• This topic has 889 replies, 89 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by loum.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 890 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Xmas
  • kingofthetoys

I’ve failed, a full day of boozing for the courteeners gig on Saturday wrote me off for 3 days. Still going to try and carry on though.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Nice picture that scotroutes,where abouts is it?

ahsat

Hope the Mrs is ok Scotroutes

The long, off-road 1hr commute option for me today. Could still feel Sunday in my legs. Got my food in a right muddle – felt so hungry by home time things ached. Too wet, hungry and tired to do the slog back up the hill home, so jumped on the train. Magicked up a pretty good dinner seeing the fridge is pretty much empty and feeling a lot better!

fenlander
    Free Member

Great to see all of your making it out.

Day 11 (Sunday): Interupted by kids needs so just 20 minutes on the rower; then a 45 minute brisk walk whilst they did activities.

Day 12 (Monday): Feeling pretty tired, so just a gentle 1 hour on the road bike after work, fettling with cleat position. Lovely evening, but the first one with a proper early autumn chill.

Day 13 (Tuesday) Long work day, but forced myself to do 30 minutes on the rower late this evening. Before this challenge I probably would have poured myself a cold one!

Its definitely becoming more of a habit… lets see.

timf

Missed a day today, for the first time , my mother needed a lot of care, plus busy WFH day at ‘work’ and this had to take second place – after all its just a challenge.

scotroutes

@monkeycmonkeydo – Moray Firth from the Castle Stuart golf course.

@ahsat
    – Second chemo session today 🙁

@timf
    – You’re right – priorities. But remember you’re also no good to anyone if you don’t look after yourself too.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Club run today in the pouring rain, good thing about running is that as long as the footing is OK you can carry on…

ahsat

@scotroutes – ah fe*k. All the very best to you and the Mrs.

swavis

It was our annual end of summer bivi last night so that got yesterdays effort in but it was only a 20 minute spin down through Macallan on the way home so I’ll maybe just do an extended dog walk later this evening.

Aye, all the best to you and Mim Colin.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Second what ahsat says, all the best buddy.

90 mins on the ebike last night, as there were some awesome clouds about, which promised a lovely sunset, and a couple of e-segments to keep me honest.

I’ll run at lunch today, it’s tomorrow that’s the challenge, first day back uni day release, it’s a long day, 9-8 and 40 mins drive away in Glasgow, so I’m not home til nigh on 9pm.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

4 miles at lunch today, pissed rain for 2nd half, magic.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Gym yesterday and Zwift today. Which looks like the formula for the next couple of days too. Need to diversify at the weekend.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@YoKaiser fancy parkrun on saturday?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

parkrun on saturday?

@Nobeerinthefridge
    Wee man has athletics at the same time unfortunately. I’ll get back to you. Would be good to get one or two in for this.

I’m possibly going walking on Sunday if you are interested. Two of the Lawers range hills unless it is chucking it down.

scotroutes

One of those this might be the last good day days.

Headed out to Grantown for a scone and coffee and decided to extend the return via Rynettin and Ryvoan.

AndrewL

Rode home from work – who has turned autumn on?

onehundredthidiot

12km dog walk. I rode it 400m of climbing made a top 10 top 2 and hit 4climbing pbs out of 4. Was 4°C on slow roll back down (to let dogs have an easy return).

mogrim

Weight session at lunchtime, then did one of the new (ex-Sufferfest) Systm videos this evening, a lovely ride up a climb in the Pyrenees. Really enjoyed it, even the over-unders at the end. Run tomorrow.

P20

I’m out. I’m kind of amazed I got this far to be honest, not my kind of thing to try. I just could not be bothered. Extending the commute would probably have been the easiest option, but I didn’t fancy that either.

I have taken on doing some additional exercise and can feel the benefit, so it’s not a complete loss!

fenlander
    Free Member

Day 14: Knew it was going to be a long work day, so managed to sneak in 25 minutes on the rower before the first zoom call of the day as insurance. In the end was also able to get out for a quick spin on the road bike after work as well.

First ride with a long-sleeve baselayer, and really I should have worn long finger gloves and bib longs too, was a bit chilly by the end.

jeffl

Out on the bike for a couple of hours after work. Figured I’d better get out whilst the weather was nice. Lovely evening, but for properly nippy when the sun went down. Autumn is definitely here.

autumn trees

Sunset

Sunset

sirromj

A quick half hour on the trials bike this afternoon, with my 2.75yo spotter on his balance bike. Not pushing anything, just back to things not practised for a while. Upper body strength this evening. Combination of bodyweight and weights (eg a 18kg hunk of railway metal), an hour and bit inc. warm up & cool down.

twistedpencil

Ooof! Covid hasn’t got me yet, though another child is positive now, but falling off a skateboard has just winded me and likely stopped the press ups and sit ups for a while…  May be just a few gentle rides whilst I work out just what I’ve done to my upper body.  One minute I was carving lines on the flat, next minute sat on my arse gasping for air and being asked if I was okay 😀.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Took the new kayak (Gumotex as recommended on another thread here) out on the canal for its maiden voyage and saw a water rat (vole?) swimming across with a leaf in its mouth. Was out for a couple of hours and then back home as was booked in for a fitness class and a weights class (30″ each).
    Didn’t take the phone out to take pretty canal pics as was paranoid I’d drop it in 😉

Weather turned this afternoon. It was gorgeous this morning, unfortunately meetings conspired to prevent me from getting out at lunchtime. So I missed out on riding but went for 1/2 hour evening walk with the family. It was probably well timed really, I’d been trying to ride as often as I could the past few days, and I have been feeling a little tired. Haven’t missed any days yet.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Got the “long” (10mi) run done today. Luckily the dog has had some teeth out and so won’t be wanting much of a walk… (Poor boy, but gum infections are hell on an old dog’s kidneys, so it’s for the best).

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Despite being my long uni day, had a lovely sunset run out through Glasgows east end, through Glasgow green and along the Clyde.

Braw.

mogrim

Failed to do the run, I’d forgotten we’d booked the car in for a service and I had to pick my wife up at midday. So I did an easy 40min Systm ride after work, which was probably for the best as my legs were definitely tired.

Run tomorrow, hopefully 🙂

ahsat

Yesterday an hour walk with my brother, who I haven’t seen for months. Really lovely. And this challenge got us up from just eating biscuits and tea.

Tonight back to Pilates with Nicole that I used last year. Wow I’m not in Pilates shape. Things burned!!

Tomorrow I’ve got a PT session. Hoping to get back to the barbell after a 10 month COVID layoff. Time to get some strength and power back over winter.

scotroutes

32km MTB on a night that definitely felt like Autumn. After months of dry weather the wet roots were a bit wild.

Masses of pine needles washed up on the wee beach at Loch Garten

And then a couple of post-ride beers at the Winky.

jeffl

Wet 5k run yesterday evening. Thought I’d feel rubbish but felt surprisingly easy.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Yesterday was the gym and this morning was Zwift. I’ve the gym booked for this evening and I’m debating whether to go or no. Definitely think I’ll take a bit of a down day tomorrow, maybe a recovery ride and a bit of stretching.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

An hour on the road Bike Wednesday
    Just a walk with a can of hobgoblin last night to decompress after a crazy day
    Run at lunchtime today

Who knows what the weekend will bring!

swavis

Managed a quick 40 minute spin trying out my new front tyre yesterday afternoon.

It’ll most likely be a Zwift or extended dog walk this evening.

MoreCashThanDash

Lunchtime walk with my eldest. Tomorrow I’m taking him to start uni and I’m really going to miss spending time with him like that.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Morning cycle along the river with my Friday cycling buddy who’s been AWOL due to work pressure, great to catch up.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

45 minute walk along the Tees.I,m close to rapping this in with all the noise I,m getting.Perhaps come back next year when my situation is more bearable. All the best to Mrs scotroutes by the way.

fenlander
    Free Member

Day 15 (Thursday): 40 minutes on the rower during lunch break
    Day 16 (Friday): 25 miles sunset ride on the road bike. After a wet and blustery day the wind dropped and the sun came out and it was an absolutely stunning evening for riding.

Very inspired by everyone’s efforts and kudos and best wishes to those keeping it going in difficult family circumstances.

kelvin

I really feel like I’m missing out now. Was loving doing the everyday thing… really sorted my head out.

mogrim

Slow run today, it was a fair bit hotter than I expected. But that’s the day done, beer now 🙂

@kelvin
    just join in, you can keep going until Jan 16th to make up for it. And a fair few of us will probably keep going after Christmas too.

And: 400!

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 890 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Xmas’ is closed to new replies.