• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,761 through 3,800 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • Kryton57

Man of the match so far – Nigel Owens.

Seriously good match though, as it should be of course.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How forward does forward have to be these days 😉

Both 9s under par. Intense but scrappy so far.

Sam

Absolute bullshít – that was at least 2m forward….

Kryton57

Nice!

Pigface
    Free Member

They are just so good

Earl
    Free Member

I’m gonna poo diamonds tonight!

bruk

Great game. Normally I’d be neutral but as a Scotsman who is still repairing the holes in the wall that I created after losing to the Ozzies I am actually rooting for NZ today. Fantastic try and the drive from their own 22 with off loads was great to watch.

jambalaya
    Free Member

New Zealand flat again I see and accidental offside before the try ? They’ve certainly had the rub of the green with Nigel and Barnes. Carter smart with buying that penalty too, stay down for some treatment eh ? Did you see Giteau couldn’t stand up, twice he tried 😯

Australia need to find a way to play the game in the NZ half and get their line out sorted otherwise it’s going to be a long next 40 mins.

sputnik
    Free Member

Worst man on the field today, Owens.

martinhutch

Game. On.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What a second half. I thought it was goodnight Vienna after Nonu’s try.

peteimpreza

Best World Cup ever.

Finished off by the best World Cup final ever.

Amazing stuff , thanks to all the players .

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well done NZ, best team in the world and sentimentally glad to see several greats go out on a high

Tom-B
    Free Member

^agreed!

Team of greats, best team ever imo, and a deserved win…..

Just a shame that it was ruined by swung low 🙄 seriously aa its embarrassing how much you hate the English!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Great victory, great team, great game, great world cup 😀

You have to differentiate between the English and english rugby 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes. Best team won it, all credit to Australia who gave it a real go and had NZ rocking back. I’m happy Carter got to actually play in a final and come away with the win having a very strong game (aside from that missed tackle for the last Aussie try 😉 ), he deserves it and for McCaw too.

gordimhor

Australia were very good today just ran into a team that were utterly relentless in defence and ruthless in attack.

DanW
    Free Member

The better team won tonight despite some dodgy decisions. Great game that wasn’t played like a final if that makes sense- not cagey after the first quarter and pretty open considering there was so much on the line!

Nonu was MOM for me as he was absolutely immense and put NZ in the winning position although Carter was of course excellent and ensured the win towards the end.

Dragons constantly being so crap. There are only 4 teams in Wales and it doesn’t do anyone any good for one to be always at the bottom of the table.

I don’t know… the Blues are giving them a run for their money

corroded
    Free Member

So many greats on that pitch. It’s been emotional.

bigblackshed

A great final. Definatly the best two teams in the world.

bruk

Great game to watch and right result. Ozzies did push them hard and they dug deeper. Carter was great in his control. Congratulations to all those Kiwis celebrating tonight and also to all rugby fans as that is what rugby should be about.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Hysterical interview with New Zealandsrs in Toulouse on post match French TV, I shouldn’t throw stones as my French is shocking but his terrible accent (he may also have been drinking already) at least means I can understand him 😀

Tournament highlights featured some very long faces in England shirts 😥

The better team won tonight despite some dodgy decisions. Great game that wasn’t played like a final if that makes sense- not cagey after the first quarter and pretty open considering there was so much on the line!

Nonu was MOM for me as he was absolutely immense and put NZ in the winning position although Carter was of course excellent and ensured the win t

@DanW
    +1 I think the fact MZ opened a gap opened up the game and the yellow card made a difference. Nonu has superb speed, balance and movement for a big man I think his try was the real game breaker

IdleJon

Australia were very good today just ran into a team that were utterly relentless in defence and ruthless in attack.

I’m not convinced. Terrible line-out, dodgy scrum and some poor ‘exit strategies’. How many Australians really played well? Beale, obviously. A small number of others.

But they did their normal thing of just taking their scoring opportunities and look better than they were. There’ll be better things to come from them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Idle – Aussie lineout was indeed a shocker. I think you’re being a bit harsh on them as a team in terms of performances

anagallis_arvensis

I thought Aus looked a bit tired and no **** wonder. I would have liked to see them win it but then Carter and Mcaw deserved it too.

aa its embarrassing how much you hate the English!!!

No just dislike braying idiots. Didnt we do this at great length about 100 pages ago? The whole hate thing? Shouldnt all you kids be out trick or treating?

anagallis_arvensis

Best offload in the world cup?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Despite some questionable decisions (We all saw the forward passes, knock ons and offsides, but did anyone else notice the trip just before the last try?) the right team won on the day. They were just better all round.

A shame the tournament has to end, really. But, on the bright side, at least we don’t have to hear that Paloma Faith warblebutchery any more! 😀

IdleJon

I think you’re being a bit harsh on them as a team in terms of performances

I don’t think so. Wasn’t it 70:30 possession after 30 minutes? And how long did it take Australia to even get into the NZ 22? A good indicator of their performance is that they scored one single penalty in the first half and didn’t even vaguely look like scoring anything else, and at one point, about 45 minutes in, it seemed as if NZ might make a record score.

In reality Australia played well for about 30 minutes. I’d have been reasonably proud if that was a Welsh performance v NZ but it wasn’t a ‘very good’ Australian performance.

anagallis_arvensis

Still have no idea what that orangutan was all about. Be good notvto have to watch those tragic ads with the comedian fella too…

DanW
    Free Member

Energy company was a sponsor and they are trying to subconsciously let you know they care about the rain forests bru… or is it cuzzie-bro? I always get confused

torsoinalake
    Free Member

comedian

Yeah, right.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ads. On French TV I get to see JW 😀

Team Spirit – Soc Gen’s RWC ads

jambalaya
    Free Member

Best offload in the world cup

@aa
    well spotted and yes agreed with his pass to Nonu a close second 🙂

[video]http://youtu.be/o1efwKglwZU[/video]

ctk
    Free Member

Awesome by SBW!

holst
    Free Member

I don’t know much about rugby, but it seems to me that the further away from England you live, the better you are at rugby. England seems to function like a black hole with border as an event horizon where space and time are distorted so otherwise basic things like running and passing are no longer possible. The antipodes must have a stock of dark matter that functions as some sort of anti-gravity field that makes otherwise normal humans take on the abilities of superheroes. Challenge for England is, can that dark matter be synthesized while preventing contamination from the less desirable elements found down in the southern wilderness?

anagallis_arvensis

So team of the tournament?

15 Ben Smith
    14 Savea
    13 Kriel
    12 Nonu
    11 Milner Skudder
    10 Carter
    9 ?
    8 Vermulan
    7 Pocock
    6 Fardy
    5 Etzebeth
    4 ?
    3 Herara
    2 Du Plesies
    1 ?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d have had all 3 of the Aussie back row in there. For me, Smith was the stand out 9, I’d go with Retallick at 4 and the Aussie dude, can’t remember his name at 1.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ooh and just seen you’ve got Ben Smith in there at 15…..wasn’t too impressed with him, but then no 15 really shone throughout the tournament tbh.

Scamper
    Free Member

How can you not have Rotallick first on that list?

IdleJon

Lots of second rows have played well.

I wonder if SBW will regret giving his winners medal away when he calms down and thinks about it?

Viewing 40 posts - 3,761 through 3,800 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.