Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 871 total)
  • 6 Nations
  • anagallis_arvensis

For brainless see Andy Powell.

He's not known as Mongo for nothing.
    Mongo run mongo smash, mongo like smash. Gatland like Mongo, Mongo like Gatland

backhander
    Free Member

Jenkins and Jones 28 and 29. Sheridan and Thompson 30 and 31, vicks 33 (he is old). Hardly half the age eh? Vicks and Thompson are world champions. Vicks, Thompson, White and Sheridan are vastly experienced lions.
    James has played 8 games in 2 years. Hook is 24 (well under?)

TimP
    Free Member

Jones (28) and Jenkins (29) both coming back from injury too so hardly in their prime

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sheidan – vastly experience lion? Balderdash. How many caps has he got? How many yellow cards has he given away? Is he the the most overrated player on the planet?

anagallis_arvensis

Vickery is vastly experienced in having his head shoved up his arse in south africa this summer

anagallis_arvensis

James has played 8 games in 2 years

and how many 22 year old england wings are there with 8 caps especially ones who only started playing rugby seriously in 2005/6 after being an athlete?

TimP
    Free Member

Matt Tait had more than that at 22 years old, having already played in a RWC final by then…

kevonakona
    Free Member

Scotlans have got a couple of 10s hidden away. Young Blair (David, not Alex) and i predict a couple more coming through. Look out for Alex Gillies in a couple of years time. Problem with D. Blair is he is still small, talented but small, and he would need lots of protection.

anagallis_arvensis

yeah Matt Tait is a great example of how to introduce young players to international rugby. I'd been trying to avoid mentioning Hensons handbag.

TimP
    Free Member

Ah, Henson – what a shining example of professionalism…

and yes he was too young then, but it took several years to get back in the squad after that, which he has now done and he has 31 caps so far and is 24

anagallis_arvensis

Ah, Henson – what a shining example of professionalism…

What has he done wrong now?

TimP
    Free Member

Since he walked out on rugby he has been living on beer and pizza and is now a claimed weight of 11 1/2 st down 3st from his playing weight

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

kevonakona

aye there are a few youngsters but not ready yet.

We seem to have a choice of:-

Desparate Dan – having a great season for Glasgow and playing well but never quite looked the part as an international.
    Patterson – not experienced enough at 10
    Godman – Mr Inconsistant.

Its the real weak spot. I might be tempted to go with Parks and do what Glasgow do – put him to fullback in defense

anagallis_arvensis

well seeing as how he's not playing rugby anymore and is not being paid he can do what the **** he likes….. beer, fags and pizza diet…. he will make a fortune.

Now I dont mind piss taking and banter but really an england fan accusing wales of not picking youngster please and then in the light of the england player banned for failling a test due to coke with an entire team refusing to take tests, I am expected to take comments on professionalism. Just stick to the players being shit and things like that.

TimP
    Free Member

TJ who is the consistent kicker you were on about earlier?

anagallis_arvensis

Christ the rugby expert, I expect the consistent kicker is Patterson who has a 90% success rate over the last few saesons and statistically has missed fewer kicks than anyone (although he doesnt do long range so I'll still have Dan Carter please)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good to see New Zealand League players in white, isn't it?

😉

anagallis_arvensis

Good to see New Zealand League players in white, isn't it?

again and again

IdleJon

kevonakona – Member
    Scotlans have got a couple of 10s hidden away. Young Blair (David, not Alex) and i predict a couple more coming through. Look out for Alex Gillies in a couple of years time. Problem with D. Blair is he is still small, talented but small, and he would need lots of protection.

And the guy who played 10 against Cardiff on Saturday looked pretty handy – although I was being put to sleep by an awful, turgid match so may have dreamt it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Patterson as aa says. Far and away the most consistant kicker in teh worl the last couple of years

Its only partly true about him not having the range. There are several kickers in the Scotland team – some of whom have a bigger range so they take the longest kicks but Patterson goes up to 45 m usually.

Dunno if he will get a place tho

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TJ, for range, just look at 1/2p.

How he gets such power out of his little frame is beyond me!

anagallis_arvensis

that big lump Lamont is playing pretty well at 13 for LLAnlli at the moment too and so to is Nicki Walker for the Ospreys

TimP
    Free Member

But Patterson inst the best at any position and struggling to get a game – it was an innocent question! He has good kicking stats agreed but he is not 1st choice at the moment anywhere

IdleJon

TimP – Member
    Since he walked out on rugby he has been living on beer and pizza and is now a claimed weight of 11 1/2 st down 3st from his playing weight

Which is a load of crap as anybody who has seen him around town would know…..

anagallis_arvensis

joking aside about Gavin he was always a player who seemed to keep himself in very good shape. I wonder about him though and all the bulk he put on when he lost his ability to kick through injury, the only way you could loose weight that fast is if it was put on in a shady manner.

Pigface
    Free Member

Must not get involved, must not get involved.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Agreed CFH – I think he might be the longest I have seen – outrageous.

anagallis_arvensis

pigface, go on its all harmless pub talk.

now this was a kick, none of those light balls and kicking tees either, bosh!!!!!

SMACK

TimP
    Free Member

Guardian article

this suggests it is pretty easy to put on 3st in muscle, but it does seem an awful lot. Such is the way today though, although Paterson is supposed to be about 11 1/2st

and I would take issue with the comment of professionalism, as Lipman was also playing for England so I would count out 2 Eng players in that farce. I would be dispointed if he ever puts on the Eng shirt again.

I would also agree with the Rolling Maul email saying that the 2 previous Kiwi RL players have hardly added to the game. If I saw Wales picking a similar I would not complain, but line them up all afternoon. Sadly MJ will pick who he picks and as an Eng fan I will choose to support his decision (or not) once the result is in 😉

anagallis_arvensis

so what teams would people like to see their teams play, for wales I would like; Byrne, 1/2p, Roberts, Hook, Williams,S Jones, Peel, R Jones, Williams, Thomas, Ian Evans, AW Jones, A Jones, Rees, Jenkins. I expect Cement head and Smiler to pick Roberts and Shanklin (or Davis if shanks is out) in the centres thus giving us no attacking threat, Cooper at 9, Powell at 6 (he's a useful 8 but shite 6) and Charteris at 4.

Pigface
    Free Member

Got to get past Ospreys v leicester before i start thinking about 6 nations. Duw duw mun I can't multitask 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

its clemont this w/e isnt it? Could be a good game or will the Ospreys implode as usual. I tell you even if they manage a loosing BP this w/e the leicester game will be an absolute cracker. Shame Gavins not around to beat up their roughfty tuffty props. Tuquri certainly looks like a good buy for them.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Scotland

Murray
    Ford
    Dickinson

Hines
    Kellock

Barclay
    Strokosch
    Beattie

Cussiter
    Godman

Grove.
    Evans
    Evans
    Lamont

Patterson

Not really sure. There are a few positions were is pretty much a toss up but I am going for pace and flair

Tight five should hold their own in the set piece and be very mobile around the park/;. Fastest front row on the planet?

Back Row – a lot of debate about who is best / what is the best combo.

I can't find a place for White except on the bench to cover all the back 5 positions. I'd like to find a place for him.

Stand off – I dunno – is Godman the best of a bad bunch?

3/4s – picked on pace and flair – lets score some tries FFS!

Unfortunately I think Robinson will go for a more power based game so we will lose some of the speed and flair

anagallis_arvensis

like you say thats a strong pack. White is broken isnt he?

backhander
    Free Member

Vickery is vastly experienced in having his head shoved up his arse in south africa this summer

Except in the 3rd test (the only one we won) he didn't. Quite the reverse in fact.

avoid mentioning Hensons handbag

A young inexperienced player got tackled by an older more experienced player. Hardly news was it.

anagallis_arvensis

A young inexperienced player got tackled by an older more experienced player. Hardly news was it.

Yes, it was huge news actually.

Except in the 3rd test (the only one we won) he didn't. Quite the reverse in fact.

You mean the one after the series was lost and SA made numerous changes to the team

IdleJon

backhander – Member

I think you can safely blame the ref for Vickery's lack of scrummaging ability in the first test. How a player can be penalised for standing up when his feet have been lifted off the ground is beyond me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Got to get past Ospreys v leicester before i start thinking about 6 nations. Duw duw mun I can't multitask

I'm in a quandary there, Pigface….! Half English (Leicestershire, I still have a life membership at Welford and Grace!) and Half Welsh (Swansea).

As Max would say, Duw it's hard…!

However, the Welsh side of the family was the real rugby playing side, so I count myself a Welshman for internationals. So, I suppose I'll be supporting the Os for that one!

I think you can safely blame the ref for Vickery's lack of scrummaging ability in the first test.

Agreed. The whole front row needs to be addressed in refereeing. Too many teams are getting penalised for being too strong, which can't be right! That said, did you see how good Leics were against Pests the other day? Proof that when refereed properly, the front row still wins games!

IdleJon

The commentators are starting to make a fuss about the ball being put in straight. Obviously with the massively crooked feeds the front row don;t need to strike and can push instead. If refs made sure the ball was straight then the scrum would be a proper contest again. I wonder whether it will be reffed in the 6N?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How about progressive binding? The two front rows bind, then the locks join, then the back rows join then the feed and the push. No pushing till the ball goes in the middle

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 871 total)

The topic ‘6 Nations’ is closed to new replies.