Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 494 total)
  • 18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad I waited for the second dump yesterday. I just managed to sneak in at exactly the same as the week before. Not great news but certainly better than first thing that morning!

ianpinder
    Free Member

theotherjonv – Member

Just came back in to this. First up, apologies for doubting IanPinder's use of units. Way to go BigMan, you're a firm favourite for the main prize if you keep that up and hit your target, and you'll deserve it too.

92kg for me this week – again. It's slow going at present, but 1/ I haven't actually put any back on since the start, and 2/ I'm 9lbs lighter than the start.

It gets frustrating at this stage and this is where I usually start to slip. My goal is to get down from 96 to about 86 so I've done 4 out of 10 but I need to be remotivated. Come on someone, kick me in the backside.

No worries, hopefully I'll hit my target, then you lot can all come jump out of a plane with me.

As for motivation, other people can not motivate you, you have to want to do it, then all your friends support just helps drive you. If you don't want to do it deep down then you will never achieve it.

I've tried to loose weight pleanty of times before and failed because I never felt that i really wanted to, even though I had lots of close friends helping me and supporting me.

This time round it seems easy, I have no one close to me supporting me as I've just moved to a new part of the country and just a silly blog on the net, but it doesn't seem to matter, I've just got my head in the right place

theotherjonv

mate, if you want to jump out of a plane go ahead. I won't be.

Motivate me is the wrong phrasing. What i mean is, give me some more ideas. I ca only survive on dust for so long……

martyntr
    Free Member

TBH the key to weight loss (for me anyways) is just to do some exercise. Ride your bike, go for a run (if that's your thing) and just get active. My weight loss has been very gradual, but has picked up not I'm doing my 50 mile per week commute…..

Time on the bike's the key….

Jamie
    Free Member

Time to get depressed again people 😉

…for the record i have been stuck at 70kg for a couple of weeks. Either got to properly cut some calories or exercise more, which my bad knee will not allow.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

119.7kg – slow and steady.

Of course I am off to York this weekend for beer and fast food… so if I can be saying the same numbers again next week I will be delighted! On the other hand, 1lb more down and I will have shifted a stone since the start of this, which isn't bad going! Trying to get more exercise in now too so that should help things along nicely and shall be mountain biking again next weekend if not before (providing that motorbike viewings don't get in the way too much that is!)

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well, thanks to my friend coming back from hong kong and us going to tgis, as well as a big work lunch, and pancake day I have lost no weight this week, still at 177.5kg. Still at least it can only improve next week

sundaywobbler

Yes, back losing this week! I'm getting closer to my first target of 80kg, started at 89 and now at 82. The England/Wales 6 nations match and the following week on expenses took its toll rather a lot but we're back on the right track again.

Lets hope I can keep it going.

Kato

I'm struggling at the mo. Coppers and doughnuts is a cliche that just keeps giving

shoei
    Free Member

The joys of being at home for a couple of days looking after the kids, weight goes from 92.4kg to 93.8kg
    Doesnt help when you make a fresh loaf in the bread maker and proceed to eat it in a day. Time to starve my self again.

speaker2animals

I'm chugged this week. My weight had gone up last week. However wasn't too upset as my body analysis scales said my lean mass had increased. This week my weight is down 1.5kg and my lean mass is the same as last week. So the 2x 40 plus mile per week road rides with my new group would seem to be paying off

Yay!

Jamie
    Free Member

body analysis scales

I should really get some of those. Bit dis-hearting when you see no weight loss but unsure what is muscle gained.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Glad to see I'm not the only one who failed this week. Managed to gain 1.6 lbs somehow!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

no gain but only a 1lb/.45kg loss this week (3lbs last 2 weeks).

bit of a lack of motivation, bit more stress than normal (consequently drank more bottles of wine than i have been), bit of a cold so no exercise and my final excuse must be that huge spaghetti carbonara and 3/4 of a baguette of garlic bread i wolfed down on valentines day.

still, now at 15st7lbs(from 16st9lbs) and feeling much better for it. hope to be into the high 14st range in 3 weeks but next week is my b'day and no diet on earth will keep me away from single malt, botham burgers and a huge coffee & walnut cake!

Onzadog
    Free Member

This weeks spot prize looks interesting. Can my dog join fat club? In the last month he's dropped from 20 kg to 18.5kg. As a percentage, that's pretty good. Does he win the guide book?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Weigh in tomorrow

Jamie
    Free Member

Getting a bit disillusioned now. Had a bit of an off day Sunday with 6 pints, a chinese and lots of toast for some reason. Apparently this is enough to offset the 43 mil XC ride on Sat and running 23 miles this week as still the same weight as the last 3 weeks 70kg.

I think i need to get one of those fat % scales to see what is really going on.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Meanwhile, Jamie, despite another epic weekend of more pints than I can remember and filthy kebabs… I am still down another lb this week!

2 more and I am down the first stone, which is magnificent!

Currently at 119.3kg mind, so it's a bit easier for me perhaps. What seems to have been working has been kicking wheat more or less out the diet. I have a little bread and once a week perhaps a bit of pasta – but my diet beforehand was very much based on the grain. I wonder if it's one of those things, we aren't designed to eat too much of one particular substance, and if you do it upsets the balance or something. Evolution aint caught up with modern Agriculture… scratch that… agriculture in general!

Haven't done a body fat measurement in a while – the scales aren't accurate btw, but I always liked to think they would show a trend 🙂

Exercise will need to start figuring in my day more (I do a fairly active job mind, but could use some dedicated Cardio). It's just tricky when it's horrible outside – and dark. Roll on the end of March and a return to BST!!!

Sandwich

Yahoo have now lost over a stone!

Jamie
    Free Member

Yahoo have now lost over a stone!

Now if only Google could lay off the pies as well.

shoei
    Free Member

wohooooo, lost 1.5kg this week.
    Back down to 92.3kg. Its that last 2.3kg that im struggling to shift. Time for a concerted effort.

sundaywobbler

Only a kilo this week 🙁 I'm blaming working 13hr days this week, not getting anywhere near the gym, only getting in 2 12 mile commutes and a rather large (but bloody good fun) chinese and beer night on Sunday just gone.

The diet is still hanging in there though and we are still heading in the right direction at least 🙂

ianpinder
    Free Member

Yup, a 2.3kg lose for me this week, but I won't be winning the biggest % loss of the week as that takes me down to 175.3kg, however its 1st 1/2 in 5 weeks which isn't to shabby, yesterday I swam 3k to

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

after my disheartening 1lb loss last week and getting worried i'd hit a weight loss plateu already i've crammed in a few turbo sessions and dropped 4lb – my biggest weekly loss since starting. just 1lb away from a 1 and a 1/2 stone loss. also top end 14st range is in sight, hav'nt been near that weight for many years. very stoked.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Weigh in tomorrow

sundaywobbler

Had a pretty good week this week, more time on the bike with some decent pace rides and even talked myself into the strangely enjoyable torture of 1h30min of kickboxing training last night, after over 8 months away from that gym it was damn hard work! Was surprised at how flexible I've managed to stay though?? Hips and legs were aching rather a lot this morning though.

Lets hope the scales of truth show an improvement?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yay.

After 3 or so weeks i have dropped a whole lb!

Woo-Hoo 😡

Off to Sheffield to visit my sister for the weekend this afternoon tho, so i am sure it will only take 3 hours to put back on.

sundaywobbler

Well after my positive post last night the scales of truth weren't quite as good as I'd hoped, only a 1kg loss this week but still happy, we're still heading in the right direction just got to keep hanging in there.

Happily made my first milestone this week though!! 🙂

ianpinder
    Free Member

Yup, i'm down 1.3kg which considering how many times I went out for dinner this week is neigh on a miricle

zaskar
    Free Member

I'm stuck at 94kg for the last 3 weeks happened before.

So now I am eating normally again a(metabolism is used to it and saving energy probably) and riding more as I have been a bit stationary too.

Definitely noticed more energy too in my rides and better at hills.

MrOvershoot

No change at all for me this week which is a bloody big shock as I haven't been on the bike for two weeks 🙁 and I got a bit carried away with the creation of some pasta bakes.
    In my defence the wife's MS has been very bad over the last two weeks so I can't just pop out on my bike for a couple of hours.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Damn it – crept up a little again this week – 119.5kg this morning.

The shame….

I haven't had the best of weeks though, a little bit "liberal" with my diet shall we say. Fingers crossed that I can get back on track for next Friday. Then there is a trip to Ireland for 10 days looming at the end of the month which is probably going to do untold damage. Damnit.

Onzadog
    Free Member

woo hoo, moving again. Guess that's got something to do with starting to ride to work again.

By the way Si, can we have a spot prize for the most consistent updater before being prompted? Because that's the only way I'm in with a chance of any prizes!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I will run you close Onzadog… and will also be lacking in any other prize winning, unless I hack a leg off!

sundaywobbler

C0ck and balls!! Weight has gone up this week, only by half a kilo but still an increase. I thought I'd done well this week, commuting to work and a couple of kickboxing training sessions and was thinking the trousers were beginning to fit more comfortably. Hoping I've just started to gain some muscle mass back which is having an adverse effect on my weight but still improving my fitness levels.

Hopefully normal service will be resumed next week??

Would like to thank Si for sorting this all out it has helped me my motivation levels hugely!

shoei
    Free Member

happy, finally dropped below the 92.3kg mark. got to 91.3kg this week, the finish line for me is getting close. aiming to get below 14st and see if i can stay there.

MrOvershoot

Really rubbish this week, gained the best part of 1kg. But I knew it was going to be bad as I feel fatter.
    Cut out the crisps & choc bars at 10am replaced with fruit & by lunch time I'm starving :/
    My wifes continued lust for my pasta bakes isn't helping as I really enjoy cooking and while cooking I seem to be constantly tasting & slurping red wine 😮
    Need to do more exercise, did 40 miles at the weekend but bugger all else

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well only 0.5kg this week. Takes me down to 173.2kg

I_Ache
    Free Member

173kg 😯

Really?

martyntr
    Free Member

Floating around the 100Kg mark at the moment…. Body fat down to 21.5% though…

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.