• This topic has 47 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by TomB.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • would pay for swimming lessons for a 6month old
  • crikey
    Free Member

Swimming lessons for a 6 month old?

Get a grip. 🙄

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I've yet to take my kids to the pool, 16 month twins so its a bit hard logistically, but I agree that lessons for a 6 month old is insane.

We are going to take them for a dip and a splash about next month but just me and the wife.

Stainypants

We took our kids to splash around in the baby pool from 3 months and both are very confident in water now at 2 and 1. We had them at Alton towers water park last week and both them were on the rapids and under all the waterfalls. But when we asked the instructors at our pool when to start lessons and they said not until at least three when they can take instruction. This seems fair enough to me as I can't even get them to eat food without throwing at each other.

Nick

AlasdairMc

As a swimming coach myself, I fully recommend learning to swim without goggles. It is surprising just how few kids can swim without, and this is especially important if they choose to club swim and race.

Unsure about the benefits of learning at six months, but it's definitely beneficial to build up water confidence and fundamentals of movement at an early age.

deft
    Free Member

It is surprising just how few kids can swim without, and this is especially important if they choose to club swim and race.

Wtf kind of sadistic swim club do you coach at?

molgrips
    Free Member

Goggles when I was a kid were just toys for fun – not essential in any way.

deft
    Free Member

Yes, but for training and racing?

TomB

Our local pool is great- sloping in beach type bit so little ones can crawl around, warm-ish, £2.35 for toddlers only session with lots of floaty things to play with, available 4 times a week.

Haven't done lessons but my 2 year old loves going. Had a wetsuit for <1 as he was going a bit blue after 15 minutes. They also do lessons for the same price once a week for >18 month olds. The sort of public subsidy that I am all for, and worry about losing in the next couple of years.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘would pay for swimming lessons for a 6month old’ is closed to new replies.