Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Want to see something exciting?
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Tandems are a larf it turns out.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ayers rock at Wolftrax – that is cool

It looks like the made the run-out a bit better.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Good on you / them. I showed airs rock to MrsTJ – she just said NO! very firmly

I want to see someone with the bottle to go of GT ladderdrop thingy

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

A laugh until you fall off the wet boardwalk and smash your leg into the extra downtube…

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Video goodness. (turn the volume down, there’s a lot of woman screaming. There’s also some rude words at the end, as you’d imagine)

Jeremy- it’s, not surprisingly, very easy. The only issue we had was on the run out in the photo Seb on the back hadn’t been told to stay still and tried to foot out flat out the corner.

Him suddenly leaning in and sticking his foot out sent the steering all to pot and we almost binned it, but we were ok.

ton

luke…………….fantastic.

how big are your balls???………… 😉

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Ton- before or after?

There is nothing that makes you feel so invincible as riding a tandem. It makes you feel great.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I love how far back I am leaning in the video. Quality.

ton

😆

singlespeedstu

Smooth and straight,piss easy on a tandem.

Looks like you cheated too by dropping the seats. 😉

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Stu- it’s not smooth, there’s a fairly sizeable hole at the top. But, yeah, not really very hard. The rear seat is at the limit, I think it’s for kids. That and it was only my 2nd time offroading on a tandem.

Leaning back. That was very helpful… 😉

singlespeedstu

Steps look more impressive. 😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

I want to see someone with the bottle to go of GT ladderdrop thingy

This?

TiRed

Dawes Toucan Mk2? if I am not mistaken… Large size. I have one of the earlier models. Yellow, rigid, V brakes and a small rear seat tube. Heavy and stable. If you think about it, pitching over the bars, like wheelies is pretty much impossible.

Where is this? Think the kids would like a go…

As a tip, on my tandems, the stoker ALWAYS uses either clipless or toeclips to prevent feet from coming off the pedals.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Indeed, a Twocan. It’s probably the most fun I’ve had on a bike in a long time. And I always have a lot of fun on mybike.

grantway
    Free Member

So funny
    Like a Double Decker of trail bikes

singlespeedstu

Some more technical tandeming from nine minutes onwards.

[video]http://vimeo.com/12042264[/video]

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Lack of clippy pedals was the main reason for my excessive swearing at the bottom. I was all over the shop and didn’t like it…
    🙂

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I don’t know how you didn’t find these the height of grip safistication

Oh, also, I found this. Jesus, we need to set up a Sov like this. However, the set up there ticks all the stw-nichecore boxes- fixed, stupid bars, 29er front, “more niche than thou” rear wheel size.

TheBrick
    Free Member

This ^ Is a fine examples why we should not let Australians have ideas.

brakes
    Free Member

whoever it is wailing on the video should either be put out of her misery, or keep that kind of thing for behind closed doors 🙂

TiRed

You kept the original pedals! Mine has crank shorteners, so thank yourself lucky you weren’t riding 140mm cranks too. Based on my knowledge, there is no way I’d ride on the back of mine down that! The front however is another story…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Nicolai do the Helius in a tandem if anyone has a spare 5000 euros. (or two people with 2500 euros)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Yeah, turns out Shimano AM40s grip like poo to a blanket even though there’s nothing that even looks like traction to stick to.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Airs rock is all about bottle. It looks like a cliff from the top and its fairly high. Not technically hard but the penalties for getting it wrong are serious and its scary.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

FFS dunno how that hppened

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

martinxyz
    Free Member

dan makaskill back in 2005 jumping into it..

http://martin-james.fotopic.net/p16216337.html

the video clips are better. i dont think ive ever posted them though.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Want to see something exciting?’ is closed to new replies.