• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • dantsw13

I must say, Ireland’s lineouts look very wonky. POC takes every one down his own line.

Kryton57

Whoop!

anagallis_arvensis

Martyn Williams looks like the mascot between those too. The grin when he was introduced as a 100 cap legend helped too!!

anagallis_arvensis

Good start wales. Surely Parisse held on in the tackle though?

anagallis_arvensis

**** shitty shit

rascal
    Free Member

****. Rhys Webb’s World Cup over.
    Bollocks.

anagallis_arvensis

Could italy play the game slower if they tried?

anagallis_arvensis

Every timeca scrum is called the italians get injured and have a 5 min rest. Making a shit game even shitter!

anagallis_arvensis

**** hell its just got much much worse!

dantsw13

I think that is just about Gatlands nightmare scenario. Squad strength has always been Wales Achilles heel and those 2 maybe the most irreplaceable.

bigblackshed

This probably sounds like early excuses, but 1/2P out means Wales won’t make it out of the group. The team has been built around having someone who can kick penalties from anywhere in the opponents half.

DanW
    Free Member

On the positive side, these injuries could have come in the group stages and it would be much the same situation. Wales now benefit from a better kicking 9 and I’m sure Biggar is more than capable of taking care of the place kicking. Cole, Haskell and co aren’t selective about where they give away their penalties so they won’t all be on halfway like McCaw would 😀 It will be key for Williams to be fit and in form but Wales always needed his spark back anyway. AWJ is the biggest loss so far IMO along with Samson. There is still hope though!

anagallis_arvensis

The team has been built around having someone who can kick penalties from anywhere in the opponents half.

Biggar is an great kicker lacks some of 1/2ps range from halfway and over but he’ll be fine. The loss of 1/2p and with Williams already broken we are in real trouble. Liam will have to play against Uraguay to prove fitness but will he be recovered for England six days later?
    Not sure how you think Davies is a better kicker than Webb?

anagallis_arvensis

On the plus side Warburton was a beast and pretty much a one man pack!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I haven’t seen the match but I hope 1/2p makes the tournament, we want to see the worlds best players at a RWC. If he is out Wales are really in a bad place as Australia (who they always lose to) and England (home advantage) will be even stronger favourites to qualify from the group

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Great performance by England. They’re definitely favourites for the RWC now.

#carrythemhome

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Only listened on radio in car and caught first 20 mins in TV highlights before going out last night. Good win, but favourites? Not in a month of Sundays. Home advantage may help but (like Tim Henmam and Eng footie) we are not the best in the competition. Very clear and obvious.

The best bit is that the NH/6N results look like they can go anyway (crikey Scotland are starting to get their act together finally) so always nice for all supporters. But cold shower should come from the SH teams who still seem to be playing a different game!

Please can we eradicate “carry me home”. The worst part of any international series.

DanW
    Free Member

Great performance by England. They’re definitely favourites for the RWC now.

Sarcasm doesn’t come across on the internet so I’m not sure if you are serious 😆

England gave the commentators several opportunities to revisit their old favourite phrase…. “butchered chances” 😀 It wasn’t a first team but they spent much of the game looking very disorganised. Funny to reunite Owens and Robshaw again and hear some of the tellings off 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Japan Georgia was entertaining, when leaving pitch as replaced every Japanese player did a little bow to the pitch which was a nice touch.

Obviously not the best teams but evenly matched, the Georgians butchered an opportunity to win the game and Japan scored in the 77th minute.

Ref was bewildering 😯

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Good win, but favourites? Not in a month of Sundays

No. I thought we were world class.

That big hit by Slammin’ Sam won the match for us in the end. Never mind that the bloke was only half his size and no longer actually had the ball – it proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he’s already a union legend.

It was incidental that Owen Farrell totally botched a four man overlap by throwing a needless miss pass to nobody. We’ll get plenty of chances to score against the top sides so no need to take them all.

It doesn’t matter if the forwards aren’t quite up to scratch because the backs will #carrythemhome. 😉

DanW
    Free Member

😯

That big hit by Slammin’ Sam won the match for us in the end.

Keith Earls also did a similar thing to Wales but I don’t think he’s the messiah of Irish rugby 😆

Sam also turned over possession several times, didn’t make an decent runs and couldn’t make a pass stick. Besides that he was great 😀

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Sam didn’t make any decent runs and couldn’t make a pass stick. Besides that he was great

Well he’s already as good as Brad Barritt then isn’t he? 😆

anagallis_arvensis

On a serious note the English scrum didnt look that strong, its an area of weakness for Wales who got rinsed by Italy. I wonder how much of that was down to the lightweight lock pairing wales had as they did ok v ireland.

Wales v england at best looks like being:

Liam Williams (if fit)
    North
    S Williams
    Roberts
    Amos (please not calamity Cuthbert)
    Biggar
    Davies
    Faletau
    Warburton
    Lydiate
    Charteris
    AW Jones
    Fat Saes
    Owens
    Gethin

James
    Baldwin
    ?Jarvis/Lee??
    Bradley Davies
    Tips
    L Williams
    Priestland
    ?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Do you think Philips will come back in and will he make any difference?

I don’t know if he’s playing at the moment?

anagallis_arvensis

Phillips will be called up. But Cement head wint have him on the bench v england I dont think. Hook may replace 1/2p too.

wrecker
    Free Member

I thought the england pack looked better when Brooke and George come on. The line out started working too. I’m sure Lancaster missed it though and will continue with Cole and youngs.
    It was funny watching it in the pub with the patrons upset about youngs’ pass being called forward. It was so clearly and blantantly forward, they all hushed up when they saw the replay 😀

Sam was shit aside from a couple of tackles (nothing wrong with any of them mind you), and Lancaster should be embarrassed about sending Luther home.

anagallis_arvensis

Not as embarassed as Gatland having Morgan in the squad. If he had Hook he could have played him at 15 and not lossed 1/2p. Morgan is only fit to be the mascot.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Morgan is only fit to be the mascot.

I thought he WAS the mascot!

anagallis_arvensis

Most mascots would have made better attempts at a tackle for the italuan try at the end

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That big hit by Slammin’ Sam won the match for us in the end. Never mind that the bloke was only half his size and no longer actually had the ball – it proved beyond any reasonable doubt that he’s already a union legend.

It was incidental that Owen Farrell totally botched a four man overlap by throwing a needless miss pass to nobody. We’ll get plenty of chances to score against the top sides so no need to take them all.

It doesn’t matter if the forwards aren’t quite up to scratch because the backs will #carrythemhome.

And that’s the end of the Daily Express rugby coverage for today.

😉

toys19
    Free Member

A typical welsh response to being written off so early by these injuries will be to wipe England out of the group. Not that it wasn’t likely anyway, England look shite. I am massively doomed out by our current form. Arse.

IdleJon

Notes to English* players –

– celebrating a try scored after 4 minutes in a friendly, warm up game the same way as if you’d just won the world cup shows a lack of sense of proportion. If you do score the points to win the world cup will you simply faint and die on the spot?

– a basic tenet of rugby is that the ball has to go backwards. Waving your arms and mouthing off at the ref because you’ve just thrown the ball forward is stupid. Really dumb.

*not confined to English players but the try scoring leaping about was a little premature with 76minutes left to play.

anagallis_arvensis

@RhysWebb9

Morphine and a scrub off the nurses. Good start to a glorious Sunday morning.

anagallis_arvensis

Super Gavin Henson ?@UnrealGavHenson
    “Hi @warren_gatland, I hear you need a full-back for the 2015 Rugby World Cup. Want flair, mad skills and good looks? Give Big Gav a call.”

IdleJon

I was at the Welsh game yesterday. I have never, ever seen a crowd show so little interest to the event they had paid to see. Depressing.

DanW
    Free Member

I was at the Welsh game yesterday. I have never, ever seen a crowd show so little interest to the event they had paid to see. Depressing.

You must have missed the Wales Canada games at the Millennium 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Only a fool would write Wales off, but hp and Webb are big losses. For all that’s said about England’s strength in depth, a loss of ford, robshaw and/or brown would give me similar concerns.
    I do admire robshaw for shutting his detractors up time and time again. You’d think they’d tire of looking stupid so often.

Kryton57

I like May even less after that celebration, calm down dear, FFS.

Ireland were below par, I was quite shocked at how bad they appeared in the first half, surely there must be a reason for that? I commented on the English players looking tired at the end of the first half, but the intensity didn’t look overly high to cause both those symptoms? Have the NH coaches over stressed the training? And if so, hopefully a 13 day layoff now hopefully will help. JJ looked slow and less inspired to me also, anyone notice that?

Scrum – what has happened to Englands prior strength ? Wood returned to good form, Robshaw committed as ever, good to see your captain getting to and flattening the catchers. Morgan getting back into it, Launchbury looked overweight but played OK, Billy V less effective now he’s a stone lighter.

Centre – Burgess, awful, Burrell should be there, JJ needs to front up a bit more, why was he holding back/lackadaisical?

9/10 – Youngs/Ford was good, F’real spent 10 minutes making wrong decisions and getting angry only to be told of by Nigel – second fiddle to Ford.

FB – Well, congratulations Mike Brown for claiming your place without a shadow of doubt.

I feel bad for 1/2p – forget the allegiances, he should be there an works class teams should be playing against him, I hope he recovers ok.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

JJ looked slow and less inspired to me also, anyone notice that?

Perhaps any spark of individuality has been “coached” out of him during the incessant training camps?

This lack of form surely paves the way for SL’s “dream” centre pairing of Burgess at 12 and Barritt at 13?

DanW
    Free Member

centre pairing of Burgess at 12 and Barritt at 13

The phrase “strong as a bull and twice as bright” springs to mind 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.