Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Planet x price increase overnight ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Unless I’m going mad Planet X have increased their prices by £200 over night on the pro carbon and RT-57?

simondbarnes

Nothing unusual there

tomaso
    Free Member

How else could it have a DFS reduction?

russ295
    Free Member

Yip they have!
    Been temped by the pro at £999 for a while but it’s not looking good now.

rascal
    Free Member

There’s a surprise.
    I looked at one a few months ago at £999 – bits of 10 spd Ultegra.
    Now it’s full 11 spd Ultegra….then comes the price hike 🙄
    With the amount of people on here saying how great they are I guess it was inevitable.

Conqueror
    Free Member

frameset is still same price for pro carbon by the looks of things

so is it a shimano sourcing thing.. ?

also the sram pro carbon is 999

andybanks
    Free Member

It’s called price establishment. To sell at a discount the products must have been on offer at a higher price for 28 consecutive days in the last 6 months.

All retailers do it.

If they had any sense though they’d be selling each of the products they’ve raised the price on, at a slightly different spec and for the reduced price.

I.e. Pro carbon with Shimano goes up from £999 to £1200 and a Pro Carbon V2 with SRAM gets introduced at £999

andybanks
    Free Member

Ah – looking at Conqueror’s post that’s exactly what they’ve done

scotroutes

Akshully, Planet X, CRC and others are all guilty of selling stuff at a “discount” even before it’s been on sale at what is supposed to be full RRP.

devash
    Free Member

The “TK Maxx” effect

brant
    Free Member

I looked at one a few months ago at £999 – bits of 10 spd Ultegra.
    Now it’s full 11 spd Ultegra….then comes the price hike
    With the amount of people on here saying how great they are I guess it was inevitable.

It’s been full 6800 11spd for a while now at £999.
    Not sure what your point is.

carlos671
    Free Member

The bikes have gone up in price, but 1k for a full 6800 carbon road bike was too cheap. 1200 is still a good deal surely?

sq225917
    Free Member

They upgraded from a 105/10speed Ultegra mix and held the previous pricing. It was always a limited time deal, had you asked in shop the staff would have told you that. Limited to 1000 bikes AIUI.

It’s still a cracking deal when the competitors price range for a similarly specced 11 speed Ultegra bike is from £1400-£2100 depending on brand.

br
    Free Member

Where have you been OP for the last +10 years? 😯

This is how internet retailing works…

hora
    Free Member

What do you expect OP- be honest, its peak trading season, its a product that I’ve said a few times over the past few months that it is way underpriced for what you get and at somepoint they’d put the prices up. Its been full 11spd Ultegra for ages.

For full Ultegra/those wheels and a decent carbon frame and forks it was underpriced at £999.

In the past I was going to pull the trigger on a PlanetX with really SRAM Force kit and the prices went up. It happens.

They upgraded from a 105/10speed Ultegra mix and held the previous pricing.

It’s still a cracking deal when the competitors price range for a similarly specced 11 speed Ultegra bike is from £1400-£2100 depending on brand.

+1. The previous Pro X had lower spec and they held the price even with upgraded kit. You cant do that forever.

On another note- how do you know if their sourcing costs have gone up? Everyone is clammering for summer road bikes, the distributors (or worldwide will have supply and demand increase on Ultegra roadsets…its natural for the cost price to go up as well..

Sour grapes. I felt miffed with the Sram offer years ago- I.e miffed/kicking myself for procrastinating.

I missed out on the £400 Mazz 55 RCTi forks on wiggle a couple of years back. Knew they’d go if I dithered.

wwaswas

I’ve noticed that you rarely get people coming on here complaining how a retailer has reduced the price of a product ‘overnight’ and how dare they.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Hmmm shame I was looking at to get one pretty soon as moving where I’m working from. It’s now out of my budget, no matter how good a deal it is so ill have to get something in my budget from somewhere else. Was nice looking too.

hora
    Free Member

Golfchick does that mean you’d have to buy an alu with lower spec big brand name or a carbon Ribble with old 105?

sq225917
    Free Member

Rumour has it they will do £1099 over the weekedn on the Ultegra if you ask nicely.

scotroutes

It’s funny how sq225917 always has some inside info about On One

PJ266
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that you rarely get people coming on here complaining how a retailer has reduced the price of a product ‘overnight’ and how dare they.

Depends if they’ve already bought the item 😉

I work for an online retailer (not Planet X) and I can assure you people do complain. They were happy to pay the price at the time!

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s funny how sq225917 always has some inside info about On One

They have been laying it on with a trowel, of late. Probably just know someone who works there?

Unless I’m going mad Planet X have increased their prices by £200 over night on the pro carbon and RT-57?

Always happens. On a slightly smaller scale, but similar percentages, Wiggle have just done the following over the last 24hrs:

Inov8 Trailroc 245: £71 > £96
    Salomon Fellraiser: £65 > £75

So just part of the game.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

If you’re going to raise your price for any reason your going to do it over night rather than in he middle of the day 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s going to rain tomorrow, so watch the prices go down again 8)

sq225917
    Free Member

I go riding with a couple of the lads who work in the shop.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Planet x price increase overnight ?’ is closed to new replies.