Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange 5 – hole in swingarm
  • KevinPP
    Free Member

Mate of mine has an 09 5. He was cleaning it today and discovered a rather large hole in the swingarm, Its between the pivot bolts on the underside of the arm. About 1cm wide, with a couple of cracks radiating out from it It looks just like its been hit with something and just shattered leaving a hole.
    He’s going to ring Orange tomorrow but has anyone else ever had anything like this?

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Has he been shot at recently?

anto164
    Free Member

What?

I think we definately need a picture!

Northwind

Speedhole.

Gary_C

It’ll have always been there.

It’s where the handle would have been fitted on the front of the filing cabinet drawer.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Cooling vent 😀 pics needed

stevomcd
    Free Member

Seen something similar on some Alpine 160s, but the design was changed after the first year or so and haven’t seen any such problems since.

KevinPP
    Free Member

Yeah thought you’d want a picture. Didn’t have my camera unfortunately.
    It is the right size for a bullet I guess, but it’s enclosed. There is a tubular piece joining the two sides together and the hole is on the back/underside of this, almost facing the seat tube. Wierd. I can’t imagine its a particularly stressed area of the arm.

legend
    Free Member

Speedhole.

wurd

kayak23

Isn’t that where you put the cable through?….
    😉

KevinPP
    Free Member

No cables. It’s not a round hole. I thought he meant a split when he told me but it is a hole, irregular shape, jagged.

grantway
    Free Member

Is the hole inside of the Lefthand side of the swing arm by the seat post area.
    Yep normal why don’t know, maybe location points during manufacturing

KevinPP
    Free Member

Nope its pretty central on the rounded section joining the two halves together. And it’s definately not meant to be there with the shape of it and that cracks radiating from it/

grantway
    Free Member

ok i have the 08 swing arm but doesn’t have the hole in the back
    Think they made a new front section on the 09 so best ask
    Orange tomorrow and send some pics to help describe the problem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange 5 – hole in swingarm’ is closed to new replies.