Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 422 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • Ro5ey
    Free Member

Did a basic yoga session last night using a sufferfest vid. Really enjoyed it, only 15mins and it was more of a warm down stretch after doing a body weight HIIT session.

Body By JR

Give the guys above a try… Husband and wife team, I started going to their little, but well equipped gym, this time last year but then lockdown !! They’ve made the best of a bad situation and they post a new workout every day, sometimes with a bit of weight. I think they strike a good balance between getting the job done but not too serious, check them out… hope they arent too “Essex” for you

stripeysocks
    Free Member

5 mile jog today, I’m allowed to say jog as I used to be at least 2 mins a mile faster! Now just pleased I can keep going that far!
    DOMs from the weights sesh still there a bit. Yeah not young anymore…

scotroutes

Couple of hours up to Glenmore. Well, more like 3 as I kept meeting folk I knew, either on fatbikes or XC skis, and then had to help push a stuck BMW out of a very snowy car park

A wee bit more snow overnight made it remarkably tough for its short distance.

jimmy

Yesterday was a low. Couldn’t bring myself to do much – bit of stretching,  bit of physio stuff, nothing committed.

Went for a run today. Ran a road loop round the village. Christ road running is dull.

loum
    Free Member

Much prefer running off road but it’s so wet at the moment even the slopes have standing water.
    So I’ve been road running. Nothing exciting, varied from 6 to 10km, a few loops near the house.
    The thing with it is that’s it’s easy to get out, no prep needed, no equipment, no clear up, and not much thought needed to get started. I’ve been trying to go early and just get it out the way before I get time to procrastinate. I find the later it gets in the day, the harder it gets to start. Feel like I kind of need to have an exercise session planned the day before or I waste more time thinking what to do rather than doing it.
    Still, the running’s been alright and not missed a day yet. I’ll figure a way to build a bit more variety in when the weather picks up a bit.

scotroutes

Legs were a bit weary after yesterday so it was just a wee walk up the Ord Bàn this afternoon to take in the views and the Vit D.

scotroutes

dannybgoode

Well still on the wagon. Good length dog walk yesterday and a 35 min jog today. Not trying to do anything uber strenuous or set PB’s etc at the moment. Just keeping moving, trying to get my core fitness back and weight below 17st as a first target.

The real push will hopefully come late Feb and into March when got the base there so as not to get injured 🙂

stripeysocks
    Free Member

A very quick spin on the road bike today – not the world’s most strenuous workout but it’s all about the cumulative effect.

Earl
    Free Member

@scotrouts. Why in the world don’t you have a board or skis strapped to your back for the decent?

Earl
    Free Member

I played with something a little different yesterday. Compression.

Pressup position. Jump so you feet are as close to being in-between your hands as possible but with as straight legs. Folding yourself in half.

Do the same thing but socks in slippery floor sliding the feet towards your hands.

Squat, turn to one side and do a pressup while still squated. Other side.

Keeps me entertained.

Then a 30min walk with 25kg on my back.

pondo

The thing with it is that’s it’s easy to get out, no prep needed, no equipment, no clear up, and not much thought needed to get started. 

That’s why I’m doing road running – not exercised regularly in three or four years and I’m well overweight, so I’m just trying to keep it real simple and hopefully sustainable, just a 20 minute daily jog at lunch time. Mix of jog and walk to start, can now jog (slowly!) for a mile and three quarters. Little steps, friends, little steps… 🙂

jimmy

The thing with it is that’s it’s easy to get out, no prep needed, no equipment, no clear up, and not much thought needed to get started.

Absolutely. When  cleaning bike and kit at this time of year is wearing very thin, road running serves a purpose.

mogrim

Very easy 60min run today, bank holiday + general laziness meant I really couldn’t be arsed to do more. Felt better for it though 🙂

jimmy

Oh, should have added, just been out for 20 miles on semi-frozen trails.

meesterbond

6 days in and 6 days exercising… that’s probably the same as most of Q4 last year so this is so needed. A couple of runs, a couple of sessions on the rowing machine and a couple on the turbo trainer.
    Unfortunately it’s been so long since I’ve used the turbo properly all my numbers are out so I’ll need to do another ftp test… an hour of pure pain.
    Really motivated to keep this up though.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Short run out with one of my running buddies first thing. Starting to feel like a sliver of fitness is sticking.

scotroutes

6 days in and 6 days exercising… that’s probably the same as most of Q4 last year so this is so needed. A couple of runs, a couple of sessions on the rowing machine and a couple on the turbo trainer.

That’s the spirit!

pondo

Balls – too slippy outside for me, so first run missed. 🙁 Will go for a wander when the missis gets home – maybe I’ll look at some of that there yoga thing?

TiRed

First exploration of high heart rate action yesterday on Zwift. Thirty minute session and up to 179bpm. Will be a long road back to race fit…

Nick

Only just noticed this thread, was planning on another 100 days taking me to April 10th, this time having a break from beer too to help loose a bit more weight.

I’ve managed every day so far with at least 30 mins on Zwift.

Legs are still a bit sore from the STW race on Tuesday night and I’m giving the Bologna TT a go tomorrow in prep for the STW TT next Tuesday so might just go for a walk today.

scotroutes

Did a yoga session tonight again. I’m trying to do at least one per week bith for the strength/flexibility and for the de-stressing. Tried one of Adrienes classes for a change.

mogrim

In the end you guys are going to convince me with this yoga thing – just need daughter#1 to go back to university, as a gymnast she’s very flexible and I can do without her laughing at me not even being able to touch my toes 😀

Yesterday I did just over an hour of BKool, some route in Ecuador apparently. Still not a fan of freezing feet + sweating loads, must be said.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Short weights and abs session today.
    I have an issue with runner’s trots and a new technique I’ve found to calm things down is to do yoga in my head! It really seems to stop my brain interpreting every two foot high privet hedge as palatial “facilities” with quilted loo roll and a heated seat, if I’m mentally walking myself through a sun salutation or something.
    I may do some ACTUAL yoga later on, I used to do it weekly. The instructor was a very down to earth Brummie who had to give it up when they got promoted to be subject head in the day (teaching) job so as you can imagine the woo level was very low.

dannybgoode

30 mins on Nintendo Ring Fit and 15 mins moderately hard spin.

Ring Fit is a surprisingly thorough workout. Can certainly work up a good sweat and a decent heart rate on the higher settings and it’s just another change of scenery so I’m not doing the same thing over and over.

Particularly while the gym is shut I’m trying to mix my activities up best I can 🙂

jimmy

Was about to have a day off, but will do some yoga when dinner’s gone down. And skiing tomorrow!

mogrim

Did a lovely 10K run in the snow this afternoon, hardly anyone about and the soft crunch of fresh snow as a soundtrack. And loads more has now fallen, so might just do it again tomorrow.

reluctantjumper

8 days in and 8 days done. Feeling a teeny bit sore in the legs now so will have to find something other than riding or walking for tomorrow.

That means I’ll be out on the bike.

scotroutes

Fatbike up to Coire Cas late afternoon/early evening. 36km / 600m in variable snow conditions so 3 hours 🙂

dannybgoode

Another Ring Fit session this morning. Want going to but had the motivation first thing so struck whilst the iron was hot.

If you have a Nintendo Switch I highly recommend it. It’s actually a really good core workout program and with the gyms being shut introduces a nice bit of variety.

jimmy

Went for a sunrise ski this morning. Not often I do this kind of thing!

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Short ride today, chilly chilly chilly.

mogrim

Making the most of the biggest snow storm to hit Madrid in 60 years:

Valmayor

Valmayor

Initial plan was to do a bit of turbo in the garage, but it’s not often I get to run in snow straight out the front door!

Dickyboy

Short ride today, chilly chilly chilly.

Yeah, I thought my ankles were getting road salt thrown up on them but turned out the fog was freezing on my leggings 😬

dannybgoode

Snuck a dog walk in today as well so smashed the 30mins completely. Just been looking at hikes I can do from my doorstep and have a 12km one planned for tomorrow so will see how that goes. Trying to explore the very local area to me over the next few weeks.

scotroutes

Walked up to the Cas today. Not as many skiers and boarders as yesterday, probably on account of the wind and subsequent spindrift.

MoreCashThanDash

Missed it yesterday, but got the mountain bike out today for a slow loop round the local country park, which was rammed with walkers!

dannybgoode

Smashed today. 12k hike from the doorstep and barely any roads, which considering I’m in a pretty built up of Sheffield I’m pretty impressed with.

Found a back way to get from the door and up to Greno and round with, despite living here 17 years, I’d not figured out before 🙂

jimmy

6 miles of hill running this morning. Gonna be a bit goosed tonight / tomorrow.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Loving the snow pix.
    6 miles run/walk today TICK which is good as I have now got a deferred entry for an autumn HM come through. Need to lose a few more kgs and get a bit fitter ideally.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 422 total)

The topic ‘90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st’ is closed to new replies.