Home Forums Bike Forum 100 Cols?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 100 Cols?
  • boblo
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago my chums and I did the Route de Grande Alpes –  Thonon les Bains to Nice. I’ve also been over a few times hoovering up some of the well known cols often used during Le Tour.

We met a mad Belgique (are there any other types?) who was doing the ‘100 Cols’. I’d not heard of it, considered it or even given it a moments thought – and now the seed is planted…

Anybody on here completed it or had a go and failed? Any war stories, convoluted dog ate my homework excuses or golden lessons learned for the future poor saps also potentially giving it a go?

richpips
    Free Member

This one? – https://www.100cols.nl/

My son had a go at it last year though crashed out on the Bonette 1900 miles in. He’s planning on going back out and finishing it at some stage.

boblo
    Free Member

Yes, that’s the one. Seems mainly Cloggies and Belgiques doing it with the odd nutter from other Countries. Hope your lad is OK. You’re often at ~50mph descending and coming off in lycra doesn’t bear thinking about.

richpips
    Free Member

Thanks, he was lucky and came off with plenty of gravel rash, but no broken bones thankfully. He did say that the heat was hard to deal with. He did a few night shifts on the bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.