Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 494 total)
  • 18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?
  • sundaywobbler

Got a funny feeling its going to be a $hit week tomorrow, felt like dog turd all week, no exercise and eating more than I have been, bet I've put on a couple of kilos this week…

Oh well starting to feel better lets hope I can get things back on track next week.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have managed to gain a bit over the last week due to various functions and special occasions, plus a bit of of good 'ol greed. The bottom line is i have been between 154-155lbs now for about 5-6 weeks and looks like it will not drop unless in make a concerted effort to cut calories as currently i am running 20ish miles a week and a few 25-40mile rides a week so the exercise bit is covered.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Very very stoked, hit 14st9 on this morning's weigh-in so now 2st down from when we started.

Are there updates these days? Hav'nt heard anything for weeks, did someone win that spot prize back in feb?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

got below 17st yesterday first time in 12 years – awesome

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well done gavtheoldskater I'm down 0.3kg this week at least it's a lose. Takes me down 11 kg since I started, that was 3 weeks later to as I was on holiday. Going to make a concentrated effort this week as last week there were to many mc donalds 10 hrs into a 15 hr shift. Plus I only managed the gym 3 times this week which is a poor effort. My total now is 173kg only another 54 to go!

sundaywobbler

Thankfully only put on a kilo this week. Haven't been anywhere near the bike or the gym so actually reaosnably pleased with that.

Best case scenario is 9 kilo loss since we started. Only another 11 to get down to the first (and probably more realistic) target weight

shoei
    Free Member

bunged some weight on this week, blame it on my birthday and not feeling right well.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is fatclub still alive?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i was wondering that too onzadog. is there any point emailing 18bikes, i hav'nt had an update for a long time?

i'm still plugging away and getting there slowly, its getting hard to keep motivated though esp when i have a poor weight loss week as i did the one before last (just a 200g loss, my worst since beginning).

put the effort in this last week though and dropped 4lb (god bless coach troy and his fat burning workouts) to 14st5 (16st9 in jan at start).

overall i'm averaging 2lb loss per week so another couple of focussed weeks and i will hit the next milestone which is to get into the 13st weight range by end april which would be good.

and i'm now at the stage where i can't wait to get rid of the 'bl@@dy' indoor trainer for the summer.

MrOvershoot

Sent my numbers in yesterday as it felt like a Friday 😳

Only lost 6lbs since the start 🙁 life's not too easy at the moment with my wife's MS really hitting her hard so I haven't been able to get the exercise in.

shoei
    Free Member

Just dipped below the 90kg marker today. 89.8kg. Target is 87kg then try to stick at that weight.
    Not doing to bad considering i hit 15st 12lbs last august thanks to the medication making me want to eat.
    Just need to get out on the bike now.

sundaywobbler

Got below the 80kg marker today and haven't been able to get out on the bike at all this week (due to injury) but have managed to keep up the diet and increased my daily water intake to over 2 litres a day which seems to have made quite a difference (i have drunk 1.5 litres a day for years). Lets hope it continues!

Must admit I'm a little concerned about the lack of updates but I'll keep emailing in. It does seem to motivate me pretty well which helps a lot in my case.

Onzadog
    Free Member

so, is it worth sending in today's numbers?

Jamie
    Free Member

I have not sent nothing in for a week or 2. It had a good run and thanks to Si for sorting it out this year.

bigG
    Free Member

I'm still sending in my numbers, but wonder if I'm one of the very few still doing it.

Si, if this has become a burden to you I'm sure I could find some time to help out.

G

ianpinder
    Free Member

I stopped becase 18bikes stopped sending out updates, however I have not lost anything in 2 weeks, lucky though I have not put anything on either. I will be hitting it hard this week, and I'm still updating my blog.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

I'm still in and keen to see the fc continue so happy to help out as well if 18bikes is a bit too busy.

Maybe we should have a roll call of who's still in and make a plan so we can continue? I agree with other posts that the weekly weigh in is great motivation.

Just 1lb down for me this week, its been windy so more time kitesurfing than cycling. Had alovey ride last night though, first time in shorts this year.

MrOvershoot

I'm still in. (though I missed sending the email this morning as I was out the door very early)

No loss this week for me, which if I'm honest is a bit of a kick in the nads as I have been super active in the last week including 2 long rides & cut out all crisps, choc's etc and substituted fruit 🙁

shoei
    Free Member

im still in, weight goes up and down like a yo-yo, but its giving me something to focus on. Still getting nearer to my goal weight week by week.

18bikes

yo, email the info@18bikes.co.uk address if you can take this off my hands, sorry all!!

to be honest – not many regulars, made it a little daft anyhow – maybe someone's willing to nag a little more??

bigG
    Free Member

Si, I emailed you, but not had anything back?

Offer still stands to pick up the admin,if you can rummage and provide a prize occasionaly?

G

timc
    Free Member

I'm still sending in everyweek as well, Lost a stone this year but nothing for 6 weeks… need to up the anti! 🙂

sundaywobbler

I've been sending in since the start and will continue to do so, as I've said earlier it gives me more motivation and seems to help me a lot. Things are even still going well and have very nearly lost 2 stone, only another 1 to go to reach target weight. I'll be emailing in tomorrow as I'll have no t'internet access from tomorrow morning onwards as I'll be in Wales riding my bike, woo hoo! Even managing to find some extra clothes that fit within the wardrobe!

Seriously upping the water intake each day seems to have a very positive effect for me, and also eating loads more fruit than I used to and cutting out even more $hite that used to get nibbled on through the day.

For those that are still emailing in, hang in there and keep making small adjustments, every little helps to create those good habits.

forge197
    Free Member

I stopped as there was no update, I keep mulling in my head how to automate this for those that want it and make it slick.

Will ponder that……

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Hav'nt emailed in this week as does'nt seem much point. Still in there though, loads of effort last wweek and 3lb down to get to 14st1. Very pleased. Just another 6lb and I'll be 3st down.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Yup, lost another 2.3kg last week. I'm now at 170.7 don from 183.6kg since the beg of feb as i started a motnh late. Have stoped trying to email 18bikes. I even offered to take over from them, but they said no and ill do it themselves. it's a shame really.

bigG
    Free Member

Lost another two pounds last week, and also offered to take over the admin from 18bikes, but I didn't even get a response..

I'll keep on posting up when I get a chance, I can even offer a prize for the biggest loser next week. A homemade chocolate cake made by my own fair hands. Given the reaction from the Mrs each time I make one I get the impression it's rather good. (please note this prize is collect only)

G

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well, i might set up a new email address so everyone can then email it to me. If you send your orignal weight and your current weight I can that start doing it weekly. I'll always have enough time. If we want we can always chip in £10 each then who ever is the biggest loser can still get a nice prize at the end.

Stu_N

I'm down a stone now but stopped sending weights in when the emails stopped.

I started at 15st 3lb in Dec; this week was 14st 2 1/2 lb. Going for sub-14 by the end of May, should be doable methinks.

simonbowns
    Free Member

ian, i did think i'd emailed since for you to ake over, more than happy with that?

simonbowns
    Free Member

(that's me at 18 bikes btw)

ianpinder
    Free Member

Nope didn't recieve anything, unless it's ended up in the spam or junk mail. Will happily take it over. I'll sort it out tomorrow and email you.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I would be up for continuing – not lost anything in the last few weeks… momentum stalled (and waaaay too much beer). Hopefully the longer evenings can act as a stimulus though 🙂

forge197
    Free Member

I would be up for it continuing, when it was on in 2009 there were results weekly and a graph and I think that helped with the banter and general motivation

Let us know what/when the change of keeper is then maybe a relaunch is needed?

sundaywobbler

Must admit I failed to email in this week, had a weekend away. Lost 2 stone so far this year and hoping to keep going. got to get back on the bandwagon after a weekend of beer and food!

I'm still in and hoping it continues!

99percentchimp
    Free Member

Ian P – well done on volunteering for taking over (+ others)… I have been a bit slack over the last few weeks due to work pressure etc. but still want to continue (been trying not to let the weight creep back up).
    Count me in if you go on with this. Good on you for sticking with your weight loss efforts too.

I am still hoping to do the Dyfi this year (work permitting) although no where near my target weight for it (no where near racing snake levels of body fat – at least I'll be warm!)

ianpinder
    Free Member

OK Fat Club is back on, make sure you weigh yourself, the email will be sent in teh next couple of days

sundaywobbler

Good work ianpinder. Thanks for taking this on. Do we still need to send weights to 18bikes tomorrow or wait until you've got an email address set up?

ianpinder
    Free Member

Hold on to the weights but you will be asked to send them in

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

How's everyone done this week? I've knuckled down after my slight gain the week before and dropped into the 13st range. If I can get off 2lb this coming week I'll hit a major milestone so pretty motivated – also the sunny riding of the last week has really helped encourage me to do the miles.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 494 total)

The topic ‘18 Bikes FAT CLUB 2010 – anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.