• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • anagallis_arvensis

Anscombe still injured for a few more weeks so expecting to see Hook called up to replace 1/2p

Pigface
    Free Member

At Gloucester on Saturday it was a full dress rehearsal for World Cup games, road outside closed and security before you went in, checking bags and a pat down body search. Was allowed to take water in but had to take the top off as it could be used as a weapon? Anyone enlighten me how

Tom-B
    Free Member

Was allowed to take water in but had to take the top off as it could be used as a weapon? Anyone enlighten me how

Seriously? I have to say, I’ve very little desire to go to any of the world cup games, and I’m dreading the football style soap opera that the media will create around the England team when the tournament starts.

Still, plenty of rugby on TV…..happy days 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Any news on the two welsh injuries? (Everybody seems to be talking as if they’re definitely out…is that the case?)

IdleJon

Ireland were below par, I was quite shocked at how bad they appeared in the first half, surely there must be a reason for that? I commented on the English players looking tired at the end of the first half, but the intensity didn’t look overly high to cause both those symptoms? Have the NH coaches over stressed the training?

I’m putting it down to teams wanting to play at match intensity, to get game fit, but not to actually risk anything. They don’t want to show the opposition any new moves, or how they might really play. Did you notice that not a single team did anything interesting? The only time ground was made was by individual breaks (rarely), by bash-bosh one man attacks, or by well established methods, eg rolling mauls. I can’t imagine for a moment that any of the NH team are going to play the same way in two weeks.

IdleJon

Was allowed to take water in but had to take the top off as it could be used as a weapon?

The top could be used as a weapon? Or are plastic bottles somehow more deadly when intact? 😆

Fwiw, at the Milton Keynes Bowl yesterday (Foo Fighters, not rugby) we were allowed a 500ml bottle. (For 11 hours!) No reason that I can see, other than corporate greed. I wonder whether a claim could be made against the organisers if someone collapsed through dehydration?

wrecker
    Free Member

Any news on the two welsh injuries? (Everybody seems to be talking as if they’re definitely out…is that the case?)

I think Webb is FUBAR, HP confirmation due today from what I heard on the radio. I heard HP needed oxygen when carried off so it might well be bad news.

tinybits
    Free Member

Was allowed to take water in but had to take the top off as it could be used as a weapon?

I think it’s something to do with throwing the bottles around. I’ve however never seen this at the rugby (in fact, pints of piss at a festival is all I’ve experienced.

I’m sure it was in Marting Johnson bio, that he was playing at Buenos Aires and one of the England team got hit by a an opened can of beer. The player opened it, took a swig and chucked it back. All MJ could smell in the next scrum was beer breath!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah bollocks for them! That’s harsh!

DaRC_L

– celebrating a try scored after 4 minutes in a friendly, warm up game the same way as if you’d just won the world cup shows a lack of sense of proportion.

Not if you think you are silencing the Cipriani supporters and clinching a place in the starting line up.

I like May even less after that celebration,

And how do you feel about Ashton?

wrecker
    Free Member

Jonny May is hardly the most objectionable chap. From the interviews I have seen he appears a bit….well….boring.

Kryton57

Not if you think you are silencing the Cipriani supporters

There’s more overall ability there than May, making that statement quite absurd IMHO.

Pigface
    Free Member

How do May and Cipridrunkdrivemaybewhoknowsdidboffkellybignorksani get put together one is a wing and the other is a 10

jimdubleyou

At Gloucester on Saturday it was a full dress rehearsal for World Cup games, road outside closed …

You should try Twickenham – they’re shutting the main road (A316) for about 6 hours every game so they can make people pay for a park & ride at Kempton instead of parking near the ground. You can’t park near the ground because they put 2 multi-storey hospitality marquees on the back car park.

Up side is that I got QF4 & SF2 tickets in the residents ballot.

Swings & roundabouts 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

I dont think the road closure is about gouging more money out of you but for safety (I may of been duped) Kingsholm leaving is a bit of a mare with traffic etc.

anagallis_arvensis

Pretty sure 1/2p and Webb were being given gas and air not oxygen. Webb is screwed 100%. 1/2p looks pretty much screwed too.

ElVino

Went to Twickenham on Saturday as it was a chance to bring the kids to see England V Ireland at an almost affordable level compared to 6N prices. I thought May looked excellent really strong and sharp.

Ireland looked a bit rusty but I’m not too concerned yet. We have a few weeks to peak unlike England and Wales who will need to be sharp from the getgo.

juanking

There it is, HP is out of the World Cup….

molgrips
    Free Member

I seem to be sharing a hotel with Fiji. I think, anyway.

DanW
    Free Member

If anyone is interested in the charity match mentioned a page or two back, it can be found here.

A combination of the “England” 9 having the most awkward looking pass in history and the Referee seemingly selected from a carry on film made it a little hard to watch but fait play to them all 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

May’s celebration reflects how pumped up the team was before kick off,msg that’s a credit to the management. After last years 6N and this being the last warm up game and at home all makes sense to me.

Gutted for hp, a bit odd to do his ACL that way as a pro in good physical condition. Exactly how I did mine, stepping off one leg but I have a genetic weakness and even in my 20’s no where near his conditioning.

@jimdub very odd to close the road completely. Last RWC there was a lot of hospitality on the Quinns side of 316 so perhaps that’s it. I’m driving as usual and park near Twockenham Green. QF4 too.

dantsw13

I have no problem at all with celebrating a try like that – it shows a bit of passion.

With a long tournament, injuries are bound to happen through the rounds. For Wales to lose 3 of their best backs before the competition has started must be a huge blow for Wales.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

May’s celebration reflects how pumped up the team was before kick off,msg that’s a credit to the management.

I thought England HAD won the RWC Final – then I realised it was 4 minutes into a warm up match….

If celebrating like a bunch of Association Footballers is a credit to the management then we’re in big trouble.

onehundredthidiot

Last weekend of the groups is my sisters wedding. Groom reckons we’ll get the Scotland match OK but sa Wales is the same time as the meal. Is it OK to use an iPad with sky go as a place at?

wrecker
    Free Member

Halfpenny out innit?

dantsw13

And Webb confirmed out too. Replaced by Mike Phillips and Eli Walker.

dantsw13

I have to say, any player recently cut from larger training squads should definitely be keeping fit as I think we will see a lot more during the tournament.

duckman

One last huzzah for spikey!

wrecker
    Free Member

One last huzzah for spikey!

He’s going to be even more angry than usual!!!!

anagallis_arvensis

Eli Walker??? I rate him but that only leaves Williams as a full back who is also injured. Amos has one game as a full back. Morgan is shit. More worrying is we only really have 1 top flight goal kicker in Biggar…I’d have bought in Hook.

mrhoppy

I’d have bought in Hook.

I’d never have cut him in the 1st place but Gatland must’ve caught him shagging his wife for all the look in he gets.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d have bought in Hook.

I’m staggered that he hasn’t. Wozza really doesn’t like him, does he?

anagallis_arvensis

I suppose Calamity Cuthberts form may have caused Walkers call up.

dantsw13

How many players are Wales carrying injured in the squad still? I’ve heard AWJ and LW mentioned. Any others?

Pigface
    Free Member

Hook has done something to upset someone but he has had his goes and has never really done it on a big stage. Gloucester rate him highly not sure if that is a compliment or not 😆

DanW
    Free Member

Gutted for hp, a bit odd to do his ACL that way as a pro in good physical condition.

His hamstring was heavily strapped so it kinda fits unfortunately

mrhoppy

Hook suffers from being a more ‘unpredictable’* 10 than Y Gat likes given how the team is set up. But I’d take him everyday over Priestland, who is predictable mostly in his ability to be shit, and he offers cover at 10, 12, 13 and 15.

*The opposition don’t know, his teammates don’t know and half the time it seems to take him by surprise too.

Pigface
    Free Member

My Gran is better than Priestland

wrecker
    Free Member

Priestland, who is predictable mostly in his ability to be shit

We’ll find out if he’s shit when we see him play for bath. Oh wait…..

anagallis_arvensis

To be fair to Priestland he was very good at the last world cup. Has been shit since though. Maybe Gatland can get him back together. Hook at 10 crabs across and takes up too much space and doesnt bring Roberts into the game like Biggar does and Priestland did.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.