Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • mefty
    Free Member

Blimey, come on Town

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Mark Hughes must be on thin ice now! He’s managed to change one of stuffiest, tenacious difficult teams to play against to the worst defence in the league.

binners

City are absolutely taking Spurs apart here. They should be about 4 up by now

zippykona

The relegation zone looks very different today. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

How many bookies have paid out on City now? It’s already done really isn’t it?

Cletus

It’s already done really isn’t it?

Not if all the teams City yet have to play follow Danny Murphy’s advice to kick City off the park. Spurs tried and failed but could easily have ended Sterling and KdB seasons.

The way England players like Deli Alli and Rooney allowed to kick players and get away with it domestically is a big factor in the national team’s underperformance at tournaments.

It is pretty sad when a talented team like Spurs resort to such tactics – they have form for it though – see last season against Chelsea

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

#RobinForADay 😆

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

😯 😆 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure I can feel the tremors from Ashton Gate from my house.

MSP

Lets hope Bristol are respectful in victory, and that their manager doesn’t do anything uncouth, like running down the sideline or running around to all corners of the ground wagging his finger.

I’m sure I can feel the tremors from Ashton Gate from my house.

Probably the baseline as Bristol play a selection of tunes from their favourite beat combos in the dressing room.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

their manager

He’s doing alright to be fair. Seems a good bloke. As was his old man. I only hope he fulfils what looks like some potential.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes!! As a full-time Liverpool fan, and a part-time Robins fan (Mum’s family are from there and I’ve been to see them a number of times and always follow their fortunes), this is a good day.

binners

Blimey!! 😯

World class attacking

Sunday league defending

Under 12’s standard goalkeeping

Watching this with my scouse mate who predicted a 5-4 final score before kick off, but wouldn’t commit to who. He may well be right

Rockape63
    Free Member

Could/should have been 0-3 down at HT, but then within a few mins we were 3-2 up….WTF!

It was never going to last though! 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

missed this re Bristol fair play two cracking goals and showed how far we have to go to be world beaters

Arsenal v pool was end to end awesomeness – like kegan v Kegan

binners

Fantastic game! Utterly bonkers. 2 great attacking sides. 2 absolutely shambolic defences. Quality viewing.

Before the game we said this match would be decided by who makes the most defensive howlers.

Mignolet is an absolute liability. You’ll never have an even half decent defence when you know you’ve got someone flapping away like that behind you

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Bog standard Liverpool! I’ve said that about Mignolet for a while binners – he affects the whole defence. Pulls off some world class saves but then all keepers do. Always got a howler in him.

senorj

The Mignolet “attempted save” looked like he’d been paid to let one in. Forfend.

binners

It’s why they concede so many from set pieces. Watch any decent keeper and they’re organising and setting up the defence in front of them. At set pieces, or crosses whipped in, he looks like a rabbit in the headlights

senorj

Can’t argue with that .
    Which may be a first for this forum .

Jamie
    Free Member

Huh.

The January transfer window will open on Monday to Liverpool’s extraordinary world-record £75 million signing of Holland centre-back Virgil van Dijk from Southampton.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

binners

Wasn’t Lovran the last defensive solution to arrive from ‘name your price’ Southampton?

That went well

It won’t make a blind bit of difference to the hopelessly naive, headless chicken style of defence that Kevin Keegan Klopp favours. Surrounded by mediocrity (at best), with a midfield that can only run in one direction, and with Mignolet flapping away behind him, his career will no doubt go the same way as every other defender who arrives at Anfield.

It’s fantastic to watch, but there’s absolutely no chance of winning owt

They did manage a ‘hens teeth’ clean sheet last night, but that was only because i’d had a bet on 5-1. Bastards! 😀

weeksy

They did manage a ‘hens teeth’ clean sheet last night, but that was only because i’d had a bet on 5-1. Bastards

9 hen’s teeth up to now in 20 games. So nearly 50% then.

martinhutch

Only 82% possession away at Newcastle for City so far tonight. Sloppy. 🙂

binners

Dwight Gayle….

😆

binners

I reckon City could end up being 20+ points clear of anyone else by the end of the season, easily

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Especially if Jose’s sulks turn into his third season meltdown prematurely. £300m not enough. Maybe do a spot of coaching instead of whinging? The thing that strikes me about Pep is the improvement he makes to players – Sterling and Stones spring to mind in particular.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Er ….

Clean Sheets
    Filter by Season
    2017/18
    This table ranks teams based on the currently selected stat type
    Rank Club Stat
    1. Chelsea 10
    2. Manchester City 10
    3. Manchester United 10
    4. Arsenal 9
    5. Burnley 9
    6. Liverpool 9

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

7. Tottenham Hotspur 8
    8. Brighton and Hove Albion 7
    9. Everton 6
    10. Huddersfield Town 6
    11. Swansea City 6
    12. West Bromwich Albion 6
    13. West Ham United 6
    14. Watford 5
    15. AFC Bournemouth 4
    16. Leicester City 4
    17. Southampton 4
    18. Crystal Palace 3
    19. Newcastle United 3
    20. Stoke City 2

binners

Is there a ‘headless chickens’ table for shipping 3 goals in 4 minutes to chuck away a 2 goal lead? 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

£75m for a defender. That’s not far off what Real payed for Gareth Bale. World has gone mad.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Celtic will be pleased with that bit of news

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Shots
    Filter by Season
    2017/18
    Rank Club Stat
    1. Manchester City 362
    2. Liverpool 356
    3. Tottenham Hotspur 342
    4. Arsenal 337
    5. Chelsea 322
    6. Manchester United 279
    7. Southampton 252
    8. Crystal Palace 247
    9. Newcastle United 244
    10. Watford 232
    11. Stoke City 224
    12. AFC Bournemouth 214
    13. Leicester City 208
    14. West Ham United 202
    15. Huddersfield Town 196
    16. West Bromwich Albion 195
    17. Burnley 190
    18. Everton 186
    19. Brighton and Hove Albion 176
    20. Swansea City 171

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Hit Woodwork
    Filter by Season
    2017/18
    Rank Club Stat
    1. Liverpool 11
    2. Manchester City 11
    3. Southampton 11
    4. Arsenal 10
    5. Manchester United 10

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Can’t find the table for goals against in six minutes losing a 2 nil lead. Very specific that one!!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Saves
    Filter by Season
    2017/18
    Rank Club Stat
    1. Swansea City 80
    2. Manchester United 70
    3. Burnley 68
    4. Southampton 68
    5. Brighton and Hove Albion 63
    6. Everton 62
    7. Leicester City 62
    8. Stoke City 62
    9. AFC Bournemouth 59
    10. Crystal Palace 58
    11. Newcastle United 58
    12. West Ham United 57
    13. Huddersfield Town 52
    14. Watford 52
    15. Tottenham Hotspur 47
    16. West Bromwich Albion 46
    17. Arsenal 45
    18. Chelsea 39
    19. Liverpool 34
    20. Manchester City 30

As soon as De Gea leaves …. ut oh!!!

slackalice
    Free Member

@binners – predictable is predictable, give it a rest lad, there’s a boy 😀

binners

This ‘Statto’ stuff is fascinating, but isn’t there only one table that counts? And that makes pretty sorry reading for anyone who doesn’t support City.

Unfortunately, I think it might be looking like that for the next few seasons, at least.

They looked like they were having a kickabout down the park last night against Newcastle

si77

Judging by the number of times he’s mentioned City in this thread, methinks binners is a closet blue.
    Or at least wishes he was!

blader1611
    Free Member

I am bored of watching United this season, its like watching the team that played under LVG but at a slightly faster speed. No creativity and too many players being played out of position so the team is all unbalanced. Rashford,martial,mata,henrik m all of them being played out wide and all of them are better suited to playing centrally. But most of all as a united fan i am sick of hearing Mourinho excuses and moaning, he really is very hard to like. GGMU.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.