Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Why is everyone so miserable???
  • edlong
    Free Member

Not you, guy-that-just-split-up-with-his-missus, you have every right to be a bit mis. right now, I mean the rest of you… been browsing the forum and it’s so bleeding depressing:

bikes are boring, technology’s all rubbish, big businesses are awful, small ones are incompetent, the people on here are boring, the posts on here are boring, trail centres are rubbish, bikes of all size and shape are rubbish and/or a con, cars are all rubbish, christmas songs are rubbish, people posting funny news stories from the papers are a-holes, christmas do’s are either boringly rubbish, or excitingly terrible. All music (apart from the stuff I listen to, you wouldn’t know it, it’s quite obscure) is rubbish.

Cheer the heck up people, go outside, get some sunshine, maybe ride a bike. If there’s no sunshine, get one of them SAD lamps and simulate it.

Happy Christmas
    ed
    x

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hope this helps.

LoCo
    Free Member

Get stuffed 😛 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

You are miserable, I’m fine thanx

ton

cos i need a drink, i will then kiss flash, and he will be happy too.

yunki
    Free Member

I think there’s a general outpouring of grief about the passing of Ronnie Biggs.. It seems to have dampened the spirits

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ton – Member
    cos i need a drink, i will then kiss flash, and he will be happy too.

😉

Drac

Speak for yourself I’m not miserable and don’t need no SAD light either even though this is the most daylight I’ve had or seen in about 6 days.

tazzymtb

I’ve got new shiny titanium toys so am bouncing around waiting for the weekend to go and ride till my little chubby legs fall off and my niche beardy thing catches fire 😀

bearnecessities

I’ve still got my nob stuck in the Henry.

wwaswas

I’ve still got my nob stuck in the Henry.

Everyone’s butler seems to be called Henry these days.

binners

I’m happy as a pig in shit. Me earlier…

Mind you, that may be due to the really, really strong prescription painkillers I’m on :mrgreen:

Pigface
    Free Member

To many close people have died this month 3 so far, can’t ditch the cold and have to find a new place to live in the New Year, still upbeat though, life is an adventure and I am due some good fortune which is just around the corner.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cos its christmas

seosamh77
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Hope this helps.

brightened up my day anyhow! 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’m miserable, I’m still ill and can’t go out and ride my bike 🙁

kimbers

economy is crap, wages are plummeting, relative to earnings and inflation,our MPs are absolute arseholes, the police cant be trusted, the press cant be trusted, the weathers crap, winters coming, energy prices are rising, Syria is in a spiral of shit, Ive got another 6mth extension on my contract but long term- who knows, against this backdrop xmas just means expenditure and worry

and the final nail in the coffin, kick in the nuts and bite of the shit sandwich is that a new series of Birds of A Feather starts in the New Year

binners

Sweet Baby Jesus and the orphans! This time 4 year ago I’d just lost my business, and with it pretty much everything but the clothes I was stood up in. I had just been informed that as I was still listed as a company director, despite paying tax all my adult life, I wasn’t entitled to a penny in benefits. I had banged off hundreds of job applications without a single reply. So… its fair to say that with 2 kids and no income at all, and having been left holding tens of thousands of pounds of other peoples debts, Christmas wasn’t looking good.

But what doesn’t kill you (and it nearly did) makes you stronger eh? When I listen to some of the pathetic middle class whining on here, I’d just like to respectfully request that some of you get a ****ing sense of perspective. Seriously… in the grand scheme of things…. what have you got to be miserable about? Really?

bearnecessities

I’ve just had boiled eggs with perfect runny yolk & soldiers, and I feel epic.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I’m happy. Line 1 in OP applies to me as well. Means no-one can stop me buying a bike with a letter ‘c’ after the model name now… (There are many other benefits but that’s the one that springs to mind first!)

hodge

26 single pivot fat tyres and loving the mud, happy days! Oh yes free parking in loading pays because I drive a van ho ho ho!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m jolly happy thank you very much, I have christmas lights on my bike and everything. I love life.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

* My bid got written and it’s not at all bad. Pressure’s off.

* I got a small pay increase, which is better than nowt 🙂

* I have a bunch of parties to go to over the weekend. There might even be some nice ladies there!

I’m not getting much bike riding done though 🙁

highlandman
    Free Member

Local gamekeepers are blocking trails with logs, more work, more responsibility, wages down 6% over five years before inflation, another 0.6% pay cut coming in April, got to work 7 extra years to get less of a so-called gold plated pension, MPs snouts are deeper than ever in the trough, everything is up in price, corrupt energy market- as an example Hinkley C guarantees are double what they need to be.
    Yeah, life’s great.

lister

Cos my nuts still hurt and I can’t ride my bike.

retro83
    Free Member

‘cos my house buyer’s surveyor undervalued my property by £10k. I HAD THREE OFFERS AT FULL ASKING PRICE YOU BAWBAG.

The only thing I can think of which’d cheer me up is to find where he lives and leave a yule log on his doorstep.

tazzymtb

I just done a poo so big I had to break it up with a plunger. …much happier now. Its no wonder babies look grumpy when log turns into a whole giant redwood…with all the side branches still on

bearnecessities

I have a bunch of parties to go to over the weekend. There might even be some nice ladies there!

scandal42
    Free Member

Because some useless **** decided that working 5 days out of 7 is the normal way to do things.

T’other way round should have been agreed at the start.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well you sort of answered your own question there, except for

people posting funny news stories from the papers are a-holes

No idea on that one. 😉 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

economy is crap, wages are plummeting, relative to earnings and inflation,our MPs are absolute arseholes, the police cant be trusted, the press cant be trusted, the weathers crap, winters coming, energy prices are rising, Syria is in a spiral of shit, Ive got another 6mth extension on my contract but long term- who knows, against this backdrop xmas just means expenditure and worry

and the final nail in the coffin, kick in the nuts and bite of the shit sandwich is that a new series of Birds of A Feather starts in the New Year

Don’t forget, Danny Dyer joins Eastenders of Christmas day.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’m happy. I’ve got a new bike which rides really nicely. On Monday everyone here told me it’s an ugly piece of shyte, which can only mean one thing. They’re jealous!

theflatboy
    Free Member

I’m happy – nearly Christmas holidays and a bit of time off. 🙂

maxtorque

I’m not Les miserable!

Took this pic earlier:

Woburn Woods were beautiful with the sun streaming through the trees!

(still had a smile on my face, even after going OTB twice the space of 5mins 😉

Houns

Days off = weather crap! days in work = nice weather. Working all over Christmas.

Hoped seeing anchorman 2 today would cheer me up but it was just a disappointment

cardo

No feel pretty chipper to be honest despite having a boss with a face like a slapped arse and she’s not speaking to me, who is going to be doing our pay (sorry) er reviews tomorrow with fark hall chance of anything to do with a pay rise involved in it for the 4th year… Then ‘cos we are so skint we are having our works doooo at lunch time ! the excitement is just not happening.

The best bit is it is actually Wednesday and I’m going to ride my bike with my mates tonight in the howling wind and have a larf. Then some beers at the end… now that does make me happy….

thejesmonddingo

Who are you calling *** miserable,I’m 59 on Friday,and I’m going out Yay.And my best mate,who is 56 on Friday,has been laid off his seasonal job,so much manly riding,and beer,in the New Year

sneakyg4
    Free Member

I am Scottish, I actually enjoy a bit of misery.

Last Sunday I went to Waitrose specifically to find things that are priced outrageously, getting angry about this sort of thing cheers me up.

I am a complex individual.

CountZero

Sweeping generalisation, innit? I’m not miserable. A bit grumpy, because my knee’s rather painful, but that’s it.

thejesmonddingo

That’s a typically Scots way to behave.A Yorkshireman would have found the same things cheaper elsewhere,bought them,and had bragging rights about the saving.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Why is everyone so miserable???’ is closed to new replies.