Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Obnoxious Customers
  • BermBandit
    Free Member

You would not believe the crap we have to deal with from customers. Seems that just by the token of making an enquiry they believe that they own your soul and that then gives them the right to be rude and, arrogant, not to mention stupid and ignorant. Whats worse, is that we consistently have to deal with people who very obviously and self evidently lie. For example I’ve had two cases now where people have had a supposed manufacturing fault with a high ticket item, which when we have looked into it they have claimed for in full against their household insurance and have been paid out. They have then gone onto try to claim the whole lot again against us.

We now photograph in high res all of the high ticket items that we ship out, and retain the pics against future claims. You would be amazed how many times we have to get them out and emabaressingly but firmly point out that gaining pecuniary advantage through deception is a criminal offence with potentially very severe consequences.

Worlds gone to rats in a hand cart IMHO

BoardinBob

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

People lie all the time when it comes to commercial matters. They assume suppliers (in general) are trying to rip them off so lie as a way of compensating. Or they use the “everyone is doing it and I’m missing out” justification. The noisier and more unreasonable the complainant, they more they are lying IME.

thehustler
    Free Member

TBH I agree amazing how many people come in with badly bent glasses and say ‘it just happened’ the laws of pysics obviously work differently for them, one of our optoms used to have a nice way of dealing with it, if it just happened he would put the glasses on the desk and just look at them, when the customer got fed up and asked what was going on , his reply “well if it just happened surely it can straighten itself too……..£

T666DOM

+1 the hustler

There’s some pretty nasty glasses cases out there, apparently perfect spex go in….mangled spex come out as if by magic.

FuzzyWuzzy

This thread is useless without details…

mt
    Free Member

we are all tell lies and cheat in some way then its no surprise that people are happy to gain an advantage. if we weren’t there would no such thing as “no win no fee”.

BermBandit
    Free Member

This thread is useless without details…

I could write a book about it … its a daily and routine occurence. Unfortunately, about the moment I hit send I’d probably lose my job, and more than likely be facing litigation so sorry, no specific details.

Cougar

What’s a “high ticket item” when it’s at home?

tonyd

Unfortunately this is the world we now live in. Any level of morality seems now to be frowned upon and/or laughed at. Look at those in positions of responsibility and influence, what kind of example do they set?

<sweeping statement>
    Politicians lie, cheat, and steal our money for their own personal gain. Business has discarded any semblance of loyalty to either it’s workforce or customer base – only the bottom line and shareholders are important these days. The erosion of community spirit allows people to use anonymity as a shield behind which they can hide from the thoughts and feelings of others.
    </sweeping statement>

God I’m depressed!

BermBandit
    Free Member

What’s a “high ticket item” when it’s at home?

Fair one: Sorry we sell bleeding expensive items to people who like to have objects within their home that are unique and unusual. Better?

DavidB
    Free Member

Dialysis machines?

zbonty

Classic

killwillforchips
    Free Member

I think he means its expensive; Cougar.

Me personally; i love nothing better than getting one over on shops/business’s/police etc.

Its just a given nowadays that if an opportunity exists – take it!
    😉

DezB
    Free Member

“Two cases now”

Shit man, the world has gone to rats in a hand cart and no mistake!

zippykona

I had a lady bring her poppy back and want another as that black bit in the middle fell off.

zilog6128

That kitchen story is awesome. 😀

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Dezb; you sound like a Simpsons character stuck in a cockney parody!

scaredypants

That kitchen story is awesome non-existant

zilog6128

That kitchen story is non-existant

WTF?! did that get redacted by the author or modded?

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I had a lady bring her poppy back and want another as that black bit in the middle fell off.

Seriously?!

Junkyard
    Free Member

modded as posts are deleted
    Reason – no idea

DezB
    Free Member

Cor blimey. Swear filter avoidance, innit. Dude?

andyrm
    Free Member

As the old adage goes “buyers are liars”……

Sadly customers in many sectors are conditioned to think they have a right to be rude, dishonest and stupid, then kick off at you when something goes wrong.

My fave is when they say “I’ll report you to the ombudsman” – I always make a point of asking which one, given I work in an unregulated industry, but apparently the one for utilities is a thoroughly nice chap…..

tomhoward

On the buyer = liar subject.

I often get people saying they can get X product cheaper elsewhere and what am I going to do about it, then they get all stressy when I say that that price is cheaper than I can buy it for, so won’t match it (B2B distributor, so no price match promises here!) so they should bite the other suppliers arm off.

A wry smile creeps on to my face a few days later, when they place the order with me, at my originally quoted price.

8)

molgrips
    Free Member

Unfortunately this is the world we now live in. Any level of morality seems now to be frowned upon and/or laughed at

You should try being moral, nice and kind. It usually pays off, especially when dealing with people I’ve bought stuff from.

I even had great customer service from Pace, when everyone else complained about them. I think it’s cos I was nice to them in the first place 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Obnoxious Customers’ is closed to new replies.