Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 422 total)
  • 90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st
  • stripeysocks
    Free Member

With many thanks to @monrobiker for starting the original, in memory of his friend Chris
    100 day challenge 2020 exercise every day til christmas/ and for okaying this depths-of-winter variant.

I know I haven’t posted much on the earlier thread but the commitment to do something every day – even if it’s a walk or a yoga session from YT – has made a real difference to my mental equilibrium.
    Thanks Chris – Most of us never knew you, but you are still acting as a role model today and I hope you would be pleased with how you’ve managed to encourage people to really get up and out and *live* their lives.

The rules are as before – to quote @monroebiker (dates changed obvs)

– Exercise every day for a minimum of 1/2 an hour from 1st January until 31st March.
    – The exercise is basically whatever you want – biking, hiking, canoeing, swimming, running, yoga.
    – It’s not serious. Apart from the first year, we have all taken the odd day off if something more interesting/important was happening in our lives.
    – Your usual active commute doesn’t count if it’s fairly short. I’ll let you be the judge of what that is, but if you think it’s too short then adding 30 minutes on top of it is what my pals and I deemed appropriate.

loum
    Free Member

Nice one.
    I’ll give this a go. Aiming to exercise every day through the depths of winter is a great idea.

jimmy

Good one. I’m in.

breninbeener

Im in please…will there be a strava group?

wingnuts

Yeah me and my lardy spare tyres are in. Pootled on the bike for an hour this morning.

rubymurry
    Free Member

Yep I’m in, didn’t do the 100 this year but did it the year before and found it great for fitness and the mental health through the winter months…. will have to just do walking for first couple of weeks broke my thumb coming off the bike on some ice 😡

136stu
    Free Member

I’m in. Tried the chess group but got RSI to my index finger.

scotroutes

Not sure I’m in but I was making a start in any case.

TiRed

I’m in. Need the rehab. Been walking up to a couple of hours sans chien. Will be combining with indoor cycling and some road riding.

p7eaven
    Free Member

IN 👍🏼

dannybgoode

Fits in with the chub club and may aim to be more active this year. Just done 38 mins spinning so that’s today sorted 🙂

gozarch
    Free Member

In as well

sandboy

I know I said in the other thread that I wouldn’t but after mentioning this new challenge to the wife I’m in. She said the additional motivation of a challenge is good for me and I recognise that on the days I need motivating the last challenge was all I needed to get out on even the worst weather days. My intention is to get out pedalling in one form or other for at least an hour each day and try to maintain a high level of recovery with regular stretching and using my foam roller. Started today with a 50 mile road ride in pretty miserable conditions but probably not as cold as Scotroutes up there ^^ with his snow swimming!!

mogrim

Sounds like a plan, if only to gasp in amazement at @scotroutes and his mid-winter swims 😮

That said:

It’s not serious. Apart from the first year, we have all taken the odd day off if something more interesting/important was happening in our lives.

It’s serious. Very serious. No messing-about-serious. Really.

oldtennisshoes

I’m in. Would be good if there was a Strava club or challenge to join.

Twodogs

I’m in

matt_outandabout

Game on.

TheWrongTrousers

Oh go on then ……

twistedpencil

I’m definitely not in after completing the 100day challenge. However, just in case, I’ve been for a road ride today 😀

Mainly because I’ve set myself ten Everests for the year and worked out earlier today thats over 200m climbing a day, and realised that’s a tall order!

pondo

Kind of in – I’m in prolly the worse shape I’ve ever been in, but decided to try and do 20 minutes of something every day. Had a little 20 minute “jog” today, might work up to 30 minutes. 🙂

jodafett

I’m in. Did the 100 this (last!) year and couldn’t believe the change in my attitude to exercise. A wee tip to anybody doing this for the first time, Yoga gets you by when you can’t be bothered doing anything more strenuous. You can even do it drunk 👍🏼👍🏼

Dickyboy

Count me in, I failed 30days into 100 days before Xmas so need a kick up the butt.

kimbers

Bring it!

nealglover
    Free Member

Awesome. I’m in 👍

flowerpower
    Free Member

Yes please 👍

5plusn8
    Free Member

Does a 1 hr walk count?

BoardinBob

In

swavis

I’m in too, stuff kinda got in the way of the 100 day one but it was great motivation so this should help again 👍

hopefiendboy

im in. but ive bruised my left forefoot running or something so will have to be super lightweight exercises for me

sandboy

Does a 1 hr walk count?

Any form of exercise counts as far as I know? I think as long as it’s not a commute to work which you would usually do. The whole challenge is aimed to motivate you to exercise every day when it’s difficult to get exercise due to the weather and darkness with the hope that you enjoy a spring and summer of new found fitness. No hard and fast rules, just a bit of fun and added incentive.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Ok cheers

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I’m new to Strava so I’m happy to set up a group (“club”, yes?) but would appreciate any tips from old hands e.g. I expect it would make sense to have more than one admin… What else?

oldtennisshoes

I’m happy to help admin a strava club if you want a hand. I’ve never done it before though.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

https://www.strava.com/clubs/811216

Hmmm
    The form didn’t seem that hard to fill in, but if I put in this thread’s URL it barfed, and for location I put “everywhere” and it interpreted that as Atlanta, Georgia.
    Luckily I guess none of that matters too much (!)

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Just done 30 mins of weights / abs work. The OH promptly hid upstairs which is funny as the dog (a dreadful coward who will flee upstairs if you pull a cracker) took 0 notice …

reluctantjumper

Tentatively in on this. Need the motivation to get outside most days at the moment, far too easy to just stay indoors and mooch about on the internet! Will most likely fail at some point, hopefully when I get a new job and will have no time left for a bit of exercise. Will just keep on going and see how many of the 90 days I can do with a bonus prize for the most consecutive days in a row.

Just about to go for a walk to get some fresh air so that will be a good way to start.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll give it a go. Ran out of puff in the 100 days to Christmas at day 88 after only missing one day till then, but reached a point where my half an hour walk or YT yoga were just token efforts rather than worthwhile exercise.

On that subject, anyone recommend a (chubby bloke) beginner friendly yoga on YT that isn’t Kassandra? Her voice has started grating, reminds me of a Canadian aerobics instructor at a gym I used to train at 30 years ago 🤣

scotroutes

Tri Abi Carver for some yoga.

jodafett

Tri Abi Carver for some yoga.

Adriene’s quite tolerable as well.

AlasdairMc

I’m in too. I started a ride a day on 1st December and it’s done a lot for my fitness already.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 422 total)

The topic ‘90 day exercise-every-day challenge to take us up to April 1st’ is closed to new replies.