Viewing 33 posts - 241 through 273 (of 273 total)
  • What's the meaning behind your user name?
  • skyhigh_71

The skyhigh bit on account of a college nickname pertaining to my fairly substational height – 6'5"(which I really hated at the time – the nickname that is), and the 71 from DoB year.

thank god for 29ers – now I can ride something that doesn't look like I nicked it from a little bloke and put a hugely long seatpost on it.

sonik
    Free Member

was a nickname for me back in the acid house and festival days [daze].
    if your in the know, you'll know what i mean.
    🙂

tazzymtb

taz is my nickname (something to do with moshing like the warner bros tazmanian devil and the fact that I can be a grumpy/scary little fecker apparently) and I ride a mountain bike. Simple….just like me 😀

monkeychild
    Free Member

Years ago I used to get ridiculously drunk on red bull and vodka and start climbing or swinging off of stuff. Also because I am a cheeky monkey 😛

Edukator
    Free Member

Weil die fetten Jahre sind vorbei und braucht ihr eine neue Ausbildung.

Daffy

Had it since I was 16. Got into trouble at school and my peeps told me that I was "daffy ducked". Turned out okay, but "Daffy" stuck.

rOcKeTdOg

i own the shoe design company

tommytowtruck

Erm, I think one of my mates called me it once (my name being Tom) – it was a character from the legendary 1980s childrens cartoon Jimbo and the jet set. Plus I couldn't think of anything better.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I have a brain tumour and have had two operations to try and remove/control it, the tumour is located in my right frontal lobe, so hence I'm missing a frontal lobe.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

The faster I pedal – the further away my mates are out in front 😳

Hicksy
    Free Member

My name's Andy Hicks. Hicksy (or Hicksydoodle), is what I get called a lot. We'll that and speckytwat. I prefer Hicksy!

dexterbexley
    Free Member

My little boy's favourite book is Dexter Bexley and the Big Blue Beastie

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ron Jeremy – my missus wants to know where she can buy that rubber suit! 😯

midlifecrashes

When I found STW, there were loads of references to "mid-life crisis bikes". I am very poor at riding them.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

A song by the best band in the world

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Mine dates back to when I first setup my ebay account and couldn't have my name etc. and at the time Jackass the TV program was on and so I thought I'd try that and it wouldn't except it and gave me a suggestion of Jackass and a random number so in a huff I just decided Jackass123456789 and it accepted it.
    I have kept the same user name for all my forum accounts as I used to use my ebay account as an example of being a trustful bike bit seller as I had 100% feedback score.

scraprider
    Free Member

i had and rode a kona scrap .simples really

greasystain
    Free Member

Back when i used to play a certain shoot-em-up video game, my avatar would spend most of it's time as a 'greasy stain' on the floor.

theboatman
    Free Member

Sadly, I don't work on a boat.

alexpalacefan

C'mon the Eagles! Looks like we may have survived to fight another day 🙂

APF

slimtubing
    Free Member

I am the lead singer and founding member of the as yet not formed Bluegrass/swamp-punk band slimtubing and the broken hardtails.

hugorune

Full name – Hugo Artemis Solon Saturnicus Reginald Arthur Rune

he has walked the earth as Nostradamus, Uther Pendragon, Count Cagliostro and Rodrigo Borgia, can open a tin of sardines with his teeth, strike a Swan Vesta on his chin, rope steers, drive a steam locomotive, hum all the works of Gilbert & Sullivan without becoming confused or breaking down in tears, was taught how to stop his heart by the Dalai Lama (In exchange for teaching him how to play darts), once climbed Mount Everest in a smoking jacket and plus-fours to win a bet with Oscar Wilde, swam the Atlantic Ocean to win a bet with Humphrey Bogart, reinvented the ocarina- thus giving it more holes and allowing it to open portals to the aforementioned 'Forbidden Zones'-, an expert swordsman, a gourmet chef, a world traveller, poet, painter, stigmatist, guru to gurus and hater of Bud Abbott.

It just kind of seemed right 🙂

spooky_b329

Used to ride a Spooky Bandwagon. Frame number b329.

yossarian
    Free Member

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. If he flew them, he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to, he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka agreed.

skidartist
    Free Member

I had a dictionary of gangland slang on the desk when I first logged in – a "Skid Artist" is a getaway driver.

yetidave
    Free Member

I ride a Yeti, and my name is Dave.

cheese@4p

I'm quite lazy

roger_mellie

after a Viz character. I’m not called Roger in real life or particularly sweary. I used it for a hotmail address years ago and it popped into my head when I signed up. Now I wish I’d just used my name. Or even a nickname.
    Edit: and that underscore cheeses me off too…

z1ppy

bugger all to do with rainbow or talking a lot.. computer hippy… z1ppy.

Militant_biker

MilitantGraham – Member

Nothing to do with politics, religion or animal rights…

I've been Militant_biker since the turn of the century, pre-September 11th, when militant islamists weren't on the news nearly as much. At the time I was getting really cheesed off with car drivers on my commute – I wanted a gun mounted to my handlebars.

RealMan
    Free Member

Irony, mostly.

andrewh
    Free Member

Same as RichPenny, parents gave it to me.

banginon

I'm usually bangin on about something or other at 'Drum' lanrig

Viewing 33 posts - 241 through 273 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘What's the meaning behind your user name?’ is closed to new replies.