Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Planet X SL Team Alu Frame
  • dobo
    Free Member

Anyone using one of these for cyclocross duties? i cant help thinking that it would make a cheap, light cx frame and double as a cheap light road frame for the summer road duties

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/ZXFRPXSLTA/planet-x-sl-team-alu-frame?utm_source=Planet+X+and+On+One&utm_campaign=a120edb58a-13th_October_2010_Block_Version10_13_2010&utm_medium=email

dobo
    Free Member

anyone using one for road duties, anyone got one, any opinions?

scaredypants

I’d be surprised if it has enough clearance for a cx tyre but I’ve never even seen one, let alone ridden

gonetothehills
    Free Member

No canti or mudguard mounts but looks nice for what it is. What about an Uncle John if you want a CX frame from PX for the same cash?

dobo
    Free Member

ahh yes no canti mounts hmm, any good caliper systems for cx? :O

uncle john no doubt do the job well but its half kilo heavier, they should update the unkle john, lighter and flat top tube, etc

smell_it
    Free Member

I could be talking out of my hole, but I thought cx sized tyres and road brakes didn’t get on, same with frame clearance for cx tyres.

dobo
    Free Member

think your right on the road brake thing but the frame says it can accommodate 38mm cx tyres… unless its a website typo..

edhornby

tthew (my brother) has one of these, and was going to sell it to replace for a second mountain bike…. he couldn’t bring himself to sell it cos he likes it too much

answer is to phone px and ask to speak to Ian Cammish or possibly Dave Loughran about how to make it cross ready, if you really want a cx bike then the uncle john would be better suited as it’s designed for that purpose but a CX fork and bodge on cantilever hangers would be the way of doing it if you were adamant

HTTP404
    Free Member

doesn’t look like much clearance to me if it’s having to run crud raceguards with so little clearance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Planet X SL Team Alu Frame’ is closed to new replies.