• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • ahsat

Tuesday: pretty soul destroying walk round the local streets in the dark after work. With going to work and back on top I walked 6 miles in total.

Today: Majorca road climb on the turbo. Sweaty.

jimmy

Ran 5k today. It was arduous, torturous and slow.

scotroutes

slow.

6.01 ….

scotroutes

Another yoga session last night. Still at beginner level but this one involved a lot more movement/stretching. I think my Tree pose is coming along at last though.

5km walk round the village with Mrs S earlier today and then 33km out on the fatbike, inspecting some of the trails for windfall damage

jimmy

6.01 ….

I mean, there’s slow and there’s slow. It was definitely the run where I realised I’ll never match pace of yesteryear without some serious training.

sirromj

Tues: ~1 hour bodyweight exercise

Weds: 4 miles, 33 minutes Lunchtime run across fields from office – knee was already back to normal today but ankles were less than pleased – yes close to torturous – probably because I’ve upped my running trying for 10 miles a week for the rest of the year. Got on the bike afterwards to get lunch from shop – pedalling felt like bliss!

AndrewL

Hope everyone OK.

Rode home from work last night semi off road and ended up with all my layers on and big gloves

Car was left at work, so committed to ride back this morning over the tops from Sheffield, biting wind and 0c at the car after descending the road. Took a while to get functional hands again!

jimmy

I went swimming yesterday in the reservoir. Christ it was cold, didn’t do 30 mins but felt like 2 hours.

I don’t think I’ll get time to do anything today. Unless I sneak long lunch and go for a walk…. Aye

jimmy

5km walk done.

scotroutes

Day 80, so a quick catch-up…

Thursday was a walk with Mrs S after lunch at the Strathdearn Hub in Tomatin. We’ve been there a few times this year as it’s been a lot less busy than the Aviemore cafes. It feels both more pleasant and a bit “safer”.

Friday started with a dip in Loch Vaa. We’ve reached that point where air temperature is lower than water temperature but it doesn’t feel like that when you’re walking into a partially frozen loch!

Followed that up with a walk round Loch Morlich with Mrs S

Today was Global Fat Bike Day. There was some lovely fresh, fluffy snow this morning but by the time I got out this afternoon it had been raining and was mostly horrible, wet slush – at least until I got up near Glenmore.

Definitely feels like we’re counting down the days now!

ahsat

Thursday: pretty heavy gym session (still feeling it today!)
    Friday: Pilates
    Saturday: really feeling quite tired – family walk

scotroutes

really feeling quite tired

Yeah – I’ve had a few of those recently. I hope you’re not pushing yourself too hard/too soon!

jimmy

Visiting family in Durham today and spent most of it walking ~5 miles / 14k steps. A particularly nagging, draining cold persists so I’m feeling pooped with or without exercise. Would like to be well enough to finish this with aplomb but I seem to remember being the same every year – always suffering a cold for a few weeks to knock any benefit out of the whole challenge.

ahsat

Yeah I don’t know whether I’ve just had too much this week with exercise, work and trying to decorate our house.

Great photos Scotroutes. Good to see you and the Mrs, smiling.

Good luck Jimmy. Hope it passes asap. Love Durham – spent 13 years there.

sirromj

thurs: 30 minutes lunch time trials in the back garden.
    fri: 50 minutes bodyweight exercise.
    sat: 35 minutes trials in back garden.

I felt quite tired toward end of last week so taking things slightly easier this week. Keep intending to do yoga in the evening but having bouts of procrastination instead!

sirromj

Sun: While riding with the youngest on his balance bike in the car park I twisted awkwardly on one knee trackstanding with the front wheel turned to the other direction. Seems fine walking but twinges getting up after being sat still for a while. Decided to avoid the trials session and/or run I’d intended, to do an upper bodyweight strength session instead for an hour (including knee raises holding myself in the air on dips bars – so knee isn’t that bad).

scotroutes

Not a good day for Mrs S so I was confined to the house. Squeezed in a couple of short Zwift sessions to keep the streak going.

jimmy

Missed yesterday. Got back from Durham (via PCR centre) wiped out, my daughter and I coughing away. Got dinner out the way and collapsed in front of the telly with a hot toddy.

Awaiting PCR result now, will hopefully Yoga tonight.

scotroutes

Good luck with the test results!

AndrewL

Fingers crossed everyone and families feeling OK.

Last week for me:

Monday – Out on the bike over towards Holmesfield and back via big moor.

barbrook settling pond

Tuesday – walk through the woods

Wednesday – very cold ride back from work, over Froggat then finished back on the road

Thursday – commute back to work against the wind!

Friday – short run after work

Saturday – Dig morning at Lady Cannings for ride Sheffield.

Sunday – met friends for a ride round Ashover
    Ashover ride

jimmy

@AndrewL – Superb, I think I recognise that bridge – bottom of Vernon lane? Used to love the descent, it was the proper tester back on 50mm travel forks, 150mm stems etc. I think I’ve been in that river trying to ride through it, too.

And is that Barbrook reservoir? Never knew about it until this summer when my sis took me swimming there.

AndrewL

@jimmy – yes well spotted down at the bottom of the Vernon Lane descent – really nice route. Most of it holding out well but a bit squidgy down at the bottom.

Other photo is Barbrook, I swim there in the Summer but as I rode up the track to it this time some people were coming the other way who looked like they might have had a dip. I’ve seen people with hammers in the past getting the ice broken to get in – braver souls than me! More of a @scotroutes activity I think.

ahsat

Lovely photos @AndrewL

For me:
    Sunday – another family walk for our early Christmas, this time over the moor in the squally weather
    Monday – Pilates
    Tuesday – already done 15,000 steps to work and back; so a simple Z2 turbo session.

Hoping to get some off-road rides and gym for some of the week.

sirromj

Mon 6th: Half hour beginner yoga

Tue 7th: 15 minute beginner handstand follow along video, several sets of arm exercises with 5kg dumbells, a dash of yoga and breath.

Wed 8th: 30 minutes bike trials in afternoon trying brakeless – no speed, no danger, mostly wheels on the ground. 30 minutes in evening general exercise leading to more handstands against the wall.

scotroutes

We’ve had a few crappy days with Ms S’s wellbeing, including another night in hospital. As a result I’ve been relying on Zwift and a bit of yoga to keep my streak going. It does feel like I’m ending with a bit of a whimper and not a bang.

I did manage a wee walk up our local hill today though. An icy wind made it a bit chilly but also very envigorating.

ahsat

Scotroutes – turn that on its head – you should be proud what you are managing, during a very tough time.

It’s been a bit low key here too as needed to recover from the weekends tiredness. Another walk yesterday. This evening a good gym session. Just booked a PT update as feeling things are getting a bit easy.

jimmy

Whimpering out here too. Still floored with a cold and missed maybe 2 days this week. Yoga last night, walk up a local hill today. Sore throat throbbing away now.

I’ve decided to punch out. This week I was left wiped out by a little bug. Combined with having spent all day Saturday and Sunday skiing.

I could probably manage to drift through a couple of weeks of yoga. But that wasn’t really what I wanted from this. I’m going to recover a bit and get back to riding in prep for the festive 500.

sirromj

I’ve had to give up on my goal of running ten miles a week for the rest of the year (set since a few weeks back) to reach 300 miles running this year due to the knee issue I mentioned a few days ago. It’s not bad, back on the trials bike again for half an hour today, but I don’t think running would have been a good idea. Also bodyweight strength today but didn’t push myself due to the same old shoulder issue I’ve never got sorted. My distance riding is probably at the lowest it’s been for years.

Still we can’t all be elite athletes and it’s better we’re doing regular exercise than being couch potatoes etc!!

nickjb
    Free Member

Still going here. I did a night ride in the rain last night that I almost certainly would’ve wimped out of if I wasn’t doing the challenge. It was great.

Had a few ‘easy’ days with some walks but mostly its been decent exercise. I started running this year (first time since school, and I was shit at it then). Did 101km last month.

Hoping to make of to Christmas. Feeling fitter but often tired.

scotroutes

101km? Bloody good job!

I had a 7km.run this morning, just as the sun was breaking over the hills. FWIW, that’s around 9:30 at the moment. Still chilly at -3C too.

mogrim

Still going here too! (sort of: there have been a couple of days where a couple of hours total dog walking will have to count…)

Anyway this week I’ve been enjoying the sun on the Spanish coast before heading back to the rain in Madrid. Despite the country’s reputation it does get cold here but fortunately that wasn’t the case last weekend. Four days at the seaside meant 2 rides and 2 runs, since getting back I’ve done a couple more runs:

road bike

Lulu

boat

And the weather forecast’s not looking that bad for this weekend, so presumably up a mountain tomorrow and a bike ride on Sunday.

And of course: best wishes to everyone with illness/injury problems!

mogrim

Easy few hours out running today with a couple of mates, near “Phillip the 2nd’s Throne” (he of Spanish Armada fame). Supposedly he had the throne/seats carved out of the rock to allow him to sit in comfort and watch the progress of the building works of his massive palace: The Escorial. The seats themselves are carved into a big rock, with some facing his palace and some facing the other way. The palace is in the background of this photo:

Silla Felipe II

jimmy

Still floored by a bug. Walked enough on Friday (9km in two stints) just to complete the Montane GOAT challenge. Yesterday was finishing off the patio extension which has resulted in very achey back and limbs today so knocked out some yoga to try and relieve that.

I’m officially out, but still trying

ahsat

Still here and counting down the days. Determined to make it.

Friday – walk up the hill; it’s always better than nothing
    Saturday – very damp gravel/light xc ride in the Dales with our local woman-led group
    Sunday – 25 mile mtb ride with another woman led group.

Tank pretty empty but very happy.

scotroutes

Saturday – spent most of the day in/returning from Crieff so was on Zwift completing one of the badge hunts.

Sunday – met up with @metalheart for a long-overdue catch-up so we wandered up Craigellachie before a bit of lunch at Tisos.

12 days of Christmas still to do* 🙂

(Yes, I know 25th is actually the first day)

sirromj

I’ve gone a bit off the boil on this now. Missed my first day yesterday. Knee last week, then shoulder, now toes seem to have some random achey thing going on.

Friday: 50 minutes in the car park on trials bike chasing oldest son around in circles and trackstands in all foot and handlebar position combinations.

Sunday: 30 minutes in the car park on trials bike tried chasing oldest son around in circles by he wasn’t that interested today. So practised turning around while hopping on the rear wheel amongst other things.

AndrewL

Nice photos Scotroutes & Mogrim.

Last week for me was a bit less active than before. Combination of weather and feeling a bit run down. Hope everyone else is doing OK with what’s going on.

Monday – run round the woods
    Tuesday – bit of a local ride
    piper house

Wednesday – intended to ride home but work busy and sleeting heavily so went for a stroll
    Thursday – again a bit of a walk after work
    Friday – ditto – running theme for week!
    Saturday – run after work
    Sunday – lethargic bike ride but nice to get some fresh air
    Blackamoor

ahsat

Monday – Pilates. Was running a bit on low after biking over the weekend.
    Tuesday – garage gym. Added 10 kg to my squat. Ha – I knew about it!

10 days to go…

AndrewL

Good effort @ahsat

I’m off work this week, run on Monday, ride yesterday from Calver.
    view to Longstone

eyam descent

A walk around Burbage today

Burbage

Nearly there

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.