Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA – Howies merino sale
  • Leku
    Free Member

http://www.howies.co.uk/mens/clothing/base-layers.html

Long sleeve down from £49 to £29.

Discount code
    HOW-151-THK
    gives another 10% off and free postage.

The light merino long sleeve top is a favourite bit of kit.

verses

Wallet now slightly lighter, thanks for the PSA 🙂

nickc

thanks, ordered!

ransos
    Free Member

Much obliged!

robgclarkson
    Free Member

good call… i do love a good PSA 8)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

oh FFS…. 😉

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I never had any merino, nike dri-fit etc I find are good enough ??

Please tell me what I’m missing? Genuine question … ta

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

merino is warm when its cool and cool when its warm, and being naturally antibacterial doesn’t smell if repeatedly worn without washing (eg. trekking/camping).

It doesn’t wick like synthetic so if you are a heavy sweater avoid it as it will hold on to moisture, and then you will get cold when you stop exerting yourself.

I’ve seen detractors on here refer to “Emperor’s new clothes” but Munqe Chick and I must own more than 20 merino tops between us, ranging from budget Planet X and Aldi base layers to premium Rapha, Howies, Vulpine, Finisterre etc.

And if you dare wear Howies at the same time as Nike you will cause a tear in the space-time continuum…

Leku
    Free Member

+1 all of the above from crash.

hatter

Agreed, they’re not quite as ‘performance’ as the nicer synthetics and can get overwhelmed by really sweaty activity but they’re super comfy and much better for wearing all day.

Having owned merino from many many brands I’m also happy to say Howies are the best of the bunch.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Pretty much as above i find them great for trecking and camping but almost dangerous if its cold and you sweat hugely during running or cycling.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Howies merino sale’ is closed to new replies.