Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 273 total)
  • What's the meaning behind your user name?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Mc pronounced em cee is the prefix to my surname. At a Grundig World Cup race in the 80's the Italian race announcer listed those with the above prefix em cee Laren, em cee Leod, em cee Intosh. It was around the time MC Hammer. At the time we also produced a bike magazine called Moont.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It relates to an old photo in my first snowboarding outfit with big white boots and crash helmet. The GF said I looked like Buzz Lightyear. It's become a nick-name. BTW I look nothing like Buzz Lightyear as those who have met me can testify.

friendsandfamily
    Free Member

A club night in Manchester that welcomes all

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Why not? What does it matter? It's a bit of fun, is all.

I suspect people use it as licence to be more obnoxious than they would under their own names! (not me, obviously)

chakaping
    Free Member

Nickname given to me by friend years and years ago, while stoned probably.

catfood
    Free Member

Its a nickname from my surname, that and catfish, could have gone either way.

organic355
    Free Member

mine isnt showing my devotion to pesticide free nosh as you might expect, but simply an anagram of my surname followed by the number of my old flat in San Francisco.

Bit Random eh?

donsimon
    Free Member

Coz I drink it, hic!

TooTall
    Free Member

I'm a small and angry man who has no problem getting a bike to fit.

steve_b77
    Free Member

first name, last initial and year I was born simples

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Can't remember where Esselgruntfuttock came from. I always thought it was from the Goon show but I just Googled it & nowt much comes up, at least not as a Goons character. Maybe he just got a mention.
    My real name's Jim Gruntfuttock

bigG
    Free Member

I'm a fat bloke who's name starts with a G, been called this for as long as I can remember..

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I think Gruntfuttock was one of Kenneth Williams's characters in Round the Horne…

geetee1972
    Free Member

My real name's Jim Gruntfuttock

😯 You poor futtock – can't imagine what that was like at school.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I wonder why people see any need to hide behind a pseudonym?

Hide behind a pseudonym? for most people on here, what difference does it make? are we ever going to meet? If we do, I'll introduce myself. 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

I suspect people use it as licence to be more obnoxious than they would under their own names! (not me, obviously)

No Simon, you could never be accused of being obnoxious under a pseudonym!

[joking]
    But otherwise… 😆 8)
    [/slightlyjoking]

geetee1972
    Free Member

J Peasmould Gruntfuttock was the Round the Horne character I have just been told by my wife (whose maiden name was Lemon – so suck on that) 😉

marsdenman
    Free Member

acute lack of imagination for me…
    I am a man wot lives in Marsden….

soops
    Free Member

I am called Christopher Reeve 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Due to hurting my arms too much on bikes i now have a shed full of rusty trowels.

crispybacon
    Free Member

a nickname given to me by my mate Drunken Duncan when we were training & ordering food at the pub. I always had a bacon sandwich & asked for the bacon to be crispy.

My alternative was going to be 'Ellsie' which is both my initials & also an anagram of my first name. 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

Did I have to let it linger?

apparently I did.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I think Gruntfuttock was one of Kenneth Williams's characters in Round the Horne…

That must be it then! Where the hell did Essel come from though?
    Ah well….

Junkyard
    Free Member

my poker name at Uni and first thing that came to mind when registering.

binners

Our kid used to call me Bin Lid at school (manchester rhyming slang for our kid). Then gradually everyone started calling me it. At some point it was appropriatted to Binners

I went through a brief spell of Bin Laden when he was a little known Islamic trouble-maker. People stopped calling me that fairly abruptly on September the 11th 2001. Cant think why

Hairychested
    Free Member

It's easy, you'd understand if I took my shirt off 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

My name is Mitch, and I hail from the South Yorkshire shangri-la that is the people's republic of Barnsley.

Marin
    Free Member

It was the bike I rode when I first came on the site.

trout
    Free Member

last name Hadaway shortened at school to haddocks and somewhere in the mists of time changed to Trout .

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I wonder why people see any need to hide behind a pseudonym?

Because we're not all literal-minded engineers.

I'm from Dorset, and I'm a knob.

I don't know about the underscore though. Why would anyone put an underscore in their name, FFS?

crikey
    Free Member

I used to be Blimey, but changed it after the great schism.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

It's my surname, i've always been slightly left leaning in my politics and i'm a bit of a geek. I can't actually remember why the vowels got removed. My real names ben, stalk away 😉

seizednuts
    Free Member

Had a rely bad day at work and seizednuts was the problem. Had me screaming, Bloody knuckles from spanner rash. burnt from gas axe and generly thinking I hate custommers and their bloody vehicles.

bartat
    Free Member

I was christened Bartat by Mark when being reregistered, may have something to do with riding on Ilkley most days back then, albeit rarely baht'at.

manitou
    Free Member

I had a 1993 Manitou HT… stupidly expensive bike

CountZero

+1 Dorset. Couldn't have put it better.

mmb
    Free Member

mmb- muddymountainbiker as in my e-mail address, incredibly boring i know! wish i'd excersised more imagination at the time and it would be great if the powers that be would let me change it, we could make suggestions and then take a vote that way it can be open for all to see who i am
    (no hiding) c'mon mods what do you say!.

timwillows
    Free Member

Name is tim and I live in the willows

nbt

Short for my ful moniker on Bikemagic, Notoriously Bad Typist,cos I is, butit's easier to type NBT and that's what I've been known as for the best part of ten year online

mmb
    Free Member

the dorset knob is the name of a pub in poole dorset and i believe a dorset knob is a type of local biscuit!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘What's the meaning behind your user name?’ is closed to new replies.