• This topic has 100 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)
  • What's your bike's name?
  • Android
    Free Member

I have never named a bike, or a car for that metter, it’s not as if you can call its name and it will come to you so what’s the point.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Gary Glitter.

stoney
    Free Member

Time for some pics….

the On-One….

The speedy bike…

and Shrek 😉

🙄

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coolhandluke
    Free Member

The ti bike (456)
    the big bike (s-works Enduro)
    The racer (Allez)
    The shopper (Specialized Globe hybrid)

tazzymtb

swampdonkey- scandal 29er protothingymebob (it’s not very pretty, but bloomin quick)

elly- is my epiphany

will soon have the gimp (a salsa selma that’s black and blue and kept chained in the garage until I take it out to treat it rough)

_tom_
    Free Member

Mountain bike. Sometimes call it the Trailstar since that’s what it is.
    Road bike.

That’s about the limit of my naming abilities!

emac65
    Free Member

Mine have a name on the side of them & get called that,cept for the 2 Inbreds -26″ one’s called “the inbred” & the 29er’s called “the 29er inbred”….

crocodilian
    Free Member

Ian Botham/Mr Botham/Bothy – Cotic BFe.

I am a sad, sad man.

roady_tony
    Free Member

Bikes
    06 marin mount vision = ‘Faith’ – yup from BUFFY 🙂
    07 Trek road bike, silver = silver shadow
    10 Helius CC black with silver component detailing = R2D2
    10 Custom Rondelli Yellow road bike = C3PO

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Mine is called Keith Lemon as it’s a Zesty 😉

landcruiser
    Free Member

LOT’S OF ROAD BIKES ! HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED ! 😀

tandemwarriors

Shibboleth – Member
    My Blur is called Hilda after my grandmother who left me a small some of money with instructions to treat myself. It was my first “proper” mountain bike and I’ll never part with it… Her… Whatever.

Yep, with you on this one. Meet Nancy….

named after my Grandma who left us a wee inheritance that was just enough to buy the frame & shock. Iroic thing is, Grandma didn’t like getting dirty and couldn’t ride a bike.
    Nancy is going to Glentress tomorrow, so if you see her (& us) give us a shout!

ozzo
    Free Member

In-Bred is called “FLASH” after the village near Buxton/Leek

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

The wife calls my sc nomad “the bitch”.She is convinced I’m having an affair with it. Mind you ,I am riding it more than her at the moment. 😀

TheDoctor
    Free Member

My identical twin road bikes are called Yui and Ui. Haven’t named the Blizzard or the Merckx.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

The Cove – Cove Stiffee
    The Roadbike – Ribble Ribelle
    The winter bike – Cube streamer
    The big bike – Turner RFX

ThePilot
    Free Member

My Finnish gf named them so:
    Musta kettu (means black fox in Finnish, it’s black with Fox forks)
    Valkonen kettu (white fox, white with Fox forks)
    Ei kettu (no fox, CX bike with no forks)
    And Gina, can’t remember why.

BadlyWiredDog

Mog, Rags and Paco.

Northwind

Android – Member

I have never named a bike, or a car for that metter, it’s not as if you can call its name and it will come to you so what’s the point.

My neighbours named their cats, they don’t come when called either.

Android
    Free Member

Android – Member

My neighbours named their cats, they don’t come when called either.

No, the cat’s are just ignoring them!

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Big silver for Obvious reasons

HermanShake
    Free Member

More replies than I anticipated. Many don’t get it (as I expected), different strokes…

The Meta is now Alphonse (Commencal being French). I used to refer to them (different bikes) as the mountain or road bike, then something changed.

If I needed to shout at the bike in a moment of stress while on the trail, I’d feel pretty suspect shouting abuse at a “female” bike; it would seem a bit…odd. I’d rather it sounded like I was arguing with a Frenchman; the police are less likely to be phoned. Then again, puffing and panting while shouting “Come on Alphonse!” is probably not great either 😳

peterfile
    Free Member

I call my bike by my ex-girlfriend’s name to wind up the mrs.

“I’m off for a quick ride in the woods with Hayley, will be back in time for dinner” 🙂

I’m not joking.

Pieface

Barry

PJM1974
    Free Member

The Enduro = “The Enduro” or “The Spesh”
    The Marin = “The orange Marin” or “The Wolf Ridge”
    Missus’s Marin = “The white Marin” or “The Rock Springs”
    Stepson 1’s bike = “The Merlin” or “The prettiest bike I’ve ever built”
    Stepson 2’s bike = “The Hardrock” or “Stepson 2’s bike”.

Occasionally I have been known to address my Marin with a profanity, especially so during long sloggy climbs. My Enduro also gets this treatment when suspension squat related fatigue sets into my legs.

bassspine
    Free Member

all vehicles are either Betsy or Samantha.
    If a Betsy goes wrong, give her a second-hand spare and she’ll love you forever. Dead reliable and always up for a ride 🙂
    If a Samantha needs a new chain, she’ll want new chainrings and her headset will need replacing. Then her cables will need fixing up. Ungrateful but often good-looking.

winterfold
    Free Member

That green Trek is wrong in just so many ways it is difficult to now where to start.

It’s like someone wants to do Dirt Jumping in their heart, but half listens to their head when it says ‘but you are an old queen get a road bike’.

wrong wrong wrong

Do your LBS still talk to you or do you find the shop is closed every time you go there?

No offence.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

Red bike, brown bike and grey bike. You can probably work out why each has it’s name.

yoda
    Free Member

I like Bassspines theory. 8)

My haro/intense downhill bike was called “Stacey’s Mom”.
    The fountains of Wayne song was out at the time and that bike had it going on!

” I’m off out to ride Stacey’s Mom” was also quite amusing at the time.

Mate has a GT hardtail he calls Brian, as It’s a Lopes frame.
    Not because it’s a very naughty boy.

other than that, well, the road bike is the road bike, the cross bike is the cross bike and the XC bike is the hardtail, the full suss XC bike is the Spesh, the 4x/messing about/jump frame is the little hardtail.

yoda
    Free Member

winterfold – Member
    That green Trek is wrong in just so many ways it is difficult to now where to start.

It’s like someone wants to do Dirt Jumping in their heart, but half listens to their head when it says ‘but you are an old queen get a road bike’.

wrong wrong wrong

Do your LBS still talk to you or do you find the shop is closed every time you go there?

No offence.

My thoughts exactly!

matthewlhome – Member
    Red bike,

Because it’s a communist?

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

the colnell

stoney
    Free Member

No offence taken 😉

It just happens to match our team kit perfectly….. 🙄

But for the record, a lot more people like it then dislike it…..It`s all down to taste and everyone is different.

Good job n`all 8)

HermanShake
    Free Member

I dig the Shrek, apart from that cable outer on the back end. Lowers the tone I feel. But what do I know? I started a thread on bike names 😆

veedubba

I ? Nancy

winterfold
    Free Member

stoney – if you are fast you might get away with it – looking at that Ridley – you’d better be 😈

warpcow
    Free Member

I’d never named one until a couple of weeks ago when I built up a Heckler out of spares and cheap/2nd-hand parts. Since I was reading ‘Don Quijote’ at the time it seemed fair to call it Sancho. It’s pretty overweight, slightly tempremental and there’s a mad, bearded idiot leading it around getting it into trouble. It just fit.

My Inbred is still ‘The Inbred’.

clareymorris

Old Trek was Tracy (white forks reminded me of white stilettos)
    Giant Anthem – Ginge (cos it is Ginger)
    Orange 5 – The 5
    P7 – The 7
    Speciaized Sirrus – Cyril
    MrCMs P7 – The Weapon (black and SS)
    Car – Smudge (reg plate ends in SMJ)

It’s nice to give ’em names 😀

rhubarb
    Free Member

My only bike is a 15 year old, mid-range Saracen. Mockingly known as “the Silver Bullet”.

stoney
    Free Member

I`m non too shabby on a bike 😉

My first tt on the Ridley after 10 years was a 24 dead, only a good minute off my previous average….I`d say that was pretty good.

Herman….the rear cable is now a lot shorter 😛

gecko76

Famine (singlespeed), Pestilence (child carier), War (hardtail) and Death (commuter).

In reality, the black bike, the red bike, the white bike and the grey bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘What's your bike's name?’ is closed to new replies.