Home Forums Chat Forum Recommend me a Karate Gi.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Recommend me a Karate Gi.
  • Harry_the_Spider

My cotton one is coming to the end of its natural life and I could do with something that is less sweaty. Ideally one that you don’t have to iron, but I suspect that this is moon-on-stick territory.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Mercy is for the weak….

Harry_the_Spider

4130s0ul
    Free Member

geetee1972
    Free Member

Tokaido Ultimate – only karate gi worth getting. It weighs a ton even when dry, shrinks at least two sizes the first time you wash it and costs a small fortune, but still the noise it makes when you execute a good technique is deeply satisfying.

smatkins1

I’ve got a Tokaido The Ultimate Gi and I really liked it (I use the past tense as I don’t practice any more). The cut was superb and the material had a good feel to it. Although this Tokaido one definitely had to be ironed and it wasn’t the coolest (temperature-wise) Gi I ever used. So doesn’t really meet your requirements OP…

However I did used to have a Blitz White Diamond Gi which I’m sure was a 16oz Gi, but looking on their website perhaps it was 14oz. Now you’d think with it being so thick it would be hot, but because it was so rigid the air flowed around inside nicely keeping you cool and it would never stick to you like some thinner ones do when you get sweaty. The cut was a bit rubbish compared to the likes of the Tokaido one, but then that all depends on what you like and what you’re used to. Also of all the Gi’s I ever owned this one always dried the least crumpled as long as it was hung up nicely to dry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Recommend me a Karate Gi.’ is closed to new replies.