Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Slippertrackworld – recommendations please
  • Kryton57

So, what warm, comfortable slippers that are able to cope with odd trips to the wine cellar are the in thing for the discerning STW reader these days?

Stoner
    Free Member

tick.

I spent a bundle on some Celtic sheepsking cloggy things. Great for 6 months, now look like a hobo has hollowed out shaun the sheep. Have almost completely fallen apart after 18 months hardcore louche-work.

Not recommended.

Sui
    Free Member

I’ve just bought me a pair of these;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-North-Face-Traction-Slippers/dp/B00FLKZZPE/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

I know they are probably hideous to most people, but I’ve got bored of cold feet in the office. My last pair of slippers, which I had for 3 years were;

http://www.church-footwear.com/en/UK/man/slippers/arran/nappa-wine

they were cheap from the outlet place on the factory..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slackalice
    Free Member

Teva Mush Frio’s here. They work very well and possibly even a little bit trendy 8) 😉

Rio

I tried the Celtic Sheepskin clog things on the assumption that cost = quality and also had them fall apart. Mrs R has now got me some of these http://www.justsheepskin.com/product/36163/mens-donmar-sheepskin-slippers/ which seem to be much better made so I have high hopes. Otherwise just go for whatever is sold as hut shoes in your nearest climbing shop.

Kryton57

Ooh I like TNF idea…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Mountain Warehouse for £5 Northface copies

IHN

They ain’t cheap, but:

http://www.trendyslippers.com/uk/brands/glerups.html

sweet baby jesus and the orphans they’re lovely to wear.

Stoner
    Free Member

rio – Im afraid Im not going to throw that kind of money again at sheepskin (£50+). Those Celtics were shocking. They dont even stock them now BTW.

Id rather get 10 pairs of those nasty shiny things from the market for £5 a pair and throw them away every two months.

Sui
    Free Member

Mine have just been despatched, so give it a day or two and ill let you know what they are actually like!

onandon
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Homeys. They’ve been pretty good.
    I’m looking at the Ted baker loafers. They are lovely 🙂

CaptainSlow

The TNF ones get a little too hot and sweaty/smelly but last well. In all bar 3 months of the year they are too warm.

The ultimate slipper is made by Drapers of Glastonbury. When wearing them I skip and swirl about like Snow White with birds tweeting all around me.

They also don’t stink and regulate temp well and can be worn almost all year round.

I’m totally gnar core when it comes to slippers (I wfh) 🙂

Edit: add appropriate tune
    [video]http://youtu.be/kE0pwJ5PMDg[/video]

.. These http://www.draper-of-glastonbury.com/products/29/maine are Awesome 8)

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

I’ll say it and get the flaming- crocs indoors outdoors cellar garage garden lounge mine are in a realtree camo flavour for the extra pimp

Wash them when they get sweaty

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I bought Mrs CFH a pair of those TNF ones as a bit of a joke once, before a skiing trip. They lived in the ski locker at the foot of the slopes, and once we’d finished skiing, she slipped in to them with the biggest, smuggest grin of comfort and warmth. Reckon about five or six people ended up buying some for themselves as a result.

Hideous, ugly, nasty things, but she loves them!

She is, however, of the female persuasion, and so is permitted to suffer cold feet. OP, you’re a man. MTFU and wear a pair of Reefs, all year round. 🙂 I did get some odd looks going for a walk around the village in my Reefs on Saturday afternoon, though, I must say!

RustySpanner

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Ugly as but way comfy.

Leku
    Free Member

Camper Wabi.

jupiter
    Free Member

Haflinger Grizzly (still going strong after 7 years wear) and Crocs Blitzen 2.

edhornby

I have the northface ones and they are ace – but there are 2 types of sole and the traction ones are the best option, the other ones (tent mule) wear out too fast

sadmadalan

In this household we have all ended up with Shepherd slippers. We have tried others, but always come back them. Not cheap though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

+1 for the Camper Wabi’s or Berkenstocks..

Dales_rider
    Free Member

peterfile
    Free Member

I’ve got some M&S ones with memoryfoam in the sole which is bloody great!

Mrs PF also bought me some Nordisk down booties for xmas for use when we’re away which are so so comfortable but a bit too warm for moving around the house in.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I have TNF ones. They are very nice – but only with socks on

Bit sweaty otherwise

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Ugg ones for me, my first pair are still intact after a good ten years but the sheepskin has pretty much worn away inside…
    My new ones are 2-3 years old and still as comfy and warm as the day they were bought, they look perfect too.

Ridiculously expensive but the Rolls Royce of slippers.

Kryton57

Lit looks like the fluffy Crocs will be the slipper of choice. Now, can anyone comment on the difference between the Blitzen 2 and the Mammothr? The latter is much cheaper.

Bazz

Call me old, but these days the first and last word in footwear is Clarks. Job done.

benman
    Free Member

Just got some Birkenstock Amsterdam slippers off amazon. Not cheap at £35 (they had better last a few years!) but very comfy

toby1

I’m also of the Camper Wabi club. Not cheap but seem to last well and are properly comfy.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Slippers, bloody hell time to ge out of here!

Kryton57

benman – Member
    Just got some Birkenstock Amsterdam slippers off amazon. Not cheap at £35 (they had better last a few years!) but very comfy

Sold! For some reason I hadn’t checked if they due slippers, I loved my old sandals so much that this jus became an easy decision.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Had some John Rocha slippers for Xmas but can’t wear them as they honk, so I’m put off wearing slippers, I don’t normally have a problem with smelly feet but slippers and my feet are not a good combination so sticking to flip flops around the house 😥

tang
    Free Member

I have hush puppies soft leather ones that are 8 years old and some warm woolly Clarks. I love bare feet best.

warton
    Free Member

they have to be boots:

matt_outandabout

The north face ones. Well toasty.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Man the foot up, go barefoot.

pictonroad

So, I am actually poor going by some your slipper habits.

M&S moccasin, get 3 years for £15.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I love this place! We are all so old and middle class! “What slippers for the wine cellar?”!

Having said that, I recommend my Columbia low back clog type things that are over 10 years old and are good for indoor and outdoor use.

There, I feel at home here and at peace with SlipperTrackWorld

🙂

mudshark
    Free Member

Had these for 5 or 6 years so far, stick look fine really

http://www.shopstyle.co.uk/browse/mens-slippers/Rocha.John-Rocha

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Slippertrackworld – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.