activities/4859160469

That was fun. No, really, it was. I was surprised too.

Doing it again tomorrow, but with more hills.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

That’s a good idea jimmy, might do something similar. Without the weights classes at the gym I’ve been getting spaghetti arms and a dough gut.
    Feel almost normal today but still not quite so half an hour of yoga. Maybe should try getting into the habit of 10 min of that a day too…

doomanic

31 miles on the road bike today. Still enjoying it, despite (or maybe because of) more hills.

loum
    Free Member

Two months done. Well done everyone.
    Still doing running, mostly 6-7km, not missed yet.
    Weather and daylight improving so it’s going to be easier to get the bike going again. 🙂

dannybgoode

Cracked off a 5k run yesterday and because it was just shy of 30 mins I then took the dogs out and tackled a short but very steep hill in a field with them.

Legs feeling it now after the 110k of road miles I put in them this week together with the run. I seemed to bump into really steep hills on all the rides and really pushed myself on them.

Couple of easy days very much required. Tom the dogs on a good walk today and will probably do a light Ring Fit session tomorrow and then possibly some turbo sessions during the rest of the week if these leg twinges have calmed down…

doomanic

Back in the garage gym today. I’m getting to the point where I’m wondering if it’s worth going back to the proper gym next month.

Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 12 no rest
    TRS Plank 30s no rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 13 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×22 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×13 no rest
    Superset; Push-ups 10 Plank 30s 5 sets no rest
    Superset; Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG & Kettlebell Row 12KG 5×11 no rest

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Still feeling drained (fell asleep at lunchtime) so just the dog walk today.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Feeling a bit more human – fished the weights out and did a couple of mins of upper body stuff while sorting the coffee this morning – just back from 10 jog (76 mins so yes, jog, or shamble if you prefer) with a buddy.

dannybgoode

OK I’ll admit it – I took another day off yesterday. I have really been pushing hard since the start of this, my legs were beginning to twinge and I was exhausted so decided a day off was in order.

Feel much better for it though and if I can keep it to only 2 days off in the 90 I’ll be happy. I have already done way better than I ever thought possible and have genuinely improved my fitness to perhaps my best level in well over 10 years…

jimmy

Lost my way with this a bit. Been tired recently and have been busy with work. Annoying I’ve let it slide for those reasons, though. Shall be riding tonight hopefully.

TiRed

Not missed a day yet, but two gentle walks over the weekend with a borrowed dog felt like cheating. Feeling like I need some more cardio. Averaging 40 miles per week a pied though at 3.5-4mph average. Still only Zone1.

doomanic

First run of the year today. 5.76KM, 37m 24s so very slow, but at least I managed to run the whole way.

sandboy

Just realised that it’s been a while since I checked in, good to see that you’re all still on it!
    I’ve still been riding for at least an hour each day but very much mixing it up with some road, MTB and using my spin bike a bit more often for the hard days.
    The lighter evenings have made this challenge a little easier than the pre Christmas one and the fine weather over the weekend made it a pleasure to be out cycling and hopefully a taste of what’s to come. I’m definitely feeling fitter and stronger but more conscious than ever of having easy days when I’m feeling fatigued.
    Keep on keeping on.

scotroutes

Just realised that it’s been a while since I checked in,

Yeah, me too. I’ve had two days off since the start. One was just general weariness given I’d done the 100 days up to Xmas too. The other was because I sort of “forgot” in the midst of other things. I’ve been biking, walking, running, “swimming”, yoga and even some Zwifting on account of having bought myself a turbo trainer. I’ll post some photos up of some days past, but this was todays effort…

24km and 1,230 metres of ascent. Absolutely glorious. If I’d had more food I might have stayed on the ridge until sunset.

sandboy

^^^^ Those photos make me very envious!! It’s beautiful here in Norfolk but those mountains are very special. My kids have never been to Scotland and once we can travel I’m going to put that right.

scotroutes

@sandboy – if you end up in the Aviemore area, let me know and I’ll try to come up with some family-friendly routes and activities for you.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Love the photos.
    Betrayed by the weather forecast, earlier it said nice mild dry afternoon.
    However once I’d finished sorting out the flat tyre that had appeared on my road bike it was raining with gusto.
    So today’s exercise was a walk in the 🌧️.

doomanic

Still at it…

Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 13 no rest
    TRS Plank 30s no rest
    TRS Knee Tucks 2×30 30s rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×26 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×13 no rest
    Superset; Push-ups 11 Plank 30s 5 sets no rest
    Superset; Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG & Kettlebell Row 12KG 5×13 no rest
    Superset; Lateral Raises 1KG & Elevated Bicep Curl 1KG 5×13 (this one hurt!)

Increased the reps and added the last superset. Surprisingly difficult considering how little weight.

sandboy

if you end up in the Aviemore area, let me know and I’ll try to come up with some family-friendly routes and activities for you.

That would be excellent!! It could very much be on the cards this summer if restrictions allow. We really don’t want to be getting on a plane at the moment but we could all do with a little while away from home.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Lateral raises are a bigger!

5k jog this morning. Now warming up under a very large, seemingly liquid dog

reluctantjumper

Still going strong here, yet to miss a day but have been very close a few times resulting in late night walks or quick Zwift sessions.

Another one who’s being made jealous by the photos posted by @scotroutes. Would kill to wander up a remote mountain right now.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

*bugger
    Cycle up and down hills with a buddy today. Chilly but those Wim Hof aficionados say it can do you good!
    Also did 2 mins squats with weights while making coffee this morning.

scotroutes

After Tuesdays exertions, I limited my self to an hour on Zwift on Wednesday but managed a 10km run yesterday.

Today it was back on the bike for a 50km tarmac/gravel spin down to Glen Feshie and back.

doomanic

Easy dog walk on Thursday and repeated Wednesday’s workout this afternoon.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Jog 5mi with a buddy this morning AND 2 mins weights while waiting for the coffee… Looking forward to gyms & pools reopening for a bit of a changeup in (however many) weeks

doomanic

42.6 mile road ride today. I’m pooped. Refuelled with a KFC tonight so I should be good for tomorrow’s 35 miler.

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 422 total)

The topic ‘90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st’ is closed to new replies.