Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 494 total)
  • 18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?
  • martyntr
    Free Member

ditto.

forge197
    Free Member

Don't forget it's weigh in day, we are both down a bit so it's a good one this week 🙂

BigSteve
    Free Member

Just looked in on the thread.

As a regular dieter I can tell you that 5kg loss in a week is very possible. It is only in the first week of the diet and isn't sustainable. In the first week a lot of fluids can be lost which gives a large loss. I could loose up to a stone in the first week. That being said you do need to be significantly overweight to have that sort of loss.

Anyway – I've lost again this week 3lb I think.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

start – 109.8kg
    1st week – 107.6kg
    2nd week – 106.2kg

The world will be a lighter place from all our efforts.

mieszko
    Free Member

1st week 100kg
    2nd week 98.7kg
    3rd week 96.4kg

Getting there slowly 🙂

Some tips to get a accurate scale measure, put it on flat and hard surface and also best would be to have them in the same place every time. With digital scales (like mine) put them on the floor first (if You keep them somewhere else) and than switch them on not the other way round as You will be heavier by the weight of the scales 🙂

Also 0.5kg difference during a day is nothing bad and probably normal, You might have had a drink or something like that. For me there is no point in weighting myself every day (or couple times a day), as the 0.5kg or less differences are sometimes not real weight loss. I'll pop on the scales at the gym every now and then but it's always every Friday I weight myself on the scales at home and send the result in the email.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am going slower than you lot:

Week 1 = 124.5
    Week 2 = 124.0
    Week 3 = 123.4

I haven't made any huge changes as yet, that starts soon though – just little things for the moment. Had my first beer since New Year's Eve yesterday. Alas I have a weekend of hard partying starting tonight so I suspect next week will not be a good result… ahem….

theotherjonv

quite a good week for me

wk 1 – 96kg
    wk 2 – 95kg
    wk 3 – 93.5kg (and a large one in the departure lounge for when I get to work)

speaker2animals

Back a bit but then I did put down week 2 to the fact I had been pretty ill since New Year. Bit disappointing that I've actually done exercise this week and weight has gone up. And not enough exercise to claim it is muscle gain!
    Wk 1 – 107.0
    Wk 2 – 102.4
    Wk 3 – 103.1

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

105.4kg to 104kg for me, bit gutted its so slight after last week's loss.

however i have a stinking cold and although kept to the overall healthier eating plan have done no exercise at all.

p.s. my weekly tip is for those weighing themselves on a wii fit… if you hav'nt already sussed how to change the measurements to kg simply change your country to france (keep language as english).

Jamie
    Free Member

Sent results into Si, but just to follow the crowd:

wk 1 – 76.2kg
    wk 2 – 74.4kg
    wk 3 – 73.5kg

Looks like an initial large weight loss is now starting its usual taper. Cue eating dust while running ultra-marathons and only losing a lb a fortnight 😉

bigG
    Free Member

only 2lb off this week 🙁

hotel room service food is not the way forward if I want to lose weight

I_Ache
    Free Member

Count me in too I need to loose my gut and moobs.

Mail is in my profile.

I'm 6'tall and after weighing myself this morning I am 91.5kg.

Went to the docs a couple of months back weighing 95kg she said my ideal weight is 66kg which is about 10st 5lbs. There would be nothing left of me.

I guess I would be happy with about 80kg 12½st

shoei
    Free Member

Week 0 – 93.9kg
    Week 1 – 93.5kg
    Week 2 – 92.3kg

Getting there slowly.
    Waiting on weather to get a bit better then i can get out on the new bike.

theotherjonv

Went to the docs a couple of months back weighing 95kg she said my ideal weight is 66kg which is about 10st 5lbs. There would be nothing left of me.

That is a BMI of 20 which is the threshold between underweight and correct weight on their ridiculous BMI charts.

The limit between correct weight and overweight comes at 83kg so you actually have a huge band to aim at.

Daft, some of these doctors. As is the BMI.

Crell
    Free Member

Another Kilo bites the dust…can I eat now? 🙂

nickb

Rather late to the party, but I've only just caught-up with this thread, and keen to join! What do I need to do, other than weigh myself and try to lose weight?

email is nick[at]nicbbarnett[dot]com

Cheers,
    Nick

Jamie
    Free Member

only 2lb off this week

That is the upper reaches of recommended weekly weightloss so i would not be too down on yourself.

I_Ache
    Free Member

18bikes

Can I join? I mailed you my weight as of today but then read you wasn't accepting any more entries. I really do need a bit of help motivationally.

MrOvershoot

Exactly the same for me this week, after loosing a bit the first week 😳

My excuse is apart from 3 hours on Sunday falling off in the snow I have only been doing weights so might have lost a little fat but gained some muscle?
    That and this weeks menu has been on the rich side 😮

BigSteve
    Free Member

That is a BMI of 20 which is the threshold between underweight and correct weight on their ridiculous BMI charts.

The limit between correct weight and overweight comes at 83kg so you actually have a huge band to aim at.

Daft, some of these doctors. As is the BMI.

[/quote]

How do you know what the BMI is – there is no height indicated, which you need to calculate BMI.

MrOvershoot

Andy M – Member
    Count me in too I need to loose my gut and moobs.

Mail is in my profile.

I'm 6'tall and after weighing myself this morning I am 91.5kg.

I guess I would be happy with about 80kg 12½st

BigSteve I think "6' tall" is an acceptable unit of height 😉

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Week 0 – 107.5kg
    Week 1 – 105.0kg
    Week 2 – 103.6kg

Getting there slowly…. but pretty pleased with progress so far.
    Weighed in last night (and sent in too) but got off the tubo-trainer this morning and checked again – 102.1 (900g of sweat lost in an hour – nearly a litre!).

Thanks for some of the good advice earlier in the thread – been a help with motivation

BigSteve
    Free Member

BigSteve I think "6' tall" is an acceptable unit of height

That must have been further back then – doh!!!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

4lb in 2 weeks, i'll settle for that. No exercise done either, so could be worse. All this fruit doesn't half make you fart though.

18bikes

WEIGH IN 3 TONIGHT PLEASE!!

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Oh dear 🙁

Back up to just above starting point

wk 0 = 109.25
    wk1 = 108.5
    wk 2 = 109.5

BUT it has been a rough week with little chance to do much exercise wise…

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Just phoned in the order into the Chinese so off to weigh myself before collecting it.

sundaywobbler

For some reason my email keeps bouncing back undeliverable notifications from fatclub email address??

Well just to keep up with the theme…

wk1 89
    wk2 88
    wk3 87.5

Well at least I'm still going in the right direction but would have liked to lose a little more this week especially as I've even hit the gym a couple of times this week. Thankfully though at long bl**dy last after very nearly 6 months off the bike the Dr has said I'm allowed back, woo hoo!!

teagirl
    Free Member

I've lost 600g since we started this, w'hey. I've been ill and eating up all the xmas stuff tho', cake for breakfast, yum. May add a little exercise next week, who knows. Think I need a personal trainer to thrash me into shape. Or some verbal from STW massive…….

Shakey
    Free Member

Okay, not been too good this week but have lost a small amount: –
    Wk1 – 93.64kg
    Wk2 – 91.36kg
    Wk3 – 90.91kg

luke
    Free Member

100g off this week not happy, but then it's been a bad week.

Shakey
    Free Member

Hopefully giving up alcohol Monday to Thursday has helped but last nights pizza and tonights curry probably aren't going to!

daveh
    Free Member

Should I be receiving any email people? I registered before the deadline, provided weights on the 03/01 and 08/01 (yet to send todays in) but haven't received anything back. Should I be?

Pyro

Same this week as last – steady at 13st 12lbs

Not been exercising much because of work and the weather though, hoping the loss'll ramp up when I start actually doing something.

Aside from not losing weight yet, I'm feeling less tired for having made some significant changes to me diet. Well, one at least – more fruit, less pizza…

bedmaker

Quite chuffed with 1.2kg loss this week without trying too hard.
    Been completely TT for over a week now which should be helping.
    I'm hoping to keep it up for 6 weeks, hopefully it won't do any irreparable damage.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Week 1 = 83 Kg
    Week 2 = 83.5 Kg
    week 3 = 82.55 Kg

Week 2? cut down on intake but put weight on – how does that work?

rOcKeTdOg

1st three weeks and i've weighed on 3 different sets of scales so not confident they are accurate

(still a biffer though whatever i weigh on)

CBA to read 8 pages, but thought I'd drop in my input.

Crept up over 15st last year so decided to sort it out. Lost 2.5st in 3 months during Summer/Autumn. How? By exercising more and not eating when not hungry.

I cut out having a load of sandwiches at lunch time and only had a bacon butty every other day, rather than every day. I only have an evening meal when I actually feel really hungry (but always eat something in the morning).

I find I'm not actually hungry half as much as I used to think I was. As a bonus, I've eaten and drunk a shed load of crap over Christmas and haven't put an ounce on, despite not riding for a couple of months. I just need to get some riding fitness back.

Laters fatties 😀

18bikes

Alright peeps, a good week again, keep it up. Those who've not sent weights in – I count you as out if there's 3 missing in a row.

– Total weight loss 58.63Kg
    – Average weight loss per person 0.58Kg
    – Loser of the week podman with a loss of 3.5 Kg

Jamie
    Free Member

Damn….nearly a 8lb loss from podman 😯

I must be doing something wrong.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.