• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

THE CURSE STRIKES AGAIN! Went to get out the big bike for more DH laps but the sidewall of the rear tyre was slashed. Took the hardtail out and lost my bloody tool roll from under the saddle somewhere. What a pain in the hoop.

I’m with mogrim – the Strava challenges all seem so small as to not be worth bothering. Looking at the ones recommeded for me there’s “Climb 978m in a week”, “Complete 50k of activity” and “2 activities a week for four weeks”.

scotroutes

I don’t get any “recommended” challenges, I just have a look to see what there is. For example, fir cycling there are monthly distance targets – 400km, 800km, 1,250km. There are cycling ascent targets – 7.500km. Lots of similar for running. I guess though that they are only “challenging” fir some of us.

Anyroadup, a wee 6km run this morning around some of the building sites in Aviemore – new flats, new housing development, a new hospital and a semi-permanent ice rink. That also got me a Garmin badge.

scotroutes

I don’t get any “recommended” challenges, I just have a look to see what there is. For example, for cycling there are monthly distance targets – 400km, 800km, 1,250km. There are cycling ascent targets – 7.500km. Lots of similar for running. I guess though that they are only “challenging” for some of us.

Anyroadup, a wee 6km run this morning around some of the building sites in Aviemore – new flats, new housing development, a new hospital and a semi-permanent ice rink. That also got me a Garmin badge.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ll add to that last post by saying I do use Strava to keep track of challenges I set myself, though. Usually it’s a mileage target for the year, which means using Strava to track my mileage weekly. As always, it helps with stuff like this to have a goal to work towards.

All those distance targets sound like genuinely difficult challenges, depending on where you are on your desire to ride bikes all the time.

twistedpencil

Covid has finally reached my home with my daughter testing positive today. What home workout videos are recommended for my 30minutes a day if I end up isolating?

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe a 30 minute yoga session with Kassandra or Ariene. I quite like Kassandras beginner sessions? Daughters mate has just tested positive but so far we are still negative.

Got a 52 mile road ride in this morning, pending Covid developments….

ahsat

Ok today this seems hard. First day in the two years I’ve done this where I’ve had a full, long day in the office and couldn’t cycle in due to timings and needing to be smart. And now I’m on the train home thinking how am I going to fit something in around also having a pizza and it being Friday night and just wanting to sit still!! I have already walked 10,000 steps as part of my commute; but given previous rules this doesn’t feel like it counts. Arghhhh…is the end so soon?!?

It’s looking like 9 pm Pilates…

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Zwift ramp test this morning, which only took 20mins but felt a lot longer. Gym this evening for an hour.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

What home workout videos are recommended for my 30minutes a day

I downloaded the first kettle bell app in the play store. it’s just called kettlebell, allows you to set a time and it will generate a workout.

I’ve also done a ascending/descending push up/sit up and squat. Do 1 of each, then 2, then 3 etc up to 10 then back down to 1. Takes about 30mins iirc.

This is the stretching routine I did, only 25mins but a bit of plank or some extra stretches will see you right.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Maybe get the mtb fitness plan and do the body weight version if you don’t have kit? Or for a quick burst I use joe wicks’ youtube videos- warm up 10 mins including mobility, 15 min video, 5 min cool down

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

I’ve started this way too hard! 100km sportive at weekend that was really 140km when we rode there and back, gym on Monday, long commute Tuesday and Wednesday so 2 hours a day, fast 5km run Thursday for no good reason and today 3hr15 on mtb. Week on Sunday I have a 95km gravel event so it’d be good to have an easy yoga day next week!
    If I keep this mileage up I might actually be ok when the xc season comes back round

twistedpencil

Thanks all for the tips, I’ve tested negative so far so I can play at Farmer John’s tomorrow. Think those yoga videos might be a good call, flexibility is something I should work on.

Ashat, did you get your 30minutes in?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

135 minutes at my outdoor gym.This is the most I’ve done since the start of the challenge.32 minutes each on push up and pull down machines.Also 160 sit ups and dips.I may struggle to walk tomorrow.
    On a lighter note a bag lady came and stood near my whilst exercising.She then started to set bits of paper on fire!Thankfully,she moved on after a while.By about 7.00pm, behaviour in the gardens was going down hill so I made my exit.
    Not really feeling a great enthusiasm this year for Lukes challenge…guess I,m going to have to force myself.I’ll try and keep his poor mate in mind and MTFU.

sirromj

Glad to see you’re still giving it a shot MCMD.

I’d planned some sort of upper body strength session for this evening but because I have a bit of a cold used the OH’s 3kg dumbbells for half an hour of high-rep arm/shoulders exercises. Switched to 5kg dumbbells for next 15 minutes with lower reps. Had a 1 minute timer between sets during which I various easy leg exercises etc.

ahsat

Ashat, did you get your 30minutes in?

Yes thanks to YoKaiser’s video and some Pilates in front of GBBO at 9 pm. Actually it was ideal – I clearly was very tight from the week at the computer, but was really quite tired.

Good news about the C19.

We are off biking and walking this weekend.

jimmy

Banked 40mins of yoga this morning. Soloing the childcare today so might not get anything else in.

MoreCashThanDash

4 mile walk with a mate this morning, to walk off the Big Breakfasts we’d eaten at Hassop Station.

Can someone confirm my maths that today is Day 10?

fathomer

@MoreCashThanDash I make it day 10.

jimster01

Back on the game now, managed to get over to the gym this morning for an hour. Hoping to get over for tomorrow morning,then a road ride in the afternoon.

fenlander
    Free Member

10 days done:

Day 6: v busy day, but forced myself to do 30 minutes trying not to fall off the rollers late in the evening
    Day 7: 30 minute rower in my lunchbreak, managed to get a bonus 20 miles on the road bike in the evening (beautiful day for it!)
    Day 8: 15 miles road bike
    Day 9: 25 miles road bike
    Day 10: 45 minutes on the rower in the morning, 20 miles on road bike this afternoon.

I’m keeping the cycling strictly zone 2 easy with a few cadence revs until I am sure I am over the injury that kept me off for so long. Going to do some intensity on the rowing erg instead – the Beginner Pete Plan. Quite tired but going to try to get some more miles in tomorrow as looking like it’ll be the last day of warm weather.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Yoga on Thurs with a new and somewhat different teacher. Ran yesterday and today. Generally feel very drained – someone taser me to life!

munrobiker
    Free Member

135 minutes at my outdoor gym.

Blooming heck, that sounds a long time. I’m impressed.

I’ve been on the train all night and all morning to get on my holidays so it might be yoga for the first time as a thing on its own tonight, but back at it with the bike tomorrow.

swavis

6.5 hours out hike-a-biking Ben Macdui and the Loch Etchachan descent, then over the shoulder of Bynack More. That’ll do for today 😁

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Working today, so two laps (walking) round the factory had to suffice. I’d do this quite often to get some steps in or some Kms if doing the Garmin challenges. Since my watch broke it’s just a bit on the boring side now. I’ll need to come up with something new.

mogrim

I was out marking the course yesterday for my club’s race tomorrow, lovely 4 hour hike in the mountains near here. And the rain held off, which was a surprise given the drive to the start! It was pretty cold at the highest point (just over 2100m) with an unpleasant wind, but at least it wasn’t raining 🙂

Today was a 45min Sufferfest video, a bit easier than it should have been as I seem to have messed up the FTP set up… still, hard enough and I was a very sweaty mess at the end of it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Full days graft up the scaffolding followed by Ulverston lantern procession. No specific exercise but bloody knackered so it counts

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sounds plenty tough to me stabiliser!Munro,it was a long time out there but I’ve been building up to it all summer.Trouble is it gives me a massive appetite which I don’t always feed with high quality food.It seems also, I do a lot less cycling because of weight training.Still anything to get away from the building sites.

jeffl

10k run today. Had to drag myself out as I was out on the ale last night so feeling a bit meeeh. But glad it did it.

kelvin

First day I’ve missed, as I’ve twisted my ankle and can’t put weight on it. Reply missed getting out, it must be said. Surprisingly so.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Group ride for me with two very fast uphill lads and one very very fast downhill lad so 3hrs of pushing it on both ends! Nice to ride with other people for a change, no way I’d have done all those climbs without.

Rich_s

I’ve had to have one day off so far. Done a few short rides, a few walks and a bit of supping all at very low intensity keeping heart rate down. Ended up on Thursday absolutely bone tired – I’d done 2.5 days work and the 30 mins each day on top just (I guess) wore me out. Still managed to walk the kids to school in the morning though.

The delights of long covid! (Or whatever it is)

Feeling much better; did 35 minute walk round the football pitches yesterday while eldest played, plus two 10 min rides to a park. Just hoping that I can keep this up this week.

scotroutes

70km road ride with a couple of mates. I was showing them the pleasures of the south side of Loch Ness. Strong headwind on the way to the Struie which made that bit a little tougher than it really had to be.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

The “short, gentle” ride today was more “up all the hills” but one of the group is in his 80s so he often walks up the hills and today I joined him. Have started taking the spatone and hopefully that will gee me up a bit.

jeffl

Walk along Curbar edge with the kids today.

Lankysprinter
    Free Member

Gym in the sunshine with the worlds road race on my phone for me. Not bad

MoreCashThanDash

All tested negative again today so out for 20 miles on the gravel bike.

jimster01

Just finished an hour on the road bike, wind’s picked up a bit from the morning,and mostly headwind home.

grim168
    Free Member

Not done today’s yet so gonna dig the kettlebells out. Not really feeling it but reading the latest posts is the kick up the arse I need

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

13 mile walk on Arran, couple of corbetts and a wee recce of the Mauvais Pas on A’chir ridge, for a future climb.

Then 5 hours in the Galloways navigating around a course for MRT training.

Soaked all weekend, phone succumbed to the rain too. Great weekend though.

jimmy

Riding with my 6yo daughter and pals today. Great times, not strenuous exercise but I was outside and moving for the best part of 4 hours so ✅

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.