Home Forums Bike Forum £2.5 k XC FS Bike

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 days ago by stick.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • £2.5 k XC FS Bike
  • dave661350

I’ve run a Cannondale Trigger for the last 8 yrs. It is now somewhat tired so I’m looking for a replacement. I’m way out of date with tech and after a quick google, I’m looking at perhaps a BMC Fourstroke LT2 or a Canyon Lux Trail CF 6 or 7 (I’m in France so can access all the euro bike sales places). Any glaringly obvious bikes that I should be looking at ?

Kramer
    Free Member

The new Specialized Chisel FS?

crossed

If not the Chisel then whichever of last years Epic models is in the sale and fits your budget.

snotrag

The new Chisel is nice but why get a ‘budget’ bike at full retail when I’m sure you could also be getting a much higher end carbon bike (that ahould be 4 or 5 grand maybe) for the 2500… ?

The BMC’s are really nice, rare in the UK but I’ve seen a couple. Based on that and the Canyon Lux Trail – what about a Scott Spark? Loads of offers about currently.

dave661350

Thanks people. Offers within the UK are no use to me I’m afraid. I’d get stuffed for import duties after delivery. (Germany and especially Spain seem best for decent offers and I really aren’t bothered about either a 2023 or 2022 bike if its a €4500 bike at €2500)
    I’ll look at the Spark and see if anywhere does the Specialized at reasonable money

mboy
    Free Member

If you’re in Europe, then look at all the usual online suspects… Canyon, YT, Radon etc… Each has a very good XC offering, and buying in euros you’ll be quids in so to speak.

Scott has some crazy deals across their range right now and the current model Spark really is a very impressive bike indeed.

dave661350

I went for a BMC FourStroke in the end. Heck of a discount and delivered today. Looks superbly made as I’d expect from BMC…hopefully it will suit my riding/the local trails here. Thanks for your input folks.

DickBarton

Only downside with buying last year’s higher end model means replacement parts will be more expensive unless you downgrade.

Ignore this as just realised this is a 2 week thread and you got the bike!

stick
    Free Member

Morning what BMC Fourstroke did you go for, I really fancy one but am between sizes and would love to know how they feel under load climbing?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.