• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • DanW
    Free Member

*Or, for balance, based on the last men standing

IdleJon

True. 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Let’s face it, based on the semi-final line ups, none of the 6N means anything.

wrecker
    Free Member

And come february, someone will be peddling the old “the 6N is the envy of the world” crap again!!!!

loum
    Free Member

None of it matters – you only pick the team 3 weeks before the event based on the brown envelopes that are changing hands.

Is this some cryptic reference to NotToby’s move to Bath ?

hooli

Seems there is a play off for 5th place in the world cup…

….It is called the 6 nations

IdleJon

No, I was thinking of Burgess, but tell us more.

wrecker
    Free Member

It get shitcanned last year because of Gatlands law; he wouldn’t have been able to select him, 1/2 and JD2 (in hindsight, he may as well have gone!)
    I’ve seen talk of B*** signing Vermulen, Picamoles and other in recent times. Who knows?

DanW
    Free Member

Faletau deserves a decent club and he barely played for the Dragons so they aren’t losing out a great deal. If he feels he needs a change then I hope Gatland grants it…. it may have a knock on effect with his international game but boy has he earned the right to a few pennies and a change of scenery over the past few years

anagallis_arvensis

Faletau is a world class player. He should be giving a central samesque contract at blues or scablets or spreys. He’ll get worked to death if he goes to England or France

DanW
    Free Member

That is the downside but maybe he wants to experience something fresh while he’s still young. Not the best for Wales but he’s more than earned the right to do something for himself for a few years IMO. Seems he declined a central contract when offered so I guess there is a wish for something a bit different

wrecker
    Free Member

ANOTHER AP salary cap investigation whitewash.

“There are no breaches”

“Premiership Rugby and the clubs have now resolved the issues identified and have entered into appropriate confidential settlements.”

👿

Pigface
    Free Member

Agree Wrecker utter rubbish,

IdleJon

IdleJon – Member
    No, I was thinking of Burgess, but tell us more.

Sorry loum, just realised that we may have been on about the same thing? I rarely recognise references like NotToby. 😳

duckman

What difference doers it make? Even if you continue with the dodging of salary cap that every Prem club that can has been doing since the year dot…You will still reach tipping point,a la Wasps nearly going bust three years ago. And if they do get shot of it all together and you get the same type of moneybags owners that France does,well;how has that worked out for their national team?

Actually,as a proud Scot with our long belief in fair trade…Smash the salary cap!

wrecker
    Free Member

And if they do get shot of it all together and you get the same type of moneybags owners that France does,well;how has that worked out for their national team?

And the English soccer team.
    This instance, it was only Bath and Sarries found to have (not) breached the cap and given a (not) fine. I suggest that many more could had they the same lack of regard for fairness as those two clubs.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@duckman France got as far in the tournament as anyone else from the 6N, their under performance at the tournament was due to factors like the style of play, having a terrible lineout against Ireland and NZ etc.

@aa agreed on Faletau, quality player deserves to play for a decent club and get paid for it. If the Welsh can’t deliver that for him then he should play abroad.

The salary cap was introduced as the English clubs where heading for financial disaster. If the French can manage under a different system that’s their business.

DanW
    Free Member

The referee in Llanelli tonight clearly isn’t a Scarlet’s fan 😀

DanW
    Free Member

Classic bit of commentary by Jonathan Davies too: “All the Scarlets have to do with the ball… is er…. catch it” 😀

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Anyone watching Ulster Cardiff. Turnbull very lucky to escape with a yellow. Booted Marshall on the head ‘stepping’ over a ruck

DanW
    Free Member

Shingler not looking well at all- hope he’s ok

DanW
    Free Member

Scarlets top with the last kick of the game by cm’s!

anagallis_arvensis

Thatcref in the scablets v munster game was awful. The pro 12 really does have some joke officials.

BruceWee

Hope you guys are enjoying DTH. His lack of presence is being felt at Glasgow.

Still, at least now we have Taqele Naiyaravoro. Hopefully he’ll start lasting entire games without getting yellows soon. Plus the fact that he’ll be eligible for Scotland in three years. Only he won’t because they let him on the field for thirty seconds in one of the Australia warm up games so now he’s an Australian.

Awesome management by the SRU as usual.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Today is going to be tricky, can’t watch live so hoping to avoid news to make the replay enjoyable. Part of me thinks it could be a classic part a straightforward NZ win.

DanW
    Free Member

The pro 12 really does have some joke officials.

I quite like Peter Fitzgibbon (the bald Irish ref) but some of the others…. 😳

Hope you guys are enjoying DTH.

He has been pretty awesome so far, sorry!

Part of me thinks it could be a classic part a straightforward NZ win.

I have the opposite feeling that the RSA are the type of team to “upset” NZ in a RWC. If RSA can keep things tight like normal then they’ll have every chance.

anagallis_arvensis

Have to say the lack of home nation teams means I have lost interest. Whens thecsix nations start?

DanW
    Free Member

If Wales continue to have so many injuries then 04/02/17

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Have to say the lack of home nation teams means I have lost interest. Whens thecsix nations start?

Dunno, but the Pro12 is looking interesting. Edinburgh have started well enough for a change.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I really hope we do it.
    But I’ve a feeling NZ will beat us.
    #GoBokke

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Was McCaw’s pass forward there?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was McCaw’s pass forward there?

Don’t be silly……

anagallis_arvensis

the Pro12 is looking interesting

Words that should never be uttered!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I thought it was, surprised he didn’t have a look at it.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Words that should never be uttered!

Rugby doesn’t need to be of the highest quality to be interesting. Some of the best games I’ve had the pleasure to watch have been 2nd and 3rd team games.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No surprise at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nz giving away penalties like France giving away tries.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Love the retro all black All Black boots

Bokies chasing the high ball well but prefer the AB straighter running

Penalty count is becoming crazy!!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Penalty count is becoming crazy!!!!

And very one sided. How many before a word from the ref?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

There you go C’pn

Viewing 40 posts - 3,521 through 3,560 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.