• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Bucko.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Perfect day
  • ceepers

Sorry, no real point except Stoke to share!

First quantocks experience yesterday, partly in the rain, got soaked but WOW how good is the singletrack? Suddenly makes the long drive to trail centres seem a bit pointless! Three great descents and I’m still grinning now! The sun even came out later

This is my mate Jon waiting for his bpm to drop from 180 after the hodders Combe climb

So epic ride then finished the day with a quick surf and a BBQ On the beach with my lovely girls and some family friends. Perfect

#lovewhereyoulive

ajantom

Yeah, they are good aren’t they!

Drac

Bastard!

I’ve been nights all weekend.

zippykona

I’m looking at **** cushions and being asked to choose a favourite.
    We already have **** cushions.
    Kill me now.

daveh
    Free Member

I’m looking at **** cushions and being asked to choose a favourite.
    We already have **** cushions.
    Kill me now.

Careful now, you’re close to jeapordising your next biking pass.

Drac

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpk1BVkfh3w[/video]

ajantom

I’ve just asked for, and received, SWMBO’s blessing for a ride this afternoon.
    Do you know what? I’m going to go to the Quantocks 😀

wallop

Excellent stuff, the Quantocks are ace, aren’t they? We did 20 miles up there last Saturday – hot work!

ceepers

I think it might have been my best ride ever!
    Having a new bike is helping too (bandit!), it’s a hoot downhill and made Top ten strava on one of the climbs!

ajantom

Had a nice ride, but three (!) punctures and an off due a pony running in front of me. Some nice bruising coming up on my right-hand side, but most of a bottle of red has sorted the ache out 😉

Lovely afternoon, bright sunshine, and views as far as Wales and the Blackdown Hills.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

lovely day up at the Long Mynd…

Here we are seen non plussed and taking the P at Ross’s off on the final decent!

Bumbs, grazes to the body and ego!

Great ride.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Suddenly makes the long drive to trail centres seem a bit pointless!

Me and my mate ride there at least twice a week and are convinced that’s where everybody has disappeared to these days as it always seems quiet up there 😕

Your pictures are making me realise what I’m missing, I injured my shoulder quite badly a couple weeks ago so won’t be back up there for at least another month or so yet 😥

Great pics – must try the Q’s one day.

However, I get to ride the Peak on any given day and still don’t find trail centres pointless – they are great if you take them for what they are…

zippykona

After escaping from cushion hell I did manage to get up on The South Downs with the dog.
    So it all ended nicely.

welshfarmer

Did most of the Quantocks killer loop today and the Exmoor Killer loop yesterday. Both absolute cracking rides. Weather was great after early rain both days and trails were fast. Saw quite a few bikes out today on Quantocks but not a single one on Exmoor yesterday. Fantastic weekend all round

Bucko

I moved to Wellington a few months back and have been getting up on the Quantocks as much as I can. I absolutely love the place. It would be good to get to know more of it and learn some proper routes rather than just exploring all the time but I don’t think I’ll ever get bored.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Perfect day’ is closed to new replies.