Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • X-Fusion Vengeance forks?
  • crumpygrunt
    Free Member

Hi all and Merry Xmas!

I’m considering swapping out my Fox 32 forks on my Five for something a bit chunkier. Apart from the usual suspects: 36’s or Lyrik’s, has anyone got any experience with the X-Fusion Vengeance’s?

They seem like good value for money (still not cheap tho) and look ok, but I just haven’t heard much about X-Fusion. No-one in the UK seems to have the 2013 range yet but I wonder if they’d be worth a shot? An old review mentions they are aimed at heavier riders, which would be good for me as I’m 6’4″ and 100kg!

Any info or reviews from guys that have them or have had a shot of a bike with them fitted would be great. Many thanks.

batman11
    Free Member

Hi buddy merry Xmas to,you. Can’t give a definitive answer, but I’ve just got as I’ve a second hand pair from a 2012 pitch I think there basic coil and rebound only and only done a few rides on them but I have gotta say there very nice smooth very controlled, I’ve got a couple of buddy’s who have the velvet 140 and there very nice for the money air of cause but supple as you like. All in all I have got to say I would go for it the 2013 versions are looking very nice with upgraded coatings on the stantions etc I will deffernatly consider them when I next change frames or bikes etc I for one am sick of spending crap loads of money on forks etc and not really getting anymore benefited from them my foxes re very harsh compared but then travel is 50 mm more and coil vs air etc. all in all worth a major consideration I recon.
    Hope that ramble helps a bit lol
    Bats.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve had a set of 2011 model Vengeances for about a year and have been really pleased with them. They’re the HLR model, 160mm travel with the allen key dropouts, not maxle type.

First impressions were very positive – finish is fantastic, all the adjusters etc etc have a very definitive feel to them and each click does something.

Once they bed in they’re nice and plush, really stiff and so far have proven to be really reliable.

Only downsides are the lack of maxle and they’re quite tall compared to equivalent fox etc. Both of these were addressed for 2012 though so if you buy new you should be OK.

There are some good reviews by stw, bikeradar and pinkbike if you haven’t already seen them.

I really like the brand and their new forks are coming with some nice bits and pieces – one piece crowns, “kashima” etc so I’ll probably stick with them for my next set of forks and probably a vector hlr air shock.

If you’re in the lakes give me a shout and you can have a look at mine.

superfli
    Free Member

As ivandobski. 2011 hlr on my heckler. They are very smooth and the rebound&comp damping has a real noticeable change on each click. Comp has high and low speed damping, great for low speed plushness yet ramping up nicely for the big hits. Very stiff fork but be aware that 2011 model is more like 170 length axle2crown although 160 travel. Does mean they are 650b compatible.

flowerman
    Free Member

My mate runs them for downhill (170mm). They are very stiff but are quite heavy (especially for a five) and there are no adjustments you can make apart from rebound, without taking the whole fork apart which he found annoying.

crumpygrunt
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies. Seems they could be a real contender then.
    Had heard they had a longer axle to crown than 36’s but the internal adjustment seems a good idea too.
    I believe the 2013 models will have a 20mm Syntace bolt thru axle, which should be ok.
    Look the biz on your Heckler superfli!
    Thanks again guys 🙂

IvanDobski
    Free Member

On my Blur at 160mm…

Cheezpleez

I also have 2011 HLRs. Replaced a Wotan and is better in every way (except perhaps stiffness, but still plenty stiff). Definitely recommended

souldrummer
    Free Member

Upgrade Bikes are showing a stock of the RC model but are on back order for the more upmarket ones. I also think I read somewhere that you can get them custom tuned by Upgrade, but that might just be the rear shocks.

matt1986
    Free Member

I’m getting some at the end of next month on my norco range they seem to get great reviews and this years comes with there version of kashima coating on as well. If your still looking for more info when I get mine ill let you know how they ride.

crumpygrunt
    Free Member

Cheers Matt, would be interested in what you make of them 😉

ampthill

Are there places that service these forks? Are all spares available?

batman11
    Free Member

At a guess upgrade do the servicing as they bring them in the country but that is a guess!

crumpygrunt
    Free Member

yeah, that’s what I ‘presumed’ batman, but it would be a good idea to find out for sure. Also, if spare parts have to be shipped from the US/Taiwan to Upgrade etc, if something goes wrong it could be a fair while without forks…but I’m just guessing too! All things to consider…

spev

I’ve got 170mm hlr’s on my mega, great fork and highly recommended.
    Upgrade do the servicing in house ( your local dealer will have access to the info )

ampthill

I ask because a facebook friend was ranting about not being able to get a set of Fusion forks serviced

superfli
    Free Member

Lowers are easy peasy to service yourself with the manual available online. For a 100hr damper service, Upgrade will be the people to do the deed. I’ve not had to enquire about spares before, and maybe the lack of responses is a good thing?!

hora
    Free Member

Whens 2013 out??? They all say 2012 forks online!

I want the HLRs but air or coil? I will run thrm at 140mm and Im 100kgs.

batman11
    Free Member

I’ve seen that some of the 2013 stuff is out mid/end of February, recon be best to give upgrade a call tomorrow.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Coil forks aren’t travel adjustable I don’t think. The air spring HLR is adjustable 170mm down to 80mm. Just got a set myself but not had a chance to ride them yet.

hora
    Free Member

Gee where from/how much

geetee1972
    Free Member

Got mine from Pedal & Spoke, but they just rang up and ordered them from the distributor. I paid RRP less 10% so £600.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Vengeance forks?’ is closed to new replies.