Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 390 total)
  • 16 year old son smoking weed
  • duncancallum

Mint.

Glad to hear that you have a result

😂😂😂😂😂 yep TAFKASTR with your myriad posts of all of your uber expensive lifestyle you really do seem to be living the proper hippy dream 🙄

Where did I say I was living the hippy lifestyle? I bloody hate hippies

duckman

Good stuff, love a happy ending.

weeksy

That’s an absolutely fabulous update… Long may it continue.

I hope one day he can read this thread and see what you’ve gone through and were prepared to do for him, along with seeing how pleased we all are for both of you.

Super !

Mugboo

Well done to you all for finding a way through this, great news indeed.

Coyote
    Free Member

I couldn’t be more pleased for you! Thanks for a great start to my Friday.

matt_outandabout

I’m pleased for you and your boy.

Here’s to a bright future!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Excellent news OP. You should be proud of both yourself and your boy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good to hear some good news OP.

🙂

MoreCashThanDash

I was almost too scared to open this thread this morning, but what a fantastic, uplifting read.

There but for the grace of god…..

thegeneralist
    Free Member

I was almost too scared to open this thread this morning, but what a fantastic, uplifting read.

This.

Really really pleased for you OP.
    Got a tear in my eye, really have.

leffeboy

This.

Really really pleased for you OP.
    Got a tear in my eye, really have.

Im going to do a me too to all of that. That really is just the best news. I knew the thread when it popped up and was a little worried about opening it

ahsat

Great news 🙂

dthom3uk

Great news, long may it continue. Best of luck for the future.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Gleaming news.

👍

Edukator
    Free Member

🙂

rothdogg
    Free Member

That’s awesome news. You must be proud of your son for taking responsibility for his actions and turning his life around. Sounds like every parents nightmare, good to see it has had a positive outcome.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Sounds like he got his shit together, good for him! Must have been bloody tough giving up right now mind…

fossy

Great news.

twistedpencil

This is great news to start the weekend with. Really made up for you and your family 👊

seosamh77
    Free Member

fair play, good to hear.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I hope he eventually recognises how hard you’ve fought for him.

You’ve changed the entire trajectory of his life – that makes you the greatest of fathers.

jonesyboy

It’s got all dusty in the Jones households reading the comments, as for being the greatest parents, nope just incredibly stubborn. I’ve made plenty of mistakes parenting believe me!

I’ve got some really good friends who’ve been reliant on weed, and unfortunately none of them seem to be able to cope with the real world at all well. As for acid, a friend went to a party, a load of people took acid and someone ended up with their head caved in with a hammer. The attacker thought they were a Beatle.

As for getting kids to deal, that’s crap and sucks.

Jonesy jnr seems adamant never to go down this road again. It has cost me another bike in there long run though 😉

jonesyboy

Looking back at where we were through this thread has hit home. Christ he’s come a long way!

Sandwich

Great news on the lad getting himself sorted (a big well done for sticking the course and allowing the time for it to get right).

dudeofdoom

Yep great news,possibly best I’ve heard so far this year after the vaccine being rolled out 🙂

grtdkad
    Free Member

It’s a tricky one for me. But this is the critical bit now :

the high strength super skunks raise your risk factors for psychosis etc, particularly in the vulnerable (young).

Time for open, honest discussion about weed

So from experience it becomes like Russian Roulette…
    •Friend#1 hung him self (30yrs ago) when just 20, due to episodes of paranoia. At that point in time I hadn’t linked the mental health issues with his cannabis use.
    •Friend#2 teenage son ended up sectioned and not permitted to have contact with family due to risk to them and/or himself. He has improved now but is permanently medicated as a result.
    •ex-Boss’s 21yr old son was undergoing treatment for paranoia but local services were unable to find a safe bed for him overnight (he was in his Uni town). He jumped from Clifton Suspension Bridge.

That’s too many people “lost to cannabis” in my relatively small circle of friends.

MarkyG82

A bike down the line is a small price to pay.
    I honestly did realise how it can affect people. It obviously does different things to different people (as do a lot of thing) but the unregulated aspect make it very dangerous. And no, I’m not necessarily saying it needs to be legal. This part of the argument is probably why it is still in the illegal phase. I wouldn’t want to make that call.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Edit: have now read the full thread, I hadn’t appreciated that you’ve had this going on for twelve months.

Great to read that your lad has ‘evolved’

tall_martin

Congratulations to you!

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 390 total)

The topic ‘16 year old son smoking weed’ is closed to new replies.