Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 241 total)
  • Worst town in Britain
  • tazzymtb

LONDON, most of the housing is like the sh*t bits of wolverhampton but 10 times more expensive.

Wrexham- chav central

Ellsmere port- full of plastic scousers as is most of the wirral

Stoke on trent – the people are so proud to be ignorant, parochial tossers (see tons comments about pit towns)

chester is actually rather nice, having lived there and moved all over the uk it's still alot better than a lot of towns and cities.

cranberry
    Free Member

Grangetown – the arse end of Middlesbrough.

deluded
    Free Member

Particular dislike of Blackpool. Went there on a stag-do. An absolute infernal hell hole. A true abscess on Satan’s under-crackers of a place.

If I’m northbound from Bristol (apart from Wales) I generally put my foot down to reach my destination as soon as possible. Having said that, it is hard to think of one redeeming quality that Bridgewater possesses. Maybe it’s proximity to the Quantocks – at a push?

A mate that’s just transferred down from Leeds mentioned a place named Gipton? Having heard his horror stories of that location I’ll be sure to give it a wide berth.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

gipton is one of many shyteholes in the dump that is leeds….. 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Always had to be one knob who said Liverpool and even quoted a reference, these southerners (as they invariably always are) have never been here and are probably way too scared to because of all us frightening scouse 'ruffians'…..

tazzymtb
    backhander
    Free Member

Always had to be one knob who said Liverpool and even quoted a reference, these southerners (as they invariably always are) have never been here and are probably way too scared to because of all us frightening scouse 'ruffians'…..

Dry your eyes petal.

white101

Places I have recently worked or passed through (quickly)

Blackpool is just horrible
    Cleator Moor is as bleak as it gets
    M'Boro….oh god!
    Blyth is desolate
    Peterborough was a stinker of a town
    Mablethorpe…the long road to hell

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

im from london,i was workin in the wirral when the open golf was on,the wirral is were scousers aspire to live,it wasnt a hole…but where were all the pretty women?? bob pecker had fun that week.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Pretty much all towns are the same. If you were to be blind folded and dropped into a town centre you would be hard pushed to to tell the difference. Not all are shite holes though but they all seem to be copies of each other these days.

Generic towns

What makes a town bad isn't the shopfronts or block paving – it's what's behind that, the architecture, the people, the local facilities. The stinking factories chucking out fumes (think Bridgewater and Port Talbot. The crime rate, social deprivation or availability of jobs.

Towns in the UK are far from generic in my opinion – if they were then there would be far less correlation than ther is in housing prices.

backhander
    Free Member

Ooh, Port Talbot is pretty bad too.

Kramer
    Free Member

Mansfield, Sutton in Ashfield both pretty bad.

djglover
    Free Member

Middlesbrough, and I'm from there.

London is too big to just say London, its a collection of towns some are great, other bits are just as bad a toilet as Middlesbrough. I live in one of the good bits 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Brownhills – complete puss-filled septic derelict infested heaving mass of vileness

kinda666
    Free Member

Is brownhills a town though iDave?? The avenues are RAF though!

piha
    Free Member

Clapton, London's murder mile.Doesn't have a whole lot going for it and is not the kind of place you aspire to!

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

…..Go to Merthyr town centre, have a cup of tea in the bus station cafe and then think of the mountains and forests of GC. Having said that, it's been 10 years since I was there so maybe it's got better

Err – no it hasn't.

On the way to Cardiff got my wife to chuck me out at Brecon so that I could do a ride in the Beacons and then go onto Cardiff via the Taff Trail.

The initial part of the ride was beautiful and then I came to Merthyr…

Oh Dear! There were druggies, drunks and motorbikes on the trail and I was chased by a bunch of kids who wanted to "borrow" my bike! But the worst bit was a section where there was a 20 ft bank up to some council houses. The locals were just throwing their rubbish down the bank and it had built up to such an extent that you couldn't see the ground. A solid 20ft wall of filth. It looked just like the rubbish face of an open tip.

erbii
    Free Member

The Wirral is a peninsula..LOL!

Garry_Lager

Think there are very few total shitholes in the UK – I'm optimistic like that. Most towns mentioned have their good parts. That said, parts of Liverpool and Glasgow stand out to me as being just a bit different, containing some people who truly are beyond help. I always held the scallies as undisputed kings of the UK underclass, but since moving up to Scotland I reckon the Glasgae Neds could contest things.

Only a moron would describe two big, historic cities like Liverpool or Glasgow as shitholes. But places there like Easterhouse, or Kensington are extremely bad. Transplant your typical Southern England chav onto the streets of Kenny and they'd feel like an extra in a George Romero zombie film.

hh45
    Free Member

There are lots of others – Swindon, Bracknall, all Medway towns, most of Oxford, Aylesbury, Luton, all of east kent except perhaps Whitstable. I guess these places are at least near to decent places to work and ride so living there could be tolerated (but still, why not move?) whereas if you live in a lancashire ex mill / industrial town say, all your nearby towns are crap as well.

It is rather sad how much of this supposedly affluent country is pretty much uninhabitable. No wonder everyone wants to move to the west country (Bridgewater excepted).

Garry_Lager

It is rather sad how much of this supposedly affluent country is pretty much uninhabitable. No wonder everyone wants to move to the west country (Bridgewater excepted).

LOL. Where do you want to live when you grow up?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Great Yarmouth – last time I went was in the middle of January so probably didn't see it at its best time but I've NEVER been to anywhere in the UK where there are wild dogs running around, burned out cars left on the street and general port debris blowing down the streets. Its no wonder the road to get there is so bad, nobody wants outsiders to see it.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Weston Super Mare

Desolate.

voodoo_chile

worked all over the uk and find liverpool isnt that bad

CriticalThinker
    Free Member

Easy ……. its got to be Brynmawr, South Wales; although Newton Aycliffe or 'Mutant' Aycliffe runs it a very close second 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ffestiniog isn't brilliant either. Random people fighting in the street last time I drove through in the middle of the afternoon. I suspect there is a LOT worse in south Wales though!

deluded
    Free Member

Weston Super Mare

Desolate

Get on. You've obviously never enjoyed the delights of Sands Nightclub on a Saturday night. That epicurean epicentre of high cultural.

Carbis

Redruth in Cornwall, there's a local saying that nothing good ever came out of Redruth. Best described as the a*s end of a sh*t hole.

epicyclo

0pt1cal – Member
    Falkirk is the arse hole of Scotland.

I presume you passed through 🙂

This is a typical Pommy thread – worrying about the negative rather than the positive.

I don't venture into Southernland much, but most places seem pretty good to me. I dislike large cities, but there seem to be plenty nice places even in those.

white101

OH yes how did I forget that day trip to Great (sic) Yarmouth……my god it made Blackpool look like Monaco.
    That main drag up to the sea front from the town centre was a picture of health the day I strolled up it. Picture the scene, 2 tonne of blubber poured into ( with no degree of skill) a catsuit (lurid pink) screeming at her mate 'wheres the facking chippy? I'm starvinnnn'

Bing
    Free Member

8OiDave – Member
    Brownhills – complete puss-filled septic derelict infested heaving mass of vileness

Posted 57 minutes ago # Report-Post
    kinda666 – Member
    Is brownhills a town though iDave?? The avenues are RAF though!

Thats close to home!

BLOXWICH is where its at!
    Google "the hells mouth of sh*t filled ar*e near Walsall dumping ground for the turgid waste of Birminghams wasters" and you wont be far out! 🙂

Welcome! 😯

fubar
    Free Member

I've been born, lived and worked in many of those northern towns mentioned and none compare to the time I spent around the east end of london , the areas of Poplar and then Barking. (god I hope I never have to go back to Poplar – do they know what a tree or blade of grass is)

Goz
    Free Member

Holyhead, Cinderford, Dursley, Newquay….still thinking of more!

ebygomm
    Free Member

Mansfield, Sutton in Ashfield both pretty bad.

I think they look quite good when you compare them to Kirkby!

surfer
    Free Member

the fact is that Liverpool remains the roughest Local Authority Area based on the UK National Indicies of Deprivation, which measures how skint people are and how thick they are (amongst other less interesting measures)

If Liverpool was a town then maybe your point would be relevant, its not, which possibly puts you amongst the "thick" people you refer to.

Bing
    Free Member

Gotta love where ya live!
    Never forget ya roots!
    Ya can tek the man outa Bloco but ya can never tek the Bloco out the man!
    Im still…. Im still…. Bing from the block!

PS only a few miles from our local trails…. where the locals earn their keep nicking bikes!

kinda666
    Free Member

Your right with your description of Blocco Bing, bought up in Pelsall so i was sandwiched between Blocco and Brownhills! 👿

Bing
    Free Member

Holy cr*p that might be worse than me!

You must only be up the road from me then…… have ya locked ya car?

samuri
    Free Member

I'll second Leigh, and I live there. In fact, the general area(which used to have many pits), is now just one huge stinking big one. Like all these things, it's the people that make the place and it really is filled with such brain dead idiots that half the time you do a double take to check if they're playing with you or not.

All cities are shitholes really though, it's not their fault nor the people who live there. The problem with a city is that you invariably get many people who live there who by circumstance or choice, never leave it, so become insular and suspicious of anywhere else. I found scousers are often this was because so many of them could not justify the expense of visiting somewhere else whereas cockneys because they think London is so great.

kinda666
    Free Member

Moved to Wolvo now so no better off! Coalpool was once dubbed the worst estate in England, Bet Goscote was 2nd!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 241 total)

The topic ‘Worst town in Britain’ is closed to new replies.