Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • one for the Surrey Hill regulars…
  • alzore
    Free Member

Good afternoon All,

I’m off to the North Downs on Sunday for the first time and looking forward to a mornings riding somewhere different. My mate is riding a specialized and as people will talk to him, any one got a gpx or loop that connects Holmbury hill with Leith hill including all the best bits maybe “Summer lightning” near Leith Hill and “Barry knows best”, “Deliverance”,”Yogurt pots” etc. We were planning on starting from Leith Hill… Are the trails easy to find.?

Many Thanks

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

My mate is riding a specialized and as people will talk to him,

don’t they talk to you then – what’s wrong with you?

look on bikely for routes like that

spacemonkey

My mate is riding a specialized and as people will talk to him

Are you on one of these?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Details

MAP

GPX file can be downloaded from first link

alzore
    Free Member

Sorry, in my haste to write a quike post before my next meeting starts I missed out the word “not” as in “will not talk to him” 🙁

Thank you, I will check out bikely in a bit…

loum
    Free Member

Summer lightnig, BKB, and Yoghurt pots are marked. Look for “Nirvana killer loop” on garmin connect.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Yes summer lightening BKB and Yoghurt pots are marked on

http://www.openstreetmap.org/

rewski
    Free Member

Riding well up on Leith, you’ll have fun. There’s a Nirvana ride Sunday 11am (I think) from the shop in Westcott.

alzore
    Free Member

No Spacemonkey, I am on the below as from Ascot. It is no orange 5 but think it should handle ok on Deliverance…

alzore
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys…

rewski
    Free Member

I’d pay to watch someone do deliverance on a penny farthing.

mcboo
    Free Member

Here you go.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/111430970

If you start in Westcott you get a nice 45 minute warm up on the way up to Barry Knows Best, down to Peaslake, up the other side and back down Pitch.
    Tea and cheese stick at the Post Office in Peaslake then up to Holmbury.
    Enjoy the view then down Yoghurt Pots and Telegraph.
    Climb up to Leith, over the other side and into the extended Summer Lightening all the way to Westcott.

Is lots of riding I dont know about but these are the crowd pleasers, I get down there a few times a year and havent felt the need to look for more trails. Best riding I’ve done in the UK.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Out of interest did you actually click on the links I sent you ? As they were probably the most useful post.

Matt24k
    Free Member

If you go from the top of Leith Hill on the way to Summer Lightning is Waggle Dance (probably called other things too). It’s a nice little section that comes out just before Summer Lightning.
    After the Cricket pitch, you’ll see a footpath and after that the trail goes left off the fire road. This area is a leads to Deliverance, which is a v steep shoot down to your right. From the top of Deliverance bear to the right and you will find Waggle Dance.
    On Sunday morning there will be plenty of riders about so don’t be afraid to ask if you get lost.

alzore
    Free Member

yes thank you scu98rkr, i have your pages on the screen at the moment and lots of information to get us going there 🙂

mcboo
    Free Member

Deliverance seems like a waste to me….its just a straight, very steep drop no? If you go left there, its a great twisting route round to near the top of Summer Lightening.

spacemonkey

No Spacemonkey, I am on the below as from Ascot. It is no orange 5 but think it should handle ok on Deliverance…

Remember to get your arse over the back wheel. Might need the arms of a gorilla for that one 🙂

spacemonkey

I don’t see what all the fuss is about these day ref Summer Lightning. Used to be good ‘back in the day’ – but since the deforesting kicked in (6yrs or so ago?) it’s been dulled. It’s fine if you’re linking up with Wolvens to head towards the Rookery, but other than that I’d give it a miss. All IMHO of course.

mudsux
    Free Member

I’m off to the North Downs on Sunday

10pmix
    Free Member

I’d pay to watch someone do deliverance on a penny farthing.

Anyone know the couple who ride the Ellsworth tandem? They go down Deliverance on that. Bonkers…

A great way is just to tag onto a group who know the area. Maps/GPS are of limited use when you want a nice flowing ride. Lots of new trails too over pitch/winterfold way.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@alzores ygm

For your first SH trip a lap of trails on Leith, ride to Holmbury and a few sessions of Yogurt Pots and Barry Knows Best so you can ride them faster would be a good intro. Weather today (Thur) is stunning.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anyone know the couple who ride the Ellsworth tandem?

they ride with the Muddy Moles sometimes.

Darren and Amanda:

Ellsworth Witness review – a bike for TWO!

bigdaddy

Anyone know the couple who ride the Ellsworth tandem?

They aso ride with us at Freeborn, they are nuts on that bike…

We meet at the top of Pitch hill on a Sunday mornin, 8.30 if you want a guided ride of the best trails…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘one for the Surrey Hill regulars…’ is closed to new replies.