Viewing 14 posts - 321 through 334 (of 334 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • Premier Icon jimmy

Just yoga’d the crap out of my back which is feeling the strain of the weekend run.

As spring is springing, I can confidently say as a result of this and previous 100 day challenge (plus flexibility that lockdown has afforded) that I’ve never been fitter at this time of year. I’m getting anxious about how to capitalise on it this year. Would quite like an extra month’s holiday over the coming year.

Premier Icon doomanic

35 miles on the bike on Saturday, 40 on Sunday then this today;
    Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 10 no rest
    TRS Plank 30s no rest
    TRS Knee Tucks 2×25 30s rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 11 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×20 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×11 no rest
    Superset; Crunch & Mountain Climbers 4×20 no rest
    Push-ups 5×10 30s rest
    Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG 5×10 30s rest

Premier Icon stripeysocks
    Free Member

Getting stuck in there doomanic!
    7 1/2 mile deadlegged jog today – actually needed a nap after.

Premier Icon willard

Quite apart from being on day 54 of the burpee challenge (which, because they are burpees, sucks) I went to the gym and, for the first time in a while, was lifting bodyweight+ on deadlifts. not much over to be honest and nowhere near what I used to lift for 10 reps, but it’s a start.

Premier Icon doomanic

Today’s exercises;
    Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 10 no rest
    TRS Plank 30s no rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 12 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×20 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×11 no rest
    Superset; Crunch & Mountain Climbers 5×20 no rest
    Push-ups 5×10 30s rest
    Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG 5×11 30s rest (might have been 6 sets of these, I lost count…)

Free Member

Burpees do suck. Also, mountain climbers.
    40k on the bike today, luckily head wind was on the “out” leg!

Free Member

6k jog this morning. Then a nap! I am feeling a bit fitter. Just wish I had the knee from 10 years ago!

Premier Icon jodafett

I’ve developed what I think is a Bakers cyst on the back of my knee. No pain but an egg sized lump. I was due a rest week on my cycling training plan so I’ve brought it forward a week and I’ll just do yoga for the next wee while!

Premier Icon AlasdairMc

Day 87 of my riding every day (started 1st Dec). I’m taking day 100 off and going riding with my dad to mark it. He’s set the bar by putting in 50km on his hybrid today, so should be a good day riding with him.

Premier Icon dannybgoode

So were am I. Monday was a nice easy dog walk following my ride Sunday. Tuesday I got a thorough workout putting up a trampoline. Sounds daft I know but pulling those springs on etc really gives the core a going over! Wednesday I cracked off just over 30k on the road bike, Thursday I did take it quite easy but walked to the shops etc. Did I do the full 30 mins – no but I needed to take it easy and then today was another near 30km on the road bike. Pretty pleased with my progress to date – over 30 hours of exercise in total this month so far and my training load is building nicely :).

Run tomorrow and then I am not sure what I’ll do Sunday yet…

Premier Icon jodafett

Slightly contradicting my last post regarding staying off the bike I ended up doing 30km today. Tried to make it gentle but I was being chased by two ladies on Ebikes so I had to put them in there place after they kept pointing out that they’d caught me up again!! (I’m now very tired!)

Premier Icon doomanic

Added more reps and a couple more ecercises, so no rest periods other than changing exercise or wiping the sweat off my brow, although I don’t think push ups into planks was my best idea this week…

Superset; TRS pull-ups & Step-ups 12KG 4 x 11 no rest
    TRS Plank 35s no rest
    Superset; Dumbbell Squat Thrusters 7.5KG & Kettlebell Swings 12KG 5 x 13 no rest
    Superset; Step-ups 12kg & Dumbbell Curls 7.5KG 5×22 no rest
    Superset: Kettlebell Squats 12KG & Triceps Extension 7.5KG 5×12 no rest
    Superset; Crunch & Mountain Climbers 5×20 no rest
    Superset; Push-ups 10 Plank 30s 5 sets no rest
    Superset; Bicep Curl to Overhead Press 7.5KG & Kettlebell Row 12KG 5×10 no rest

Out on the road bike tomorrow. First non eeb ride for over a year and it’s a 36 mile loop, wish me luck.

I didn’t realise dog walking counts, but as it does I’ve exercised every day since September 2017…

Free Member

It certainly can count, it counted for me today as I gave blood & felt a bit wiped out afterwards.

Premier Icon jimmy

I’ve had an off week. Yoga Monday, short ride Wednesday, walked up a small hill last night. Nothing heavy, I needed the rest. Beer tonight, ride tomorrow.

I’ve always struggled with motivation for upper body exercise. Just been on a works conference with Dr Chatterlee (of BBC fame) and liked his theory about tagging it on to an existing habit and removing any cognitive load. So I will do one upper body exercise every morning while the coffee brews. Surely I can manage this.

Viewing 14 posts - 321 through 334 (of 334 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.