Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Specialized pizza rack info
  • Dickyboy

Can anyone tell me the width of forks that a pizza rack will fit?

Hoping one might fit my vagabond and/or Dawes tandem

amedias
    Free Member

‘Any normal fork’ is basically the answer, as long as it has mid-blade mounting eyelets and a hole at the crown for the centre stay. Should be fine on a Vagabond or your Dawes (as long as the mid blade mounts are there)

But I can measure the width to mounting points for you later if you like.

I’ve had them fitted to an AWOL fork (Duh) and Surly Disc Trucker forks, it needed a couple of small spacers on the DT fork.

steezysix
    Free Member

The vertical legs are spaced 160mm c-c at the top, maximum outside width of fork would be about 150mm. I’ve got them on my Longitude and had to spread the legs a bit (ooh er) to make it fit. Also have it fitting my touring bike with a couple of spacers.

Dickyboy

Great – 150mm width is what I am after, thanks for that info ta.

LittleNose
    Free Member

Had my pizza rack for a while now and have just been using it with a cargo net so far as I’m struggling to find a bag that suits my needs.

The lomo in steezysiz’s pic looks almost perfect good, but ideally I’d like 2 or 3 external pockets for things like wallet, camera, phone, map to have relatively quick access.

any ideas?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Specialized make a bag for the pizza rack don’t they?

LittleNose
    Free Member

yeah YoKaiser, they do one, but I’ve not been able to find out much about it.

amedias
    Free Member

yeah YoKaiser, they do one, but I’ve not been able to find out much about it.

What extra info are you after?

https://www.specialized.com/gb/gb/pizza-bag/126310

Any local Spesh dealers that have one in stock you could go an look at? There was one in my local shop last time I was in there I think, but didn’t go and have a fondle.

LittleNose
    Free Member

looking to see
    – how it opens,
    – what side pockets it has / can it attach ‘modules’ for keeping the ‘little things’
    – how does it attach to the rack

I think I need to go fondling soon

amedias
    Free Member

– how it opens
    roll/fold down top with strap by the look of it, not sure if that zip goes all the way around and also makes a kind of zipped lid arrangement too?

– what side pockets it has / can it attach ‘modules’ for keeping the ‘little things’
    that zip on the side might be a side pocket?

Straps underneath I believe, ie: it straps to the platform from underneath

Fondle is always the best option 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

been using the pizza bag since october.

– how it opens,

>roll top. (there is no zip)
    >two small external side pockets – i haven’t really used them. I don’t know what you mean by modules. the straps on the front might be good for this but they certainly aren’t molle or similar.
    EDIT: some useful netting pockets inside too.
    >four velco straps underneath and the strap to fit the rack tombstone at the back. Mine is on a pelago rack so not quite as good fit.

Other bags to consider:
    swift industries
    surly
    ILE
    bigXtop (uk made)
    freight baggage (might have shut down?)

Dickyboy

Update – actual space between fittings is about 135mm but looks like they should splay out to fit the 150mm wide forks okay 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

I use an ILE porteur bag for my commute. Fits well on the pizza rack. Three external pockets and a shoulder strap for when I want to take it with me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Specialized pizza rack info’ is closed to new replies.