• This topic has 45 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by boblo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • people that wear sunglasses in pictures…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…why ?

I’ve never understood it, I get the whole yes the suns bright etc but it hides the face and doesn’t show a true reflection of the person.

For me seeing the whole face is important.

Your opinions if you have one are very welcome

hols2
    Free Member

Personally, I like myself a lot.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It stops the camera stealing your soul

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

If it’s a “quick, let’s have a photo”, I CBA to take them off. People who wear them in ‘proper’ (e.g. Wedding) photos is a bit weird.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A couple of thoughts:

Not everyone thinks through a photo’s composition, lots of people just take whatever’s in front of them to capture that moment.

Maybe, the sun is behind the photographer and the sunglasses stop the subject from screwing their eyes up and looking weird.

If it is staged then the sunnies become a prop.

AD

I sort of see your point BUT I tend to wear sunglasses a lot because bright flashes of light/bright lights can trigger a migraine. I don’t like migraines very much so I tend to be more concerned about the potential migraine what the photographer thinks about the picture…
    Not everyone is wearing sunglasses to look cool – although I have little doubt it is an added bonus 🙂

scaredypants

people who take off their sunglasses to have a photo taken are just vain

rmacattack
    Free Member

its to hide the cocaine eyes, no??

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above. I squint really badly in sunlight so normally wear sunglasses and don’t take them off for photos

skids
    Free Member

It does show a true reflection of the person, it is a natural photo, taking them off would make it a posed photo. You could say the exact same thing about clothes

Kryton57

Just regarding your previous posts re anxiety; its trivial crap like this you need to bin. It really doesn’t matter what other people do with their sunglasses, don’t make it a concern, live & let live etc.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I wear my sunglasses at night.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I wear my sunglasses when I make love to a beautiful woman, even when the lights are off.

8)

squirrelking
    Free Member

Again, bright light doesn’t do my eyes any favours, I really can’t take it.

flange
    Free Member

Nicely done Deadkenny, that’s stuck in my head now…

IdleJon

I hate posed photos. The best ones of my family, my kids, my childhood, are the ones which aren’t posed, when people were behaving naturally.

So I’d prefer to take a photo of someone wearing sunglasses than have a big, cheesy grin on someone who normally never smiles.

And if, in thirty years time, you can look back and say ‘why the hell was I looking like a fool wearing Blues Brothers-style glasses in the middle of Dartmoor” then all the better. 😆

aP
    Free Member

Mine are prescription. I never take my glasses off.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Again, bright light doesn’t do my eyes any favours, I really can’t take it.

Gizmo? Is that you?

theotherjonv

it hides the face and doesn’t show a true reflection of the person.

For me seeing the whole face is important.

Stevie disagrees.

scotroutes

I wear (prescription) sun glasses most all the time and for cycling I have photochromic lenses. I forget I have them on so wouldn’t even be aware of it.

I do try to remember to remove them briefly when meeting customers though. I think it’s quite rude and impersonal not to, so I am in some agreement with the OP.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Probably the only Man who can pull off Wayfarer Clubmasters..

Looks damn fine to me.

Cougar

John Bishop’s looking well.

onlysteel
    Free Member

Look like black 1/2 frames. No class. Everyone who’s anyone goes tortoiseshell.

ads678

I wear sunglasses a lot because my eyes are really sensitive.

A few years ago at a mates wedding I was called in to a photo and took my sunnies off, my mate then told the photographer to take the photo again but with me wearing my sunnies, because that’s me.

5plusn8
    Free Member

I can’t say whilst having my picture taken I have ever thought about it. I have a couple of pairs of Julbos that I often forget I am wearing, a bit like forgetting your glasses are on your forehead. So out and about with friends or on the trails if someone says “say cheese” I don’t think I ever realise I am wearing them or not.
    Aside from that the OP’s question feels like a category error, people don’t wear sunnys in pictures, the are wearing them, when their picture is taken and a vast proportion will not have thought about or had the time to do anything about it before the click.

CountZero

I’m somewhat photophobic, bright light makes me squint, so any glasses I wear on bright days are heavily tinted, and so, on the highly unlikely chance that anyone should want to take a photo of me outdoors they’re going to have to accept that I’ll be wearing either prescription glasses with sunglass lenses, or actual sunnies if I’m wearing contacts.

SaxonRider

It’s either sunglasses for me, or exceedingly squinty eyes. Neither are particularly becoming on me, but the former is a less dorky look than the latter.

EDIT: Look up ‘iritis’.

CountZero

Oh, and this:

Kryton57 – Member
    Just regarding your previous posts re anxiety; its trivial crap like this you need to bin. It really doesn’t matter what other people do with their sunglasses, don’t make it a concern, live & let live etc.

mightymule
    Free Member

Prescription sunglasses for me too – so yes, I generally keep them on, as I don’t like being blind.

SaxonRider

I haven’t noticed unfitgeezer being especially concerned with superficial things (at least seriously), so am not sure that your comment is warranted, Kryton57.

Isn’t he just making silly conversation the way we all do?

graemecsl
    Free Member

Photochromatic here to, don’t even realise they’ve turned, wish I’d used them a lot more when I was younger, maybe I wouldn’t have damn cataracts now.

Kryton57

Isn’t he just making silly conversation the way we all do?

Ive no idea Saxonrider. However, ive been on my own anxiety reduction program for some time now, therefore based on my experience and his previous question regarding his anxiety I posted a helpful suggestion. I wasnt being deliberately trite, just offering some advice.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Thanks for all replies

The question was asked as I was at work so passing time, kryton57 is correct in saying I have a anxiety issues however this post wasn’t in anyway connected towards anxiety issues.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

People who say ‘People that’ when they should say ‘People who’.

Prescription shades, migraines etc.

rOcKeTdOg

Mine stay on so my sunglasses sponsor gets maximum exposure 8)

maccruiskeen

OP – when you’re taking these photos of people in dark glasses… are you using a flash?

Daffy

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    Mine stay on so my sunglasses sponsor gets maximum exposure

Do they look like these?

rOcKeTdOg

Just add snorkel for my ford crossing technique

aracer
    Free Member

I also remove sunglasses for the same reason when meeting people, even if it makes me squint (though mine are non prescription, so I can still see normally apart from the squinting). A photo is different though – why would I or should I take them off just because somebody is taking a photo of me? Putting sunglasses on for a photo may be naff, but that’s not what we’re discussing is it?

Houns

Never catch me doing it

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘people that wear sunglasses in pictures…’ is closed to new replies.