Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • REAL ALE -Who else likes talking about real ale after a hard ride?
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

After a hard ride in the saddle I like nothing better than to sit in a nice real ale pub and talk about the different varietys! Marvelous, indeed!! Who else enjoys this and which ales do you like? Please no lager louts allowed!
    Lager is for thugs! 😆

ton

rupert…….i reckon you are a lager drinker. 😆

fairhurst
    Free Member

relax and savor a lovely real ale does wonders for me too.
    I do frequent the real ale festivals and find some wonderful variety’s at these events.i thoroughly recommend this if you have not yet had the experience.

cynic-al
    Free Member

discussing/imbibing ale is good at any time I find…

ton

and fairhurst is deffo a lager man……. 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

rupert is a lager shandy drinker without a doubt….

stgeorge

After a hard ride in the saddle I like nothing better than to sit in a nice real ale pub and talk aboutDRINK the different varietys! Marvelous

wwaswas

rupert is a lager shandy drinker

tipple of choice for trolls, that one 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

One of the lads is a real ale bore buff and it’s inevitable we have to discuss Gruntthuttock’s Old Well Dredger at some point during the evening.

binners

wwaswas

that one for the iPhone users binners?

crispo
    Free Member

One of my most enjoyable pints ever had to be a pint of Windermere Pale at the Hawkshead brewery at Staveley after a trip round Kentmere….Superb!

Usual post ride drink is Moorhouse Blonde Witch.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Beer is for consumption, there is a whole world of other stuff to talk sh1t about.

Hogs Back Brewery – T.E.A., Hop Garden Gold
    Shere Brewery, Ranmore Ale and Shere Drop

Also had a few excellent local brew whilst in Peak District a few weeks ago

binners

It may look slightly different from on my 27″ Cinema display, aye.

fairhurst
    Free Member

well i do love a nice shandy on a hot summers day,so refreshing mmm gorgeous hun.

ads678

Dependant on season/weather, mood, required hydration levels and whats on the bar, i can be found enjoying Lager, guiness, real ale or cider. All is good post ride.

I’m liking Copper Dragon golden pippin at the moment though. well not now i’m at work……..

arthurcrabstick
    Free Member

I vist here after a ride……and enjoy a pint or two of Hop Head.

http://www.micropub.co.uk/

binners

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

So, who is he then?
    Binners???

binners

PJM1974
    Free Member

Real ale? Crikey yes!

Hopback Summer Lightning if you have to ask…

binners

rewski
    Free Member

But of course, nothing better than a good thrashing on the south downs followed by a pint of Harveys Best.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

portlyone

I had the second from the left the other day, very tasty.

ononeorange

Ahhh, descending off the Downs in summer to Lewes and then getting carried away on Harveys. Wonderful. Must do it again soon.

fairhurst
    Free Member

i would love one now!

sparkyrhino

Once went to a real ale festival in at the Queens hall in leeds many moons ago,full beardies with there flaggons on there belts,and people just randomly throwing up on the floor ,with some poor bloke walking arond the hall,with a tin bucket full of sawdust to cover the spew puddles.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Shouldn’t the above be on the Roman Catholic Priests thread…?

tomaso
    Free Member

I will be in Dent tonight sampling their finest ales in a post ride stylee. A bit of Kamikaze and some Aviator would be nice :mrgreen:

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

RIDE BIKES – DRINK BEER – EAT CAKE
    seen us lot right for 20 years

hora
    Free Member

Theres a really good pub in Ramsbottom. big, bottom of the hill…. whats it called?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Not really into talking about beer. Even more bollocks can be talked about beer than about bikes.

Drinking it on the other had I can do all night*.

*Well until I fell asleep anyway.

dantsw13

I like talking bollocks and drinking beer after a good ride!! Harvey’s Best in my local :-))

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Beer at the end of a ride is lovely, one of the real pleasures of long distance XC for me is having a well earned local real ale you wouldn’t see at home. That said I am tending more and more towards craft beer rather than real ale if theres a choice but you don’t find many rural pubs packing the likes of Mikkeller 🙂

tpbiker
    Free Member

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/tempest-cresta-black/166319/

Heres a Beer named after the brewer’s favourite run at inners…apparently its made by brewing up energy bars! (no seriously)

Surely there is no more fitting post ride pint?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Heres a Beer named after the brewer’s favourite run at inners…apparently its made by brewing up energy bars! (no seriously)

Surely there is no more fitting mid ride pint?

TIFIFY

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve gone off most real ale unless I’m only having the one pint, its too heavy for a proper drinking session and I get sick of the flavour after a few! Cheap cold lager for me especially after a ride 😮

I_Ache
    Free Member

I know it goes against the STW attitude but. Each to their own.

tomaso
    Free Member

rewski
    But of course, nothing better than a good thrashing on the south downs followed by a pint of Harveys Best.

I went to school in Lewes and grew up supping on Harveys Best. One of the great thing about the South Downs is that there seems to be a village with a pub at the bottom of every descent.

The post ride beer in Dent last night was superb.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘REAL ALE -Who else likes talking about real ale after a hard ride?’ is closed to new replies.