Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Orange Crush – How far can i drop?
  • astura
    Free Member

Starting to get a bit of confidence on my orange crush to about 5ft drops and the bike is soaking it up quite easy, what can i go to without coming to the limits of the bike?

AlasdairMc

Depends how well you land – there are vids of people riding road bikes on half pipes.

sambob
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want to do 6ft drops to flat, but pretty much anything can be ridden off drops if there’s a good transition.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trimix
    Free Member

How heavy is a stone ? How long is a bit of string ?

All depends how you suck up the impact. Are you dropping onto a downslope – then its easy. Dropping to flat you need to extend your legs, tough the back and suck it up loads. Ive seen some land like a sack of spuds from a few feet, whereas Ive also seen others land smoothly from headheight.

Read up on dropping skills and look at some vids. Bikes companies dont spec drop heights like they spec fork lengths.

ton

when it breaks, remember to NOT tell orange that you were doing drops on one of their FREERIDE bikes…….. 😆

kudos100
    Free Member

Depends how good you are. A smooth rider could probably do 10ft drops on it. A heavy oaf could probably break it on a 5ft drop.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’d probably worry about wheels first. Those Crush frames are pretty beefy.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You should be soaking up the drop rather than the bike!

astura
    Free Member

Cheers – Got a Whyte 905 2010 model with fox f120rl, any idea of general strength of these also?

Been using it for mainly trail centres but have been over the freeride park with it and so far so good, but it is light as a feather!!

I know a lot depends on the rider but its nice to know what to push it to, if i do have a bad landing

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Trimix – Member
    How heavy is a stone ?

14 lbs

HTH

iridebikes
    Free Member

Most bikes are alot stronger than you’d think, and can take much more abuse than most people will ive them. Thats my experience anyway

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Orange Crush – How far can i drop?’ is closed to new replies.