Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • So, is it about patient safety or is it just about the money?
  • bluehelmet
    Free Member

I’m surprised nobody appears to have started a discussion about the Doctors strike, surely more pertinent to our day to day lives than Bowie?

scaredypants

😀

scotroutes
    andylaightscat
    Free Member

Jeremy Hunt or Doctors ? Who do you think is largely telling the truth ?

bluehelmet
    Free Member

Personally I’m not entirely with the doctors, certainly the ones of my acquaintence aint worth it, so no as much as i hate the bastards, I’ve got to be with Jeremy Hunt although I dare say he’s making a complete screw up of the negotiations, and in answer to my question Patient Safety or money, what complete and utter bollox they speak, it’s just about the money end of.

allthepies
    Free Member

GrahamS will be all over this in 3…2..1

chewkw
    Free Member

It’s all about money! Moneeey!

Ya, they have spent so much to be trained and educated to be doctors and now they want to recoup their investment quick, they want more monnneeeyyyy! Less work more pay please …

The lefties just fuel it as convenient propaganda but you do get stooopido management too in hospital … you know the ones that lack people skills like ZM bureaucrats …

Anyone that says patients will be put in danger is simply adopting the ZM bureaucratic tone … these are unethical people who simply held others at ransom using the patients.

Should patients go on strike then?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Thread merge please.

mattyfez

It’s a hard question to answer.. Two very close relatives of mine died due to pure negligence.. I’ve seen very competent and compassionate doctors, and those who clearly think they can swan in and make blazee decisions and then swan off again.

In terms of ‘shop floor staff’ nurses etc. I’ve seen the same.

The only logical conclusion I can arrive at is the NHS is mismanaged to a fundamental and utterly tragic degree.

Some of my family are balls deep in litigation as a result, but ultimately the ethos of the health system needs serious overhaul..but who are we sueing? Ultimately the tax payer, so we are sueing ourselves. And bad staff seem to get off Scott free.

project
    Free Member

In a capitalist economy everything is about the money,you need it to spend to buy stuff to pay the rent or mortgage etc, strikes have been a part of working class life for many years, just some unions used to have more power and grunt than the drs currently have.

We have seen dilution of the need for drs, since the creation of nurse practioners, drop in or walk in centres,usually just nurses,practice nurses,111 service , pharmacies, and paramedics.

and with the capitalist assault on everything government owned by this gang currently in power, reducing staffing costs is a huge demand to make the service saleable to the private sector, some staff will move on,the drs are just the start of the sell off of the nhs into lots of constituent parts.

scaredypants

FWIW, the main theme of conversations between doctors that I know at work is along the lines of not letting “them” destroy the NHS. This includes many 50+ aged consultants who aren’t (currently) targetted by Hunt and who probably all could comfortably retire tomorrow if he pisses them off, so they’re not really protecting their own stash

Drs “swanning in” and out again will likely increase if the magic of 7 day spreading of an already struggling 5+2halves service takes off

kimbers

Patient safety and money, the two are not exclusive, in fact related.

Tho actually of about forced changes to shift patterns so neither really

2 junior docs I know are leaving for Oz and NZ (1 got his certs certified by notary today) These are highly motivated and clever docs, they are completing research PhDs and both set for stellar careers.
    They are leaving because hunt’s changes make it much harder to have families and carry on being doctors in london.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘So, is it about patient safety or is it just about the money?’ is closed to new replies.