• This topic has 165 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by rig.
Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)
  • The Scottish Elections.
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

Of course, one could always get rid of the House of Lords.

I’m all for that.

100 politicians is more than enough.

How many do we have 3000?

druidh
    Free Member

Too many to all fit into the House of Lords apparently. Seems they’re not dying as quickly as they used to.

druidh
    Free Member

* fixed *

poly
    Free Member

chewkw – Yes, but do look at the unemployment rate though. Just hope you don’t get a small population working hard feeding the ones that they are entitled to be feed for generations.

I’m with you on that – but not only is Scotlands unemployment rate not the worst of the “UK Regions”, but our poor health record also means we don’t have quite the same scale of “aging population” that the rest of the UK does so less of a burden!!! Actually part of the reason I wonder whether fiscal autonomy/independence might be better for Scotland is it might force politicians and the population to wake up to “entitlement culture” etc

gusamc
    Free Member

poly, politians, IMHO, form a significant part of the ‘entitlement culture’.

Here is a worked an true example
    knock knock
    me – hallo
    X -I’m canvassing on behalf of the liberal demotwatts
    X – straigt into pitch
    me – can I just stop you there, frankly I think we have too many politicians and most of them seem to be uaccountable
    X – **** off you c**t

it really did happen

rig
    Free Member

I’m interested in the points made re the EU – IMHO the impact of an independent Scotland have not quite struck home.

Scotland will not leave the UK – the UK will cease to exist.

Therefore, England will no longer be a member of the EU as our current membership is for the UK – not for England. Westminster will also cease – as it is the parliament of the UK – a country that would no longer exist.

All of these things will surely have to be reconstituted as it were.

Does it also mean that the Queen will lose her job? She’d be Queen of a non existent country 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 161 through 166 (of 166 total)

The topic ‘The Scottish Elections.’ is closed to new replies.