Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 367 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • Premier Icon thestabiliser
    Free Member

Went for a run over the fell tonight, just to ensure I’m crippled for the 16th

Premier Icon scotroutes

A link to last years challenge.

100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas

Makes for some interesting – and very useful – reading. Ideas for exercise, advice on health and recovery, various comments about the weather and the inevitable Covid impact.

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

After a big weight training session on Sunday I thought I would do some stretches.Note to self,stretching when cold will result in a pulled muscle!🤬

Premier Icon ahsat

I walked to work and back yesterday in smart work boots for the first time since March 2020; and I’ve give myself shin splints ahead of this. Hahaha! Thankfully I don’t run!

Premier Icon inbred853

I’m in, just joined Strava as well.
    Q – what workout do I use for a spinning session as there is no indoor cycling that I can see on Strava? Workout?

Premier Icon mjsmke
    Free Member

How does everyone find the time? Some days I barely get time to stretch properly.

Premier Icon ahsat

Q – what workout do I use for a spinning session as there is no indoor cycling that I can see on Strava? Workout?

There is one called ‘virtual ride’

Premier Icon Lankysprinter
    Free Member

This starts on the 16th right? The strava group seems to be logging rides already but I’ll take it as I do more early in the week and less as it goes on

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Tempted.

What do you lot do on a rest day, after a particularly hard day, to keep it going? Is a 30 minute walk fair game?.

That’s my only issue really with it, understanding the importance of rest days. I did the marcothon before, 5k a day, and ended up just really doing 5k a day, it ended up not being very good for my fitness.

Premier Icon jimmy

How does everyone find the time?

That’s the challenge!

Is a 30 minute walk fair game?.

Yes. Or Yoga / Pilates.

Premier Icon ahsat

What Jimmy said. Walks definitely count and are also in part an answer to

How does everyone find the time?

Walk to shops, rather than taking the car. Walk home from the post office, the long way. Suddenly you only need to find an extra 15 mins.

Premier Icon mogrim

What do you lot do on a rest day, after a particularly hard day, to keep it going? Is a 30 minute walk fair game?.

Last year I’d do a 30min spin on the turbo at a low power setting, or maybe as you say a walk. Again, if it’s a walk you wouldn’t normally have done I reckon it’s fine.

Free Member

30 minute spin on the ebike count? 😉😂

Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

I walk the day at least every morning as a matter of course for 30 minutes, so it looks like I’ll achieve this without even doing anything (different).

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Booked onto my first velodrome session in over 2 years tonight. Good chance I’ll be dead before this starts tomorrow

Premier Icon kelvin

That’s the challenge!

And the motivation. A promise to yourself to put a small amount of daily exercise into each day. There’s more to do everyday than there is time to do it. Not letting the exercise be pushed to one side is the challenge and sharing that with others is part of the motivation.

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s rare that I’ll go for a walk or have a specific rest day. Maybe once a week I’ll have a gentle bike ride (historically I’ve done it mostly on the bike, because bikes are ace). I haven’t done yoga or stretches. I suspect this depends where you’re starting from – if you’re average fitness then soft pedalling twice a week may be essential.

Premier Icon inbred853

@ahsat, can’t see Virtual Ride on my phone app, it’s just got ride.
    New to Strava, so might not be looking in the right place, also not on any subscription, would that be the answer?

Premier Icon mogrim

can’t see Virtual Ride on my phone app, it’s just got ride.

Think it’s just a normal ride, then you change it to virtual after. But AFAIK that will use the GPS, with a weird indoor track that’ll be all over the place. I’d use Workout.

Premier Icon ahsat

Ah I don’t use Strava to record my activities. I use my Garmin and then upload it to Strava. Then I change stuff to virtual ride, etc, after it’s uploaded.

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Would love to start swimming but I,m wondering if it’s going to be like the first day in primary school!

Premier Icon Creg
    Free Member

I aimed to do this last year but didn’t due to injury/couldn’t be arsed.

Picked it up instead on January 1st and cycled every day for 1hr minimum until sometime mid May when I spannered my knee and had to take time off. Lost my motivation after that.

Definitely going to try again. I’ve piled the weight on and my fitness has dropped a lot.

Premier Icon ahsat

Well it’s started well for me. I couldn’t get back to sleep after @p20’s early alarm. So after some efforts to wake up, totally as a result of this challenge, I’ve spun round the local gravel for half an hour. Back by 8 am 🙂

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT37J1XsiUP/?utm_medium=copy_link

Free Member

Bugger it, I’m in. My exercise has been too sporadic for a while, need some structure.

Premier Icon kelvin

It was much easier to get out before work this morning (despite a late night of drinking and a gig) because of the weather/light. When we get to the proper winter dark, wet, cold days this is going to get tough.

Free Member

Hat, long sleeves, zone 2 runs, nae bother 😉

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ll not post an image daily, but it was a cracker of a morning. Went up Allermuir behind Edinburgh on my mince machine (and got a Strava top 10 on the climb from Bonaly, despite stopping for a few minutes to hold a gate for someone who then stopped to faff in their bag!) – you can see in the photo how cool it is. We have a 500m hill with tough trails on it, and you can see the city from every point on the ride.

12 miles, just over an hour. Had a lovely time.

Premier Icon thestabiliser
    Free Member

My first day effort

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/9c7tKun5Ajb

Might do some stretches, sit-ups bodyweight stuff later but very easy

Free Member

Good pace sir. 💪🏻

Premier Icon thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ta but it’s cheating really, two short sharp climbs and 3/4 of it steadily downhill. (Used to run the other way, was purgatory!,🤦)

Premier Icon momo

Day 1 done for me, 52km/2 hours on the road

Premier Icon mogrim

First visit to the gym in over a year, this is going to hurt tomorrow 🙂

Still, all part of the plan – do at least 2 sessions / week to improve my trail running.

Premier Icon twistedpencil

Day 1 done at 7am this morning as 8m in the road for the rest of the day. Will be using non bike days to push the press ups and sit ups.  May give this yoga ago after all the positive chat about it last year.

Premier Icon Houns

Rode bike the long way to local for a couple of lunchtime pints.

Shall dust off the turbo later

Started off well 😂

Premier Icon jimmy

Rode last night so started the challenge with a reservoir swim. Definitely getting colder now.

Premier Icon scotroutes

Ta but it’s cheating really,

It’s only cheating if you’re using an e-bike 😉

Premier Icon YoKaiser

30 mins on the indoor bike with the rather apt Getting back to the peloton sesh. I also managed a quick walk last night at the back of 12 in case I couldn’t be bothered getting out of bed today, bit early to be relying on the walks though.

Premier Icon Rich_s

50 mins on the SUP. Boom.

It’s all downhill from here.

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

@houns – actually riding a bike? Using a turbo? Who even are you?

One downside to today’s ride – got stung by a bloody wasp 😡

Premier Icon 10

I started yesterday so I have something to post this morning! It’s exciting!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CT4jmeirLBE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nice sunny day, I got a bit of sunburn. Just over an hour on dusty trails on the MTB.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 367 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.