Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 871 total)
  • 6 Nations
  • toys19
    Free Member

It's a shame for Wales that the most annoyingly patriotic country in the world cant produce coppers who are patriotic enough to turn a blind eye. I for one like a bit of elitism and would have let him off for who he is and what he would mean to a welsh supporter. I think the bloke who nicked him might find that the brass in the welsh force might find a way to punish him. I wonder if the cop was english..

TimP
    Free Member

I don't see too many Welsh on here complaining that he has been dropped??
    And why English, why not Scottish after the day they had?

RACIST!!

Or, God forbid, he might have no idea who Mr Powell is as he is not a global superstar, but plays a minority sport (and has only 14 caps for his country)

toys19
    Free Member

I'm English that's why, but I see your point, maybe he was Scottish. And yes he isn't Shane Williams, I was just using this as a backhanded way to further my xenophobic attitude to the welsh..

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

I would have thought stealing a golf cart and driving around in it would be treated as "high jinx"

It probably would be considering he was an egg chaser. It's usually only footballers that are vilified as chav scum for theft, drunkeness and endagering lives.

Tally ho, old bean.

duckman

I thought that Welsh police would have just towed Powell back to the hotel,after a round of autographs,such is the status of Internationals in Wales! A golf buggy in Febuary for 5 miles, must have been freezing.The real reason he has been dropped is because he has flu!

toys19
    Free Member

duckman – Member

I thought that Welsh police would have just towed Powell back to the hotel,after a round of autographs,such is the status of Internationals in Wales!

This was my point, better put by the duckman..

IdleJon

CFH, sorry for the late reply, but yes you can buy Whites shirts from the clubhouse at St Helens, but strangely I can't see them (or anything else) for sale on the website.

(Couple of boys in work this evening wearing them, and we also have one of the Whites wingers working further down the office – I'm sure he's got a few spares!!)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'm sure he's got a few spares!!)

I'll take two, please…. XXL (I likes 'em baggy for casual wear!) – One 15 (the gift) and one 6 (for me…)

😉

Thanks, Ian. Haven't rung St Helens yet, but am going to get round to it soon!

IdleJon

CaptainFlashheart – Member

I'm sure he's got a few spares!!)

I'll take two, please…. XXL (I likes 'em baggy for casual wear!) – One 15 (the gift) and one 6 (for me…)

LOL, XXL? He's a quick winger not a fat biffa!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was meaning he could half-inch a couple! 😉

anagallis_arvensis

I told you that injury looked bad, I was suprised when he carried on. Bollocks

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8518999.stm

Pigface
    Free Member

Bugger and he put a big hit in with it dangling by his side, will really miss him.

anagallis_arvensis

Bugger and he put a big hit in with it dangling by his side, will really miss him.

Didnt use his arms, went in wioth the head, he should be cited and banned

Pigface
    Free Member

😀 yes he should shocking behavior.

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    anagallis_arvensis

WRU statement
    19 February 2010, 4:00 pm
    By WRU

The Welsh Rugby Union has offered its sympathy to national squad member, Bradley Davies, over the sad and sudden loss of his mother who passed away overnight.
    Wales coach Warren Gatland has spoken to the player and offered him the sympathy and support of the entire squad and management.

He has told the player to focus entirely on personal issues and his absence from any training or planning sessions will not count against his consideration for any of the forthcoming international fixtures.

Warren Gatland said: "Our thoughts and sympathies are with Bradley and his family and friends at this difficult time for them all.

"I have told Bradley that we fully understand that his focus is on this sad loss and his absence from any of our sessions will not count against his continued inclusion in the RBS 6 Nations squad.

"I will announce the team to play France on Monday and I have informed Bradley that he will be selected in the starting XV.

"His initial view is that his mother would be extremely proud of that and he wants to play any part he is selected for.

"Of course I will fully understand if he and his family come to any other decision and it is important now they spend time together to come to terms with their loss.

"We are extremely close as a squad and Bradley knows if he wants to be with the boys we'll welcome him and equally, we will understand if he needs to be away from the training park right now."

His mother Sheryl died suddenly after a short illness.

IdleJon

Flanker Fulgence Ouedraogo, who started in the wins over Scotland and Ireland, has been ruled out with a calf injury.

He has been replaced in the squad by Alexandre Lapandry, who has just one cap, though Julien Bonnaire may also come into contention for a start.

Experienced prop Sylvain Marconnet has also been ruled out and been replaced by the uncapped Clement Baiocco.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8515032.stm

There is hope!

bruk

Can't believe Ireland are appealing Flannery's ban! 6 weeks is the very least he deserves. Sometimes I wish the game wasn't so 'professional'

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They're appealing? WTF? There can be no grounds for that at all!

Just watch it again.

anagallis_arvensis

I am worried about tonight

backhander
    Free Member

I'm worried about tomorrow AND 20th March!

IdleJon

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    They're appealing? WTF? There can be no grounds for that at all!

He's got previous hasn't he – 2008 banned for stamping on somebody's head. Appealed and got the ban halved just in time for the 6N.

I was just about to mention the countdown to tonight's game, but just realised that the U20s game is starting shortly and also a Super14 game.

Right, time to go and get Mickey Mouse's Clubhouse off the TV.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He's got previous hasn't he – 2008 banned for stamping on somebody's head. Appealed and got the ban halved just in time for the 6N.

Aye, he's got previous. IMO, any appeal that is unsuccessful should double the ban!

Now then, where's my glass…..*pfffff…glugglugglugglug***

Felinfoel to start of with!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Could the mighty STW make England win tomorrow so the Irish colleagues suffer a bit more, please?

Pigface
    Free Member

Six Nations on a Friday just plain wrong, U20's just brilliant tonig :Dht

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

France are just going to be too good for us tonight. Apart from the singing! 😆

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh dear!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fcuksocks.

anagallis_arvensis

can anyone not welsh or french confirm whether thats one of the shittest games ever. France have done nothing of any note, good scrum and good defence and wales have huffed and puffed and done **** all. How France have got 20 points is beyond me.

allthepies
    Free Member

>How France have got 20 points is beyond me.

Welsh errors, simple.

anagallis_arvensis

Well thats kind of stating the bleedin obvious thanks. What I mean is that its a sad indictment of the modern game that a team that has attempted to do nothing is 20 points up

matt_bl
    Free Member

Sorry, not a shit game.

The French are so solid it's unreal, they're starting to look like the real thing.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

The last few minutes should be good…another 17 points please Wales!

psychle
    Free Member

C'MON WALES!!

psychle
    Free Member

Bugger… was getting exciting for a bit there, but a couple of bloody silly errors from the Welsh, plus a bombed try, not really good enough to finish the French off 🙁

psychle
    Free Member

what a run!!! have I called it too soon?

brakes
    Free Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    ha

allthepies
    Free Member

Wooden Spoon contenders ?

😉

anagallis_arvensis

france were crap, wales were crappier by far

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Franc e good except for ten mins. control and discipline – not two words normally associated with teh French but two things a real top side needs..

They look the best team by far and smothered Wales today. Solid forwards, blitz defence error free at the back. didn't need to get out of second gear.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 871 total)

The topic ‘6 Nations’ is closed to new replies.