Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • Pics of your Bike in van?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Just bought a little fiat doblo cargo van, how do you transport your bike safely.
    Pics would be great.

BoardinBob

Got a doblo cargo. No pics handy but bike goes in fully at a slight angle. I mainly use a seasucker mount bolted to the floor and the forks in the mount. Keeps the bike super secure.

hainman
    Free Member

I bought one of those alloy four bike racks front wheels sit in place then Bungie cords hold back wheels in place,got four bikes in plus gear and supplies easy and I have a Kangoo Maxi

Lester
    Free Member

i have a doblo van
    ive kitted out the right side with some shelves that you access from the right sliding door, and that extend into the rear for tools and helmets.
    if i take one bike it goes in rear wheel first if im taking it out via the rear, and it goes in front wheel first if im taking it out from the side
    i can get 3 bikes in, two withe wheels at opposite ends and one with front wheel taken off.
    pictures tomorrow.
    mine is the james bond Doblo.(ask if you need to)

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Strap it to the side… nothing more annoying than the thought of having a van with all the load space taken up by a bike and nowhere to change/sit/play scrabble!

hainman
    Free Member

hainman
    Free Member

cloudnine
    Free Member

STW issue T5 fully laden with kids, bikes etc on various trips… theres 3 bikes somewhere in there…

BoardinBob

Hard to see here but the forks are bolted to the floor. You can see my other mount at the bottom of the picture so I can get two bikes in and still have loads of room

I had a temporary bed/bench in but that’s been taken out until i finish lining everything then I’ll be putting a better version in

fudge9202
    Free Member

Boardinbob cheers for the pictures, gives me some ideas on how to lay out mine, like the fork mount.

kayak23

Berlingo. 3 bikes and kit for 3 weeks in Europe.
    Fits fine… 😉

[Img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/621835_10151337285905558_902289701_o.jpg[/img]

rickon
    Free Member

As above, I’ve got two of those mounts in my Caddy, could probably get four bikes in.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Have ordered mount for forks, just need to order self inflating mat from alpkit for comfy overnight stays

schmiken

Can fit up to 8 bikes plus camping kit in the back of a SWB crew cab Vivaro.

mco1
    Free Member

My Peugeot partner with 3 bikes in. 2 29ers and a 26″ all with wheels on. Usually just bungee them to the sides.

Simon

As above. Bungees. Lots of bungees.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Citroen Berlingo Van swb

ps. don’t sleep inside like i do in a september its freezzzzing 😕

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cheers for the pictures, going to have a go at the 15mm maxle holder from seasucker. Might reconsider sleeping in the van. 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Man up. Bivvying in Scotland in January is cold, a van in September is luxury!.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge. I’m not as hard as you! 😆

kayla1
    Free Member

We’ve got a Doblo car/people carrier thinger, we took the back seats out and we can get four bikes in the back ok. No room for people with the bikes in there though!

funkhouser
    Free Member

Mco1 or anyone, is that partner the SWB one?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Funkhouser – Looks like the SWB, mate has a SWB berlingo (same size) and bikes fit in ok with wheels on and handlebars turned.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Not the same van – but this is what we do in ours – just need to replace the bike rack with a slightly wider spaced one as the tyres I’m using now don’t go in the rack 🙄

It also looks like the bikes need washing and the van needs tidying – that’s tonights job.

rhyswilliams3
    Free Member

BoardinBob, bit OT but how do you find that 12V ‘power’ washer? i’ve got one that is so poor i don’t bother taking it , but if your’s is okay i might give mine another look to see if its blocked?

BoardinBob

Mine is great. It’s an Airace Driving Waterman. Works perfectly and is very well built.

porter_jamie

heckler, spicy, camber, stumpy, another stumpy and a 456, plus bags

nibby
    Free Member

folding bed

These are good for sleeping in the van, easy to put up and down and extra space when needed.

ade9933
    Free Member

Great thread – v. interesting to me too. Does anyone have any pics of the Doblo with the back seat still in and bikes in the back?

DickBarton

ade9933
    Free Member

Thanks Dick!

ade9933
    Free Member

I like the look of this one (scroll down a bit)

bikes up at an angle

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tt bike and xc bike are on the right (as i had a couple of back toback races )with the front wheel out and i sleep on the left. Can get 1 bike in with wheel on in this set up or 3 without the bed.

Have at 7 bikes in with wheels off.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Following.

BoardinBob

My finished article

Andy-R

slowbloke – Member
    Not the same van – but this is what we do in ours – just need to replace the bike rack with a slightly wider spaced one as the tyres I’m using now don’t go in the rack

Can’t you just bend them out a bit? I’ve got a Fiat Doblo Cargo with a half bulkhead and I fitted a couple of those cheap bike stand things onto the bulkhead. Shove the back wheel in and turn the bars 90 degrees and you’re done.

slowbloke
    Free Member

Can’t you just bend them out a bit?

They don’t appear to be terribly bendy – the welds cracked on the one I tried so I just ordered some new ones (£10 each so fairly cheap) – 2 individual ones this time to allow for more flexibility in placement.

zero-cool
    Free Member

I just bungee mine to the side of my Vivaro and use pipe lagging or foam sleeping mats to space them. If it’s just one bike I lie is flat on the floor.
    If the double bed is built up its either one on top and one under flat are wheels off and stowed across the van behind the bulkhead for long trips across Europe.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have bought a van that required taking a wheel off to get the bike inside, if that was the case, I’d have kept the civic tbh.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Pics of your Bike in van?’ is closed to new replies.