Home Forums Bike Forum SRAM Roam40 wheel bearings??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM Roam40 wheel bearings??
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

My rear wheel bearings are toast so going from SRAM service manual I need 3 x 63803 (17x26x7) and a 6903 (17x30x7)

The above bearings arrive and I strip everything down, fit the 6903 ok.When I come to fit the 63803 they are the wrong size!!

Looking at the marking on the old bearings they are marked as 63803D28LHV
    A quick google come back with a size of 17x28x7, when I search for this size bearing the code is 17287RS.

Will this bearing fit and last ok ( I’m guessing yes) and why the hell did SRAM spec a 63803 in the service manual?

Thank god it’s the rear bearings and not the front as I can’t find a 23x32x7 bearing anywhere!

cheers

trailhound101

I had that issue on my ROAM 30s – drive side was loose after a few months. Took it out and ordered a replacement from Wych bearings using the size/code stamped on the dirt seal… having checked it in the online manual. When it arrived it was the wrong size (smaller diameter as I remember). Rang the nice man at Whych and explained – they changed it FOC and his thinking was that the people at the factory in China labelled it wrong and the person writing the manual just looked at what was mis-stamped on the bearing. The man from Whych said the replacement bearing I’d selected just on measured size would be fine – they’re nowt special. So far its been fine.
    Key learnings – measure oe bearings and order based on size rather than stamped code & can’t recommend Wych enough – good range of stuff well priced, very quick delivery and great customer support.
    Hope that helps!

konanige

Hi there, the rear bearing (17x28x7) is the same as hope pro 3 bearing, readily available from MB Bearings, front ones are a different matter and are only available through Sram but I think they may have their stock issues sorted now (hopefully)

windysurfer
    Free Member

thanks for the replies, ordered from Whych

DickBarton

Mine has got the telltale wobble of knackered bearings…I’m assuming it is the outer bearings, so is that 1 of each? Freehub was updated about 3 months ago so not that…

M6TTF
    Free Member
    M6TTF
    Free Member

called craig at kinetic bearings – apparently SRAM used the seal from 63803 on the 17287RS bearing. its the 17x28x7, not the 17x26x7 as marked. ijeets

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Roam40 wheel bearings??’ is closed to new replies.