• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,601 through 3,640 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Miles forwards

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l23BW_hjQEs[/video]

Went forwards out of his hands too…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Having spent this evening hearing a NZ friend describing, in all seriousness, how SA “threw” the game against Japan and took a big pay packet for doing so, my limited sympathy for New Zealand rugby is stretched to breaking point.

The pass was forward, no TMO.
    That McCheat “elbow”? I really don’t know, it’s very close to either way. If it was any other team, I’d have some leeway. It isn’t.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgqpVdu3KK0[/video]

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks like there could be trouble ahead?

Mccaw to be cited?

And no, it’s not because I’m a Saffa..

bigblackshed

That McCaw elbow looks deliberate as hell. Very cheap shot.

dantsw13

Fwd pass – yes. Deliberate elbow – not so sure.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Doesn’t look deliberate to me.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Elbow look deliberate to me. What’s he doing taking that route round the ruck if not to smakc someone in the face?

duckman

Heading towards the player ripping the ball,follows the ball as it’s gone when he gets there surely?

wrecker
    Free Member

Didn’t look like a big deal to me, but mccaw is due a karma bill for the trip (Georgia?)
    Not that it matters to the ABs too much, sam cane is already a better player IMHO.

anagallis_arvensis

Elbow look deliberate to me. What’s he doing taking that route round the ruck if not to smakc someone in the face?

The ball is coming out. Mcaw goes after it but its gone before he gets there. His elbow doesnt move out. Nothing to see move on, put the sour grapes away.

duckman

Why do the English rugby press and public hate the AB’s so much more than you do the Aussies? The link above,which was w-lungs second posting of supposed cheating Kiwis,is a Brian Moore retweet. We also had the bollocks on here earlier about them targeting Courtney Lawes.Just curious why the red rose is so green in respect to the Kiwis when the tradition SH rivalry is with the Aussies. Or is it just jealousy? If it is,take heart stout English heart,for you have the Archbishop of Banterbury!

wrecker
    Free Member

None from me, I hope they win it.

IdleJon

That’s the most pathetic attempt to claim foul play that I’ve ever seen. No wonder I didn’t see it during the match.

DanW
    Free Member

Or is it the most subtle bit of McCheating to date 😉 🙂

Whatever happened Louw is a tough dude to have 20 stitches (from 2 different incidents iirc) over the course of the game and carry on as though you’d never know it

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s the most pathetic attempt to claim foul play that I’ve ever seen.

This. He runs in to get the ball which is out, the ball then goes before he gets there so he carries on running round. It looks like he actually tucks his right elbow into his body to go round him cleanly, and that contact is just one of those things. I’m not the greatest fan of McCaw but that was not foul play.

IdleJon

Just catching up on the Ospreys v Connacht game from yesterday. 17 minutes into the game a Connacht player slaps the ball out of the Ospreys 9’s hands and it bounces into an Ospreys player who is on the ground from the preceding ruck. He grabs it. The ref has awarded a scrum to Connacht (incorrectly, because there was no knock-on, the ball was basically stripped), now changes it to a penalty to Connacht for offside. Very similar to the Scottish controversy, and as I said, something that happens every single weekend. (The city of Swansea start writing indignant letters to the press claiming that their team ‘woz robbed’, the ref was paid, blah blah)

Btw the Ospreys’ defence is appalling.

IdleJon

Dan Carter cited this morning for ‘smirking in a sarcastic way’ at Victor Matfield.

😉

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

IdleJon

My wife suggested that the SA 5 needed a telling off for falling over, but McCaw was only guilty of being too handsome, with broad shoulders like that, and a manly trot. She’s got the hots for him.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Even though he’s had the same bog brush haircut since he was five?

DenDennis
    Free Member

No one else spotted that the pass for second abs try was also very much forward? Why no tmo request for surety by the ref anyway?? I was saying at the time that Carter had better take the conversion quick….

DanW
    Free Member

How many more times… “New Zealand flat” 😆

IdleJon

thegreatape – Member

Even though he’s had the same bog brush haircut since he was five?

Hey, it’s not me saying it! (I look more like Dan Carter apparently. 😆 )

IdleJon

Something occurred to me as I was watching the Pro12 games (Scarlets and Ulster) on Friday. Both TV schedules allowed two hours, and the games started 5 minutes or so into the programme. Both games over-ran the schedules. Basically the games are taking so long now – almost two hours in most cases and I’ve seen one game this season which reached about 2hrs 5mins – that TV schedules probably need to add 5 or 10 minutes to their schedule.

Now, I’m getting a little bored with the constant stop-start nature of rugby at the moment. The actual game takes 80 minutes, plus 10 half time. That means that almost a full 30 minutes is stoppage time, time where the viewer is watching replays while a player is injured, or a TMO makes a decision. This is boring. While I understand that player safety is a priority, the game shouldn’t be stopping for players with cramp, or lost contact lenses, or whatever.

Anyway, rambling over, it occurred to me that the drive behind speeding up the game may actually come from TV who won’t want to constantly add a few minutes over-run coverage to the game, or push their schedules back by another 15 minutes to accommodate rugby.

DanW
    Free Member

It’s a good point.

We’d all like to see free flowing games but on the other hand I am not a fan of the anything goes breakdowns this RWC or dominant scrums not receiving penalties if the ball is at the back- it takes away from some of the pretty unique aspects of the game.

For me, the clock seems to stop more nowadays than it used to. As above, no-one really wants to watch constant penalties and scrums but at the same time they don’t need to be adding to the overall time if the clock isn’t stopped so frequently. The lack of the hit in the scrum at least seems to have cut down the number of resets so that is a positive. It would also be interesting to see the 60 second for a conversion or kick at goal rule enforced as some seem to take forever!

BruceWee

Very similar to the Scottish controversy, and as I said, something that happens every single weekend. (The city of Swansea start writing indignant letters to the press claiming that their team ‘woz robbed’, the ref was paid, blah blah)

Very similar yes. Except for the fact it’s a single Pro12 game and the Scotland Australia game comes around once every four years.

Indecently, the penalty try and Yellow card in the Leinster Glasgow game was not a penalty try and yellow and the other yellow was also not a yellow.

Guess what, I’m not as upset about that as I was about the Scotland Australia game because it’s a **** Pro12 game.

Maybe you should get a grip and let us be a bit annoyed for a while. If it had happened to England we would be hearing about how it cost them the World Cup. Probably until the end of time.

thegreatape
    Free Member

(I look more like Dan Carter apparently)

Aye course you do 😀

bigblackshed

Nigel Owens handed the whistle for the final.

anagallis_arvensis

Something occurred to me as I was watching the Pro12 games (Scarlets and Ulster) on Friday. Both TV schedules allowed two hours, and the games started 5 minutes or so into the programme. Both games over-ran the schedules.

I know my recording stopped just as McShingler started his run up to the final kick!

Tom-B
    Free Member

ITV analysis has just pretty clearly shown that McCaw’s elbow didn’t touch Louw’s head at all. His knee caught his shoulder……Louw got an elbow in a lineout (looked accidental) that was to blame for his head wound.

IdleJon

thegreatape – Member
    (I look more like Dan Carter apparently)
    Aye course you do

That’s what she said. ‘Except fatter.’

Funny, I’ve never noticed Carter being fat. 😆

IdleJon

Maybe you should get a grip and let us be a bit annoyed for a while.

I should get a grip? 😆

BruceWee

😀

Tom-B
    Free Member

loose start 😯

aracer
    Free Member

I have a feeling this might not be like the other semi, or Australia’s last match…

aracer
    Free Member

dang – I nearly posted yesterday that it didn’t look to me like his elbow made contact, but thought I must be missing something

Caher

Where’d the Argentina that played Ireland go?

anagallis_arvensis

Hell of a start from Aus

anagallis_arvensis

Pocock looking good after being rested v scotland

alpin
    Free Member

I have a feeling this might not be like the other semi, or Australia’s last match…

Technically will it be Argentina’s last match in this world cup either….

Viewing 40 posts - 3,601 through 3,640 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.