Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Online Bargain Basket Category – Shall we create one?
  • jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Long time no speak all. Hope everybody's well and loving this sunshine (if you've got it that is).

Basically we're thinking of creating a designated category for first come first served sales of items where we have 1 or 2 of the item left in stock, with a decent sized saving which will pretty much make it a bargain buy.

If we created it, would you browse the Bargain Basket category before browsing our actual site just to see if you could pick up a bargain?

There may also be periodic discounts on selected lines within the category until they shift.

Let us know.

Cheers all.

TimP
    Free Member

Yes I would

wwaswas

as long as it didn't contain everything with a discount on it then I'd look through it regularly.

The CRC list is just too long to browse, for example.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

No waswas – it won't be HUGE – we'll cherry pick say a maximum of 50 products to be displayed for a week, and rotor it every week?? What do you think to that?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

yep, and ditto wwaswas

Dangerboy
    Free Member

What wwaswas said!

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Nice one, so how many products do you want in the bargain bucket – and how often do you want them to change?

Steelsreal

not too many as has been said, and change them randomly, if they change 9am on a monday then people will know and it will turn into the Aldi thursday morning syndrome.

If you drop things in now and agin it keeps the casual browser interested that they may stumble across a bargain anytime in the week…..

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

enough to fit on 1 reasnobly quick to browse through page (50 ish?)

ohh and if it contains stuff with sises, make it obvious in the titles whats left, nothing more anoying than finding that its 50 pairs of shoes in the wrong sizes, but you have to click on 50 links to find that out.

And remove the item when its sold out.

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

The other thing is – we're just thinking "parts" for now to be included in the Bargain Basket, chains, brakepads, cables, cassettes, etc etc, on rotation and it changes once a week on a Monday.

If it proves to be popular – then we'll incorporate further categories like lights, clothing, forks, tyres, etc etc.

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Changing on a given day such as Monday as you suggest, would mean its not worth checking Tues-Sun as any decent bargains would most likely have been snapped up if there's only a very limited stock?

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

How about we change it twice a week then?

Anything that is sold out – we replace it with something else on a Tuesday – then the same again on a Friday – giving everyone a fair crack at the whip at getting their own bargain!

So potentially that's going to be 100 fresh bargains in the category, every week so long as we sell the lot. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If its stuff that you only have 1 or 2 left of (the bargain bin at a service station/halfords kinda idea).

Would Ebay not be a better bet?

Other wise if nothing sells in a given week, its still be the same list next week, etc etc etc. At least on ebay its gaurenteed to sell by the end of the week and you can list something else?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

if you have a nice 90mm stem bags it for me 🙂

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

Thats just the thing @notaspoon – it's not guaranteed to sell on ebay is it? And it costs us, and we already have an ebay account, the only issue is the amount of stock we have to sell on there is big – hence us throwing this idea into the mix.

We used to have a bargain box in store and it worked well for us to get rid of all packageless pumps/pedals etc – so why don't we do it online??

I think the way forward is on a Tuesday we replace the item's that have been sold with new items – then every friday we give you all a complete new list of bargains to look at!!??

Let me know what you think of this idea…..

This way – there will always be something new (every week)!

brakes
    Free Member

have you been clearing the warehouse and found a load of Girvin Flexstems and Onza bar ends you want rid of?

turnercraig
    Free Member

I think its a good idea and would check your website to see what is on offer.

I like bargains me

jejamescycles.co.uk
    Free Member

no mate unfortunately none of those, these cropped up though, here 😯

jonb
    Free Member

As long as it was updated on a regular day.

scaredypants

If I was them, I'd deliberately NOT update predictably

coffeeking
    Free Member

Thing is that when I'm looking for a part I'll look for the cheapest place for it that's reputable. I'll spend an afternoon looking. If I'm not looking for stuff I just won't visit a site, if it changed all the time I can't be arsed checking daily/every few days. If it changes once a week I'll remember to tune in just in case there's any bargains but I simply don't get drawn into buying other stuff just because there's some stuff cheap.

I'd rather it was once a week and I could look forward to it. And I'd rather it was a selection of "end of lines" or several types of item, as I'll just stop tuning in if its all brake pads one week, and all gear cables next week etc.

Nezbo
    Free Member

Sounds good to me, i would defo be looking at it 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Online Bargain Basket Category – Shall we create one?’ is closed to new replies.