Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Wales… a land of fatties?
  • alpin
    Free Member

Skipping through iplayer and have stumbled across three programmes, all made by BBC Wales, about fat people.

RustySpanner

Anything about judgemental trolls?

zippykona

I was hoping for bikes on a beach.

anagallis_arvensis

Do you have a question caller?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Yes.. Lots of plump and fat Welsh… Obesity rates are pretty high.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I must admit I was really struck by how many really big people, mainly women, there were in Porthmadog a few weeks ago.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

See the france thread, ever heard of generalisation and racism?
    (again I’ve met more fat english than fat welsh people are the english all fat?)
    Is STW full of people who just don’t think before typing?

stumpyjon

The West…..a culture of fatties

may be a more appropriate topic headline (posted from inside an american diner in Manchester, actually might be Canadian, there’s bits of moose everywhere).

Pigface
    Free Member

Well I was in Risca last Wednesday and was stunned by the amount of really fat people who were waddling around.

alpin
    Free Member

I’m always surprised each time I go back to the UK by the number of oversized people. Here in Germany there are fatties. They seem to stand out more here because the general population are not so fat.

Was just somewhat surprised to see that most of BBC Wales programmes were focusing on fast Welsh people.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Go to Wales and take a look.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Oh, so we are fat and fast now 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Oh, so we are fat and fast now

I wish I was fast 😉

saxabar
    Free Member

Yep, it’s true, too many people here carrying a lot of fat. Seem to be quite a few TV programmes about it at the mo’. Neither a good thing!

MrSmith
    Free Member

alpin
    Free Member

useful i’m ysure, but i’m colour blind.

MrSmith
    Free Member

useful i’m ysure, but i’m colour blind.

darker tone on map=fatter

badnewz
    Free Member

The Celts generally have inferior impulse control compared to the Germans in England.

pennine
    Free Member

Being 65kgs & 6ft – most of the country seems fat to me 😉

cinnamon_girl

A q for alpin – do you think that everyone who is fat is so because they eat too much? Yes or no?

teef
    Free Member

A q for alpin – do you think that everyone who is fat is so because they eat too much? Yes or no?

Answer: 99% Yes

Tom-B
    Free Member

Oof an anti Wales thread…..maybe it’s time for the 2014/15 rugby thread now then 8)

mooman
    Free Member

Yes – every single person in Wales is fat. The only slim or skinny people you may see here are only here on holiday.
    Babies are even born fat here.

iolo
    Free Member

Op, you find 3 programmes on obesity on iplayer. How to help you if you’re fat, what to do to ensure you don’t become obese etc.
    There was a massive obesity drive so that’s probably why. It was a good thing.
    Most countries could do with watching it.
    You state most programmes in Wales.
    I’m sure there’s a few of the many thousands of programmes that don’t mention a word about excess calorie consumption.
    I was in Darmsradt in Germany a few months ago and there were a whole load of chunkies there.
    Warrington high street last week, full of beached whales.
    as I said, a global problem.

cinnamon_girl

How about signing a petition that could rid the UK of some fatties? Here you go:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/64191

Learn more here and have your eyes opened:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/alternativemedicine/10985192/Could-a-renegade-doctor-save-your-life.html#disqus_thread

alpin
    Free Member

Cinnamon… No… Beer is a contributing factor, too.

Just found it odd that all fat progs were not only produced by BBC Wales, but centred on Welsh people /families.

MrSmith
    Free Member

the whole of the U.K. is full of fatties, not just Wales. i see the corpulent quivering carcasses everywhere.

anagallis_arvensis

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

the whole of the U.K. is full of fatties, not just Wales. i see the corpulent quivering carcasses everywhere.

It’s full of **** too. They’re harder to identify until they contribute to internet forums.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow we Welshies seem to be having a sense of humour failure here,I should say that after seeing a lot of fat people in Risca I saw a group of about 10 skinny MTB’rs finishing a ride by the Mersh and Market Tavern in Abercarn.

There are fat people everywhere these days, some have genetic issues but most eat to much and more importantly don’t do any exercise.

mikey3
    Free Member

This thread has made me so angry I,ve gone and dropped my chips!! -Outraged of Swansea.

mooman
    Free Member

Those 10 skinny Mtb-ers you saw were clearly on a day trip from outside Wales.
    As everybody knows, Welsh people are too fat to ride a bike.

footflaps

Well according to the chart posted by Mr Smith, Wales appears to be definitely on the plump side by UK standards.

kimbers

That Mao ^^^

Inverse of this by any chance ?

footflaps

OK, so a land of fatties and paupers 😉

mooman
    Free Member

Owners of chip shops and burger vans are the highest earners in all Wales.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Hmm all those deep fried leeks isn’t it

Solo
    Free Member

It’s full of **** too. They’re harder to identify until they contribute to internet forums.
    Well you seem to find indentifying them to be easy enough…
    Oh dear, you’re usually more constructive than this, or at least more sophisticated in your rebuke of others. Come on Man, standards must be maintained.

Anyway, yes, it’s shocking to see the obesity epidemic that originated in the US, now develop here in the UK. I am witness to this, but my judgement only goes as far as my belief that if people were better educated, they’d chooose a better diet for themselves. I may be naïve in this belief but I feel that nobody really screws their body up and risks shortening their life, deliberately, wrt being over weight.
    So ultimately, I don’t point and laugh at the obese, but rather feel frustrated that they have fallen victim to misinformation and uncensored advertisement.

Edit:
    The caveat to all the above being that there will also be those who suffer excessive body fat / obesity, for a medical condition, which then is entirely beyond that person’s choice or control.

C.G.
    Don’t rise to the bait, remember that there will be many folk who have never and will never experience the condition you have. It’s tough, but it is what it is. Don’t let it get to you.

catfood
    Free Member

To be fair Solo most posts by the member in question are fairly objectionable.

Solo
    Free Member

Catfood.

Fair enough, I wasn’t sticking up for anyone but the obese who for lack of education, or for suffering a medical condition, are heavier than we’d like them to be, if for no other reason that we’d like everyone to enjoy good health.
    Ta
    🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Wales… a land of fatties?’ is closed to new replies.