Home Forums Bike Forum QE Park – Appalling Conditions

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • QE Park – Appalling Conditions
  • smiff
    Free Member

ok so my shock failed and/or forgot how to ride a bike but.. trails are just about dry :)
    bet that A3 bit is crap though, do what we did** and turn right half way through Electric (basically first time trail points downhill?) up to Snakes and Ladders drop in.

** unless this isn’t allowed.

“New” shock ordered..

superfli
    Free Member

no its not smiff

Hardly any mud last night, but a lot was frozen. Very fast conditions, with lots of grip underneath. Best ride conditions since Oct.
    Did they offer an upgrade to your shock? I wouldnt be happy with the RS shock myself.

smiff
    Free Member

actually was very happy with action of Monarch so i’ve bought another cheap. i’d rate it above Fox RP. CCDB i’ve read doesn’t suit the frame, what i wanted is white Monarch Plus but can’t justify 3x price. it only leaked because i was told not to open it, so couldn’t lube it. dry seals + lots of riding = fail. though i realised i could have squirted some in valve hole. hopefully on-one sort mine and then i have spare to take on holiday ;)
    going down to bank now.

yeah trails are hard enough to want FS again :)

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from an early one there. Trails are tacky and in most parts dry, some of the berms are a little sticky in the bottoms but on the whole it’s a big fat load of fun.

I did 3 laps of the Red route and only noticed one proper sticky bit and it only lasted as long as the berm did so I hopped over it. Some of the long fire tracks are a bit sticky with clay and damp, mostly in the woods it’s just normal tacky/leafy/mulchy/dry grin inducing “woohoo I’sms”

Proper well done to the lads who built this thing, it’s certainly come on a little since I last rode there.

“Thumbs up”

scottfitz
    Free Member

Last night with Superfli, Smiff and others was the best ride of the year so far! Did get muddy, Trails where dry or frozen, good times get out there before it rains people!
    2850ft of climbing in 15.4 miles great fun :D

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Sounds good Scott. I’ll have to get my Strava on soon!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Sounds good Scott. I’ll have to get my Strava on soon!!

Just checked the local weather forecast and it will have to be before monday because it looks like its going to pisssss down next week :wink:

scottfitz
    Free Member

I for got to post this last week but this was last weeks ride:
    [/url]
    night[/url] by scottgolfgti[/url], on Flickr

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’ve never done a night ride at QECP. That may have to change this year, cool pic!

smiff
    Free Member

yeah ok so A3 section is pretty bad, unless it’s frozen!

edit: lumberjack, ditto.

Final descent and Snakes & Ladders great.

It changes every time you go in there though.. we should set up a site with a traffic light system like for pistes or something hehe.

Was pretty slippy in places there today had to have a quick lie down half way through my ride :|

smiff
    Free Member

lol. no strava times for you today then? :)

here’s how i’d ride QE now:

1st climb and up, do half of Electric then cut up right to Snakes (give way to other traffic!), do Snakes&Ladders, cut up across fireroad (like old orange trail, give way again!), down to the tables and snakebites, left and up around nasty bank, do final descent (steps are totally fine, sticky around final berms just slow down a bit).
    short and sweet.

Did a bit of bimble around other parts which I haven’t done for a while nice to see the old DH trail down by the quarry being revived.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Saw someone struggling up the a3 climb about 09:00 this morning on their own. Sadly I was passing in my mates skyline on the way to a dyno day.

Taff
    Free Member

Is that the downhill track from the very top down to the bridge? Can only think of the quarry near the A3 climb. Rode QE on RRs and found it a lot better than expected, first climb a bit greasy but was okz

Yes it is on the A3 side it quite steep a the begining leading to what was a big gap jump, cross a fire road then you into nice bit singletrack

Taff
    Free Member

I know the one, will have a look next time. Ta

bikebouy
    Free Member

Righty ho,

Firstly many thanks to the lad who stopped to see if was ok when I had a ” toys out of pram ” 1/2 hr whilst trying in vein to fix a sodding rear blow out.
    Muchos Grazias fella, your insistence of help was greatly received, but not required, excuse the language that was coming out of my potty mouth at the time.

3 flying laps today of the Red Route, 1st was excellent and unfortunately very tacky under tread, looked like a fair few riders had been out on the Red Route, then the 2nd lap a little harder but still hacking, the 3rd disturbed by my rear blowout just above the Downhill bit, total blow and it took ages to fix. Damn it was cold on top of the hill.

Scored a PB of the course today… Gnarr, gnarrrrr.

scottfitz
    Free Member

The conditions were perfect for the QECP dig day today. Great turn out, about 11 guys, thanks to everyone that help out got loads done. You guys are going to love what we have done :)

P.s there are no trails near the quarry ;)

Move along there’s nothing to see

scottfitz
    Free Member

smiff
    Free Member

dammit that is appalling 8O

bikebouy
    Free Member

E as moves init :lol:

scottfitz
    Free Member

dammit that is appalling

yes you are :wink:

gribble
    Free Member

bigyinn – Member
    Saw someone struggling up the a3 climb about 09:00 this morning on their own. Sadly I was passing in my mates skyline on the way to a dyno day.
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

Oh, the shame, I think that useless rider may have been me. On a silver full Suspension by any chance? Lost my fitness that I had last year and even with the best riding conditions I have seen in a while and a new bike, I couldn’t get round with any speed.

Loved the descent at the end though and only saw one other rider out…maybe he was the slow one and I am some kind of riding god. Maybe.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I want you to take a look at my photos, go on have a look. Now then what do you see ? Or rather what do see a lack of ??
    Correct, MUD.
    I’ve been riding there everyday for a fortnight now whilst in training and today I came back almost clean 2.5 hours hacking around the Red Route and other trails… I’m both confused and a very happy Bouy :D

[/url] Untitled[/url] by artaylor910[/url], on Flickr[/img]

[/url] Untitled[/url] by artaylor910[/url], on Flickr[/img]

scottfitz
    Free Member

Its summer day at the mo, get down there and ride before it rains people!!!!!

smiff
    Free Member

nice. what shape has the trail dried into? still trail shaped i hope :twisted:

that must be a real bone-shaker.

scottfitz
    Free Member

nice. what shape has the trail dried into? still trail shaped i hope

that must be a real bone-shaker. There a couple of bit with ruts but they just add to the fun 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

The trails are remarkably “most excellent” I kid you not. They are forming into a swoops flow and the tackiness of the mud is adding to the smoothing out. The flint and roots are drying nicely too, which is “most excellent” with only the roots that have an overhanging tree attached the ones that are a bit slippy.
    The rest of the swoops back zig zag downhilly bit back into the car park at the finish are mostly dry, it’s quite off putting tensing up for a bit of bike wobble wobble off the roots and ruts to find you are indeed attacking them faster and faster each time without cause for concern.

My weary bones are indeed shaken, not stirred !!

smiff
    Free Member

nice one thanks, don’t think i can make it today but don’t see rain on forcast (ducks) so will try for this w/e..
    full sus. ‘cos i’m a pansy.

edit: surely there’s still mud on lumberjack? (highest bit of dh singletrack in trees) that bitch never dries.

scottfitz
    Free Member

full sus. ‘cos i’m a pansy.

:wink:

smiff
    Free Member

we can’t all ride hardtails that we’ve straightened with our bare hands, like Scott.
    grrr.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well yes a bit if you stick to the bottom of the ruts, but as there a re a couple of higher lines you can choose, there’s no mud see.. In the DH track bit the bottom of the berms are tacky, but hey… Who goes in there..!!
    Even the long drawn out tracks of clay ( the forest access roads ) are dry.
    I’m actually amazed, over the last couple of days it’s like someone has gone over it with a hair dryer. Mind it has been breezy, so that’s obviously helped a great deal.

No rain set for tomorrow, so the weekend looks like it’ll be a dry dusty trail :lol:

scottfitz
    Free Member

we can’t all ride hardtails that we’ve straightened with our bare hands, like Scott.
    grrr.

I just tough rather than a pointless (Cry like a baby)post STW ***Warning ON-ONE Inbread***NEVER BUY ONE******

I just man up a bit and straightened my frame and Had some fun riding it as fast as possible.

P.S smiff its your fault it bent!

smiff
    Free Member

haha true. i’m not the guy who got lost. though i could get lost. up there, in the dark. chatting. not looking. in the dark. with an owl.

some more

scottfitz
    Free Member

haha true. i’m not the guy who got lost. though i could get lost. up there, in the dark. chatting. not looking. in the dark. with an owl.

its cos you didn’t come on the ride and keep pete company at the back ;)

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I managed to get out for a ride today and the trails were running great!

3 minutes into the Lumberjack section I had become too complacent then ended up having a big front end washout on Snakebites! It hurt!

I will blame that on this mornings rain!

The start of the best section….

End of the ride – almost clean!

mattbee

Yeah, got 2 laps in after work and it’s really quick. Lumberjack has a lovely line and sticky stuff either side which is entertaining if you come off line but overall the best it’s been for months. Even managed 1st climb and bombholes on the singlespeed without spinning out on greasy roots…

scottfitz
    Free Member

Nice one guys and I have seen that you have signed up for the gravity enduro ben, thanks for the support.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘QE Park – Appalling Conditions’ is closed to new replies.