Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 494 total)
  • 18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?
  • Stu_N

Thanks for organising this Si. Weighed in this morning, down 3lb.

drinking a bit more water, nibbling on dry fruit instead of going to the sweetie machine, only one small latte a day and no cake or scone with it works. Have barely ridden but been walking further than normal and standing around on freezing station platforms has probably made up for that!

Jamie
    Free Member

Being an eager beaver i just sent my weight in, always like to do it first thing after the morning loo visit 😉 . I reckon when i first weighed myself i must have had some xmas turkey still in me as somehow i seemed to have dropped 3-4lbs in a week 😯

grynch
    Free Member

Jamie, I lost about 4 lbs also…and I think you're right about that turkey ( couple of shots of metamucil helped that right out let me tell ya 😯 )

bigG
    Free Member

4lb lost for me too, but the wife tells me it's easier to lose it at first, talk about p*ssing on my bonfire.

drinking black tea or strong black coffee and cut out any sweeties, I'm following the grazing routine, small amounts and regularly. But I work from home so it's probably easier for me than if I was office based.

Can't wait to see the weight come off when I can actually get out on the bike, I'm even considering making some of those home made studded tyres…now where's my toolbox.

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

ive also lost 4lbs this week, 3 long gym sessions have helped also been eating more veg and giving all my choccies/biscuits to customers 😆

my new turbo trainers on its way so that should also help things as i know ill plateau soonish…i could do with losing a good stone and a half…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

2lb off, not too bad considering i've been ill.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i'm down 3.3lb. not really trying to do anything drastic, mainly tuning up my overall food intake (lots more veg, cutting down on bread/butter/cheese etc) and increasing exercise.

i'm really liking the turbo trainer although somehow only found time for one session in the last 5 days (did a mountainbike in the snow yesterday though), i can thoroughly recommend the spinervals dvds.

my main prob is the booze, i managed 3 nights off this week but on weds i cracked and dove into a bottle of xmas single malt. so if anyone has any tips how to replace the '9pm, dinner done, kids finally in bed, time for some booze to relax for an hour or so with junk tv' i'd appreciate it.

PhilChap

Gain for me 🙁 400g and I thought I'd done well too. Been out on the bike a few times and walked more so maybe just turned the fat to muscle……

shoei
    Free Member

Down .4kg this week. But have lost over a stone recently so now facing the small loses.
    New bike arrived today so can think about a bit of riding now to help.

Kato

just 1lb for me

The massive chicken tikka dhansak last night probably wasn't a good idea. I was doing okay until then………..

chubby_monk
    Free Member

Flat for me, despite a couple of sessions on the turbo trainer and a proper ride too.

Still on holiday till Monday so a few too many pints being consumed.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

1kg for me 😀

going to ruin it now with a few cans over a mates 😕

goin to have to blast Afan early tomorrow am 😈

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

balls, looking back at my emails i cocked up my beginning weight last week. should've been 107.3kg not the 105.5kg i emailed across.

today though is 105.4 as emailed.

if anyone knows how to get a wii fit to weigh in kg and not stones to save me all this converting faffing pls let me know.

toys19
    Free Member

yup a kilo for me, if this carries on in a year I'll be 52kilos lighter…..

Big-M
    Free Member

1kg loss for me, pretty chuffed, haven't ridden all week because I've managed to twist my knee….

Might manage a light spin tomorrow.

mountainposture

Slight problem here – got the scales out this morning and they wouldn't turn on. 😕

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

large doner 1 – diet nil 😳

Shakey
    Free Member

Hi All,

Sorry I'm late but stupidly slipped on some ice and needed to visit A&E for 8 stitches. Anyway, what with the blood loss managed to weigh 5 pounds lighter. This is easy, although the pizza in the oven probably says I weigh more! 😆 😆

18bikes

Come on people- I need those updates!!

I'm away from work now, can someone hit reply all to my last email and chivvy people along…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

done

Jamie
    Free Member

Si, I would not sweat it. After doing this last year i can tell you to expect a big drop off first 2 weeks. Let them go 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i think i should probably be concerned that i weighed myself, then an hour later (during which i dropped the kids off at the pool) i was apparently 0.5Kg heavier… think i need to return these scales and get ones that actually work properly!

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Bugger, after even doing the weigh in I forgot to send it until today! Muppet… must be more timely next week… 🙁

dmiller
    Free Member

xherbivorex – Premier Member

i think i should probably be concerned that i weighed myself, then an hour later (during which i dropped the kids off at the pool) i was apparently 0.5Kg heavier… think i need to return these scales and get ones that actually work properly!

According to my scales I did a 3 pound poo the other day 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

that's more likely than a -0.5Kg one though!

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmmm, i wonder if a 30 mile ride in the snow allows me a large portion of chips and a couple of pints?

Ah well only one way to find out.

*heads to pub*

MrOvershoot

I had the fish & chips last night & a pint or 2, though I have just been out for 3 hours grunting through snow & trying to pick myself up on sheet ice :/

sslowpace
    Free Member

Doing the detox thing here, so lots of water, fruit, veggies. No sugar, etc and only a coffee in the morning and no other caffeine.

I sent in my first week weigh in before my morning poo so only dropped 700g, after it was 1.8kg!

Even getting used to lots less caffeine. 😕

martyntr
    Free Member

I think my weight actually went up…. 😉 and i've been riding hard this week…. 40 miles of commuting in the snow and cold should have done something 😥

Jenga
    Free Member

My weight hasn't changed at all during the week. Must be the lack of exercise because I'm eating & drinking much less than a week or two back. Not been able to get out on the bike, but had 6 hard hours on Fairfield Horseshoe on Saturday. Feeling a bit let down. Must try harder.

18bikes

Update after week 2

Firstly, some seem to b lying – or mistyping, I'm sceptical on some of these weight losses. I'm confirming these, then will have some stats. Either way, we've lost a full size man this week.

There's still several people haven't emailed me starting or 2nd week stats – I'm assuming you're off. Those who emailed starting weights but no 2nd week – I'm assuming you've stayed the same. If I don't hear from you again you're off too.

I'll reiterate what I've said before;

When sending a weigh in, JUST your username, then a slash, then your weight in kg. Leaving off any RE: will help me to sort them alphabetically by username, to sort the spreadsheet faster. Should look like this, assuming your username was "singletrackuser"

singletrackuser/88.2

Cheers all,
    Si

Jamie
    Free Member

Have some people been losing 8lbs+ in a week then Si? To be fair i once did that, but i had the norovirus

18bikes

Ok, the two people had mistyped, so we're sorted. Here's some stats

– Total weight loss 79.74Kg
    – Average weight loss per person 0.63Kg
    – Loser of the week PePPer with a loss of 5.06 Kg

Keep it up peeps!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Flippin' 'eck. I thought my week one loss was good. I only lost 5 lbs, not 5kg. What happened? Did you get something amputated PePPer?

Just a thought, what's the 5kg as a pecenage of the starting weight?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

5kg?!?!? 😯

That's 11 lbs – has someone cut a limb off?

Well done if its genuine.

Jamie
    Free Member

5kg? Not to sound dismissive, but really? ….i mean REALLY?

If i could do that i would hit my target weight in about 10 days!

grynch
    Free Member

*crikey* I had to staple my lips together to drop 2kg.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

LOL – we've shed enough to make an entire fat person!

Jenga
    Free Member

5kg in a week? Someone's havin a larf.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don't tell me we've shed enough to make a fat person, that's pretty much my target weight!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.